Runamuck

Runamuck’s latest Pirates MOC’s

[pid][/pid] 123C

I started building because I was rather bored the last few days, and for only a day and a half worth of building I think this ship turned out rather well.

img0793ry.jpg

I actually just started fiddling around with some pieces to see if I could find a fairly easy way to make a brick build hull. It turned out well, so I decided to make a merchant ship out of it, and with a little influence of the Pirates of the Caribbean the colour of the ship was determined.

img0794ni.jpg

The figurehead.

img0796d.jpg

Note the doors that allow people to go through the structure.

img0800v.jpg

A blurry view of the anchor mechanism and the single cannon, which this merchant ship has for self-defence.

img0801wh.jpg

The door to the cabin, the hatch to the lower deck and the stairs to the upper deck.

img0803mj.jpg

Rudder, telescope, Ship’s bell and flag of the East India Trading Company.

img0804d.jpg

The backend of the ship. It’s inspired by the backend of the Endeavour.

img0806u.jpg

The interior of the cabin.

img0772d.jpg

The lower deck.

img0807fc.jpg

A somewhat blurry view of the kitchen. For the sake of the crew I hope that that isn’t the cook from the SCUMM bar.

img0775cm.jpg

The cargo hold.

There might come some pictures of some other MOC’s that my brother and I have made later.

That's a nice ship! I like the view of the interiors, especially what you are cooking in that pot, looks really nice! :pir-classic:

The overall shape is very good and it is nice too see that you respected the proportions of the ship. The sails are remarkably well done. It does need, however, some work on both the bow and the stern. I know this parts are the hardest on brick-built ships, as they get very round, but yours seem too blocky. The colourscheme is also great, nice work.

for a day and a half, she's awesome! If you wanted to take more time to refine her there is room for it to be sure, but you've got a wonderful start here. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments.

I thought that the clam and some “carrot bits” would work well as some kind of dish that the cook was making.

I like the LEGO pirates theme a lot, but frankly I don’t know a lot about ships. Frank Brick Wright, could you please explain to me what you mean with respecting the proportions of the ship, because it was not intentional from my side as I don’t know what it means. For a first attempt at building a ship with inverted slopes it think it isn’t too bad, but it is indeed not too round, the sides in particular are completely flat, but I’ll probably remember to try and make it rounder in the future.

I’m probably not going to change a whole lot on this one, I generally only do short builds, but refinement can always be attempted on future MOC’s.

Edit:

I have also built a fort for my Armada figures a while ago.

img0810g.jpg

I finally thought that I had enough figures to justify building a bigger fort for them. The fort shares some features with the Eldorado Fortress.

img0811nu.jpg

One improvement over the Eldorado Fortress though is that you cant simply crawl out of the window in the prison cell.

img0812ba.jpg

A little office for an important looking officer.

img0814hh.jpg

That hatch is a good way to fill the hole in the baseplate.

Edit 2:

My ship is good enough to get indexed? I hadn’t expected that.

Edited by Runamuck

Thanks for the comments.

My brother was bored and built this little ship.

img0894tf.jpg

A harmless looking little boat, isn’t it?

img0896op.jpg

The crew looks pretty laid back.

img0898bz.jpg

I wonder if anyone will get the joke…

img0899ch.jpg

A look at the brick built hull.

img0900ae.jpg

So what purpose does this harmless looking ship serve?

img0901ew.jpg

Rum smugling.

These are some really cool builds.

It's pretty awesome to see how you integrated the classic pirate LEGO feeling into this.

Nice stuff! :thumbup:

any little ship is always a winner in my book, its a shame its all in black cause I would like to build me one too and its a little hard to see how it goes togther, but never mind :pir_laugh2: , great work