CaptainCRO

Minifig arm cracks

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

20210218_191904.jpgit was the arm when I tried to rotate the spear in his hand. Happened to the same minifig. Both PoP mini figs. Let me know if you can properly see the arm in the picture above. 

That looks like dark red? If it is, it's entirely probable in this case it's suffering from the same defect that many parts made in dark red and reddish brown suffered over the recent years (my star wars V19 torrent suffered horrendously for this. Pulled off a plate and it left half of it behind! Had about 7 or so pieces from that set alone simply snap or leave behind part of a plate) it's a known issue with dark red that has apparantly been rectified in the past 2 years or so. 

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your minifigs. I'm glad it was a known issue and fixed by Lego. I was afraid to touch any of my other minifigs for fear of arms cracking or breaking. Thankfully, I have replacement arms for the above soliders. 

27 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

reddish brown

Glad to know its not me, I've had at least half a dozen reddish brown pieces break recently.

If you remove the legs, can you get some metal tweezers or something inside the torso and exert pressure on the arm at the joint to try and push it out? Either that or think about buying a replacement torso...

It'll be useful if you ever need war-wounded for a MOC though. :pirate-sad

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

If you remove the legs, can you get some metal tweezers or something inside the torso and exert pressure on the arm at the joint to try and push it out? Either that or think about buying a replacement torso...

It'll be useful if you ever need war-wounded for a MOC though. :pirate-sad

I was able to fix both mini figs! I used a knife to trim the remaining plastic on the arm. Then pushed the joint out. Some scratches to the torso, unfortunately, but the new arms cover it up well. 

51 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

I was able to fix both mini figs! I used a knife to trim the remaining plastic on the arm. Then pushed the joint out. Some scratches to the torso, unfortunately, but the new arms cover it up well.

That's wonderful news! :pir-wench: Unusable Lego is a painful thing indeed, so at least you can still use the torso