Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

The Magelica

The Magelica, a Saber class Dwarven warship commanded by Admiral Zondervan Farknocker.

1328320090m_DISPLAY.jpg

Most people don't think of Dwarves as sailors, but centuries ago an intrepid group of Dwarves

from Mitgardia left their mountain caverns and set out to sea (even Oaknob from Pikesteel

Mountain served several decades aboard a Dwarven ship). Today the Dwarven fleet operates out of

both Tradewind Bay and the Bay of Storms.

13283200941_DISPLAY.jpg

More photos and descriptions at MOCPages

One of the coolest ships I have ever seen. :thumbup: The shape is unique, and the steamwheels fit in perfectly with the dwarven building style. The mines are interesting as well - wouldn't want to be hit by one of those. :laugh: Fantastic job.

WOW! This is incredible! I love the original ideas: the steamship wheel, the great curving prow, the cabin and stern deck. This ship looks beautiful. This is one of those MOCs that just surprises you when you first see it because it is so original. Great job!

Beautiful! Lots of really good parts use, I especially like the lights and stern and paddle wheels. Another very impressive build.

:classic:

The sails configuration reminds me a bit of the

. It would also look cool besides or battling against the Troll Warship from Fantasy Era which also reminds me of Warcraft II's intro a lot.

All in all it's a great ship.

Wow, what an amazing looking ship! The shaping is very unique. I saw your video of the ship functions on Flickr too, very impressive! :thumbup:

ps. By the way, the photoediting in of the ships wake looks brilliant. Not sure about the white water in front of the paddles - would the water actually behave in that manner? Mind you, the ship looks so unique that you could imagine quite a lot going on below the waterline that might cause that... :sweet:

It looks absolutely impressive. I like the flow of the first picture!

That's a great design! Although it's mostly black, you've done a great job on the ship.

Awesome how the design matches the dwarven theme. I've never even tried to imagine a dwarven ship before. Really impressive.

Great job on your ship. It is both majestic and magical. I hope the day never comes that the Blackthorn ever has to go against that because I'm pretty sure the Magelica would win.

Thanks everbody!

The sails configuration reminds me a bit of the

. It would also look cool besides or battling against the Troll Warship from Fantasy Era which also reminds me of Warcraft II's intro a lot.

Thanks, I've played World of Warcraft for several years now, so that has been a big inspiration for my builds. The sails were actually copied from the Jabba's Sail Barge set. I liked the unique shape they have.

Not sure about the white water in front of the paddles - would the water actually behave in that manner?

I have no idea, but with the water crashing against the bow of the ship and the downward force of the front paddles I figured there would be a lot of white water being churned up.

I really like the shape of the ship! Nice and smooth in the right places. Good details and the idea of dwarves on a ship itself is quite original. The sails are in a great shape, very good ship!