Thanks everyone, glad you like it.

Instructions are comming, I just need some time.

The 3d text at the start off the video is made with wax 2.0, a great free video editor.

Great build, can't wait for this, thanks a lot man!

Hey guys can you write here where you bought 9398 and how much was the price.

TRU using a 20% off coupon. They were nice (I'm their best customer, lol) and let me use it. Got it for $160 + tax!

Please tell me what is box size and weight.

I have read in this forum it's 2,3 KG. Not sure about the dimensions.

One from buch.de for 140 euros using a coupon they sent me in their newsletter, and one from amazon.de for 130.

this they Parts are left.

normal? so many black pins left?

I kept my extra parts for the 9398 "A" Model in a plastic bag, and had a slightly different batch than you. I had:

4 ea. Light Bluish Gray Technic Half Bushes

2 ea. Light Bluish Gray Technic Bushes

2 ea. Red Technic Bushes

6 ea. Black Technic Pins With Friction

1 ea. Light Bluish Gray Technic Pin Without Friction

2 ea. Dark Bluish Gray Technic 3/4 Pins

1 ea. Light Bluish Gray Technic 1/2 Pin

1 ea. Blue Technic 1/2 Pin

1 ea. Tan 12-tooth Technic Bevel Gear

1 ea. Trans Red 1x1 Round Plate

1 ea. Trans Orange 1x1 Round Plate

1 ea. Trans Clear 1x1 Round Plate

If your model OPERATES well, I would not worry about the differing "extra" parts.

Edited by DLuders

For those of you who like something with more speed, you can build this with only the parts from the 9398:

Wow Jovel this model you made is so good. Just wondering why this is faster than the main 9398 model.

p.s Once I get 9398 which doesn't come out for another couple of weeks cause I live in Australia I will build this model that you made if Instructions are available

its faster because the 9398 is geared down 3 timesdefault_tong.gif welcome to the forum noobdefault_laugh_new.gif hope you like it.

thank you it feels good to be in a community of people that love technic

I built mine on the weekend and haven't stopped playing with it, the aftermarket tyres are definitely the way to go.

Its certainly a good model to modify and try different things with, a real technic learning set i reckon :thumbup:

TechnicNoob, I'm an Aussie also, Bricklink is my friend LOL :laugh:

I have to say I'm bored of my crawler already,I was looking forward to it for so long but I just don't seem to have the interest in it like I had with 8110 :(

Had anyone built the b model yet as it looks meaner I think :)

So now it's time for you to tear it apart and invent something with the pieces! :thumbup: That is the Crawler's BIG advantage over standard RC crawlers.

David: same here... The crawler ist already covered with dust were as the Mog gets hands on every day. I'll disassemble the crawler in the next days. I'll try to add the motors to my Mog.

Pat

Edited by Pat-Ard

I built both the 9398's A-Model and B-Model (using two sets), and think that the A-Model is better balanced. The B-Model may look "meaner" but it is nose-heavy. If you are "bored" with the models, you can easily remove their Power Functions L-Motors and try them on MOCs that struggle with PF M-Motors. Or, you can give them to some kid down the street and they'll have LOTS of fun with them! :laugh:

In the past couple of years (like 2), Technic sets have greatly reduced in technical complexity. I mean, compare 9398's gears and transmission with the transmission of 8110. And then compare 8110 technical complexity with 8043's crazy gearbox! The advantage with 9398 is it is more fun to "play" with then any other set.

Sets go up and down in complexity more or less independently of years. For example, speaking of recent sets, the 9396 is more complex than its hierarchical equivalent, the 8109.

I think I'll build the b model it looks bigger and meaner :) it also reminds me of the cool off road truck on the fast and furious movie last year, do I have to remove all my stickers from the a model first? I then might build a trailer for the truck to transport my 8110 :)

Has anyone got instructions for a nice lowboy trailer for 8110?

Has anyone got instructions for a nice lowboy trailer for 8110?

Han has several nice trailers on his "Technic LEGO site of Han". Click on the various MOC links on the left side of this webpage.

I m impressed. LEGO made a very nice build, but only bad thing is differentials. Going to change them to knob wheels.