Sign in to follow this  
Steinkopf

MOC: BDe 4/4 Triebwagen

Hello Everyone

Here is the next installment of photos, this model is the BDe 4/4 a Passenger Railcar with a luggage compartment, this design is the older half sister of the De 4/4 and is a freelance take on the large variety of Electric Passenger Railcars that were bought into service in Switzerland during the early 1900s. The design features 2 driving cabs a luggage compartment that can store suitcases and bicycles and last but not least seating for 4 passengers, the unit can be coupled to a control coach to provide a 2 car push-pull set.

6333869825_f052749e81_z.jpg

6333840559_812ee5bbe3_z.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Impressive Steinkopf. I really like these Swiss railcars and your design looks fantastic. I was watching an episode of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew mysteries (from the late 70s/early 80s) last night. It was called Mystery on Avalanche Express. The characters were aboard a train from Hungary to Austria (passing through Switzerland) and the rail car looked surprisingly similar to this.

In any case, I like the green which just looks good for this type of railcar. I also notice that you popped on that 9V motor demonstrating how easy 9V was to use, a huge advantage when building trains not requiring big wheels. The luggage compartment sounds neat and it looks like the top can lift off easily. I'd love to see the interior if you have any more pictures.

Do you plan to add any additional passenger cars?

Overall, a great design! :thumbup:

Impressive Steinkopf. I really like these Swiss railcars and your design looks fantastic. I was watching an episode of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew mysteries (from the late 70s/early 80s) last night. It was called Mystery on Avalanche Express. The characters were aboard a train from Hungary to Austria (passing through Switzerland) and the rail car looked surprisingly similar to this.

In any case, I like the green which just looks good for this type of railcar. I also notice that you popped on that 9V motor demonstrating how easy 9V was to use, a huge advantage when building trains not requiring big wheels. The luggage compartment sounds neat and it looks like the top can lift off easily. I'd love to see the interior if you have any more pictures.

Do you plan to add any additional passenger cars?

Overall, a great design! :thumbup:

Thanks for that Brickster and Jimbo

Brickster to answer your questions

All of my stock is powered by 9v, I have 2 Steam Locos and plan to build another one soon the 9v motors are mounted in the tenders so I can use the Emerald Night Wheels. I am not a big fan of PF as there are a number of limitations build wise due to the battery box and receiver, you can build a much smaller Loco on a 9v power bogie compared to PF, also PF is not overly exhibition friendly when doing large layouts, my train group has had line of sight issues with the controller for PF trains particularly if they are in a tunnel or behind buildings, whilst 9v you just change the power setting on the regulator.

I have also built a control coach that goes with it it's designated ABt which means it has 1st and 2nd class seating arrangements, there 4 each seats provided for 1st and 2nd class passengers, there is also a small cab for the driver to control the train.

5001186180_c89b6f4767_z.jpg

5001296048_4b9736fe0b_z.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Hi Steinkopf,

Your models are really amazing. Is it possible to see a couple of photos of the interior? Have you gone to town with the details on the inside as you have on the outside?

Tim

You did a very nice job on these BDe 4/4 and ABt you got there.

Could you shoot a photo of the entire consist? Would look great. Thanks.

Does the yellow streak at the top of the train appearing on one half of one side mean that it's for passenger use? If it is then I'm guessing I'm slowly discovering the nuances. Either way, I'm really appreciating the attention to detail.

Excellent piece of train building there 'Steinkopf', reminds me of a green version of our Red Hen's we had in Adelaide thirty years ago. :wink:

Brick On 'Steinkopf' ! :classic:

Does the yellow streak at the top of the train appearing on one half of one side mean that it's for passenger use? If it is then I'm guessing I'm slowly discovering the nuances. Either way, I'm really appreciating the attention to detail.

In Switzerland a yellow streak indicates first class section. Often a line, or on more modern trains, it is a yellow block over the doors.

In Switzerland a yellow streak indicates first class section. Often a line, or on more modern trains, it is a yellow block over the doors.

Thankyou roamingstudio as you mentioned the Yellow stripe is used to indicate the 1st class section of a coach or a 1st coach if it runs the full length, the use of the Yellow stripe is very common feature in Western Europe for denoting 1st class passenger stock.

Wonderful creation! So realistic and original.

Is the pantograph customised with orange/red straws?

I really like your train. The old train doors work well and you've got some nice details on the roof.

I noticed from the URL of your images that they're hosted on Flickr but I can't find them there. Can you give us a link to your Flickr page?

Wonderful creation! So realistic and original.

Is the pantograph customised with orange/red straws?

Thanks Harnbak

The Pantographs are constructed using all Lego parts, the conductor shoes are Belville Ice Skates and the frames are 3mm Rigid Tube with Pirate Hook Hands inserted in them.

I really like your train. The old train doors work well and you've got some nice details on the roof.

I noticed from the URL of your images that they're hosted on Flickr but I can't find them there. Can you give us a link to your Flickr page?

Thanks Duq

Certainly, here's the link to my photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_stannard/ :classic: .

Doh!

Steinkopf - Brickhead. Should have known...

I thought you would have recognized the stock as you would have seen them before over at the Flickr Lego Trains MOC's group.

With the name Steinkopf I had to use it here as Brickhead had already been taken, ironically Steinkopf has been taken on Flickr :hmpf_bad: .

Hi Steinkopf,

it looks very nice, i like the green color much more than the brown on the "Gepäcktriebwagen". Go on building like this. Thumbs up.

Greetz Martin