But the motors are up front and back, separated, unless you mean proportional control?

Ohh good point i forgot about that. I was also thinking maybe 2 or 4 wheel drive when i first saw it. I dont know :sceptic: .

tim

Could it have anything to do with steering, or is it just nothing and just fake?

Could it have anything to do with steering, or is it just nothing and just fake?

It looks to bulky to be fake.

tim

It looks to bulky to be fake.

tim

Then I'm stumped! Its probably something with steering.

Edited by sama

It's definatly not a fake it looks too real , I also taught it looked in a differant position in an other video clip from the toy show, it's very interesting and seems to be something there keeping quiet at the moment!

switch for the battery possibly

Yah, there are multiple theories about this switch. It could be for a gearbox, it could be for the battery box, or it could just be fake (hope not).

If it is the case that there's 2 drive motors and one for steering perhaps the switch toggles between 2 and 4 wheel steering?

Nope there is photo proof that 2 drive motors and only 1 steer motor.

tim

How,is there proof? I haven't seen anything showing this. Maybe if somebody does a frame by frame replay of the new video, then this issue may be resolved.

If it is the case that there's 2 drive motors and one for steering perhaps the switch toggles between 2 and 4 wheel steering?

This would not make sense,why would u want to switch between 2 and 4 wheel steering! Anything with 4 wheel steering is normally ether one or the other!

I really do hope it's for speed s but it's unlikely where it is positioned and there is no centre drive shafts to work off, a diff lock would be nice even on 1 axle but again it's unlikely ;(

How,is there proof? I haven't seen anything showing this. Maybe if somebody does a frame by frame replay of the new video, then this issue may be resolved.

Ah i would be fairly sure there's 2 drive motors as 1 would not be good enough for power, it's fairly obvious if ur any way mechanically minded!

Edited by davidmull

I was only speculating really, I'm still not 100 percent on whether we'll be seeing 2 drive motors and 1 to steer or vice versa but if the central motor does steer then it'd be a relatively easy way to add extra functionality to the model. There are plenty of examples of vehicles which can switch between 2 and 4 wheel steering in real life, and a few of them are offroaders, whether this is or isn't the function of this switch we'll have to wait and see, same with the motors...

Oh and from the few glimpses we've seen I think I prefer the look of the b model...

I was only speculating really, I'm still not 100 percent on whether we'll be seeing 2 drive motors and 1 to steer or vice versa but if the central motor does steer then it'd be a relatively easy way to add extra functionality to the model. There are plenty of examples of vehicles which can switch between 2 and 4 wheel steering in real life, and a few of them are offroaders, whether this is or isn't the function of this switch we'll have to wait and see, same with the motors...

Oh and from the few glimpses we've seen I think I prefer the look of the b model...

Is there any good quality pictures of the b model?And ur rite we will have to wait and see what that switch does!

Edited by davidmull

I've only seen the shady shot of it from the video posted earlier in this thread so far...

Edited by Sam42

I think the lever is a lie! But if it's functional I guess it could be used to select between steering modes. A simple reversing gearbox could be used to give it 3 modes of steering, 4 wheel, 2 wheel and crab steer. Although that depends on how far the servo turns and if it's enough to make the backlash in the synchromesh/slip gears negligable.

Edited by allanp

I think the lever is a lie! But if it's functional I guess it could be used to select between steering modes. A simple reversing gearbox could be used to give it 3 modes of steering, 4 wheel, 2 wheel and crab steer. Although that depends on how far the servo turns and if it's enough to make the backlash in the synchromesh/slip gears negligable.

I don't think it will be crab steering, I just think that the lever is for battery box on-off switching,because it would be somewhere in the middle. If the drive work by 2 separated motors, it can't be a gearbox :cry_sad:

What do you mean, you can clearly see the front gears moving (that's were the motors are placed)in every 9398 video.

What do you mean, you can clearly see the front gears moving (that's were the motors are placed)in every 9398 video.

I totally agree , I really don't know what people do be thinking some times ;)

the_proof.png

tim

Few things I'm wondering about? Iv asked before be didn't really get a good answer :) I know there is lots of truck trial people on here and they would have more experience!

1) Do ye think this crawler could Or be able to do some real hard work on real trials?

2) Do ye think that this crawler will be able to be as good running power puller wheels?

These are the main things playing on my mind about this set,maybe Lego might put a picture saying not for outdoor use like they did with 8043 in sand!

Any taughts on these 2 questions would be great :)

Edited by davidmull

Witf diffs and such low ground clearance? Are you joking, it cant be as capable.

PP wheels should be possible, as you can increase portal gear ratio using 8 and 24 tooth gears.

Witf diffs and such low ground clearance? Are you joking, it cant be as capable.

PP wheels should be possible, as you can increase portal gear ratio using 8 and 24 tooth gears.

No not joking just asking! I presume it's comming with 12/20 gearing so yes 8/24 will be a good option, I didn't think the ground clearance was that bad !

Yeah, the ground clearance doesn't look too bad and can easily be made better. PP wheels will also increase it slightly. You may have to replace the diffs with something else and increase the gearing down, but that's all good fun! The servo motor should make this very easy to manouver, perhaps better than any other trial truck if it is strong enough and has active return to centre capability.