You have right, lucky for me that's the easy's part to take off :laugh:

129_2956_1.jpg

Looks great :)How well does it drive on power pullers in ur opinion?

Looks great :)How well does it drive on power pullers in ur opinion?

A lot better than the orginal wheels David

You have right, lucky for me that's the easy's part to take off :laugh:

129_2956_1.jpg

I like that colour combination and modding :thumbup:

When receive my try to make it fully black - Black pearl:) You still can make it first :tongue:

Edited by rm8

I like that colour combination and modding :thumbup:

When receive my try to make it fully black - Black pearl:) You still can make it first :tongue:

I hope that you will make it :wub:

To any users that own this set and 8110, which would you say is more valuable? In terms of build experience, time spent with the model after being built, and potential resale value. Also, which is less noticeably affected by using rechargeable batteries rather than alkaline?

I am looking at purchasing one of these two items. I'm having a hard time justifying spending $250 CAD on just one of these at the moment. I can't decide which I prefer at this point, this is why I would like some input from someone who owns both. Thank you kindly.

To any users that own this set and 8110, which would you say is more valuable? In terms of build experience, time spent with the model after being built, and potential resale value. Also, which is less noticeably affected by using rechargeable batteries rather than alkaline?

I am looking at purchasing one of these two items. I'm having a hard time justifying spending $250 CAD on just one of these at the moment. I can't decide which I prefer at this point, this is why I would like some input from someone who owns both. Thank you kindly.

I like the 8110 more for all the technic and like 9398 for the motors and servo

A lot better than the orginal wheels David

Do the big wheels not kill the power? Have u geared down to 8/24 tooth?

Do the big wheels not kill the power? Have u geared down to 8/24 tooth?

yes he did, you can see it in one of the photos.

I like the 8110 more for all the technic and like 9398 for the motors and servo

I know there is a pretty big difference in the parts count for the models. Is this difference really felt when building, or with the models' final size? I don't want to feel like I'm buying a ~$170 set for $250 with the crawler when I could be buying the Unimog for better parts/price value.

@ cottonwood: It sounds like you are leaning towards buying the Lego Technic 8110 Unimog set. Get it for the simple reason that it has been out for a year, and will be discontinued BEFORE the new 9398 4x4 Crawler "flagship" will. You can always get the 9398 later.... :classic:

@ cottonwood: It sounds like you are leaning towards buying the Lego Technic 8110 Unimog set. Get it for the simple reason that it has been out for a year, and will be discontinued BEFORE the new 9398 4x4 Crawler "flagship" will. You can always get the 9398 later.... :classic:

Thanks for the advice. May I ask what your personal opinion on the model is?

I LOVE the 9398 4x4 Crawler. Believe it or not, I don't own the Lego Unimog 8110 U400 set, because I was saving my money for other stuff.... :look:

interesting. I think it may be a wise choice for me to save my money and make a decision later. I will have to settle for drooling over pictures and videos of both models online for now. :classic:

Today i have build the B model in collors off a render from JunckstyleGio made in LDD

It whas fun to build it and i like the red and wite and now in this red chassis i geared it up and drive's faster and it can olso do some offroad but for real offroad is down geared version a lot better. Olso i put the reciver at a other place and when it's roll over you don't brake it off

129_2958_1.jpg

129_2962_1.jpg

129_2961_1.jpg

129_2963_1.jpg

A and B model off the 9398 in one shot

129_2965_1.jpg

Greets Edwin

Edited by VFracingteam

Guys, can anybody post a picture of the crawler with the following wheels:PP disk+normal 9398 tire?

I you mean the PP wheel whit the 9398 Tire, it's not looking nice :sick:

I you mean the PP wheel whit the 9398 Tire, it's not looking nice :sick:

Yes, that`s what I mean.Can you make a photo?

I think that Dluders already make photo's off it and you can find it at the Unimog 8110 changes at EB

Whit the MOG tire's and wheels off the PP it's looks great, but not whit the tire off the 9398

Edited by VFracingteam

Just type Lego 9398 into google images there's loads!

@vfracing I love ur b model but not liking the red sorry :( b model looks well in stock colours.

I like red & white color scheme :classic: It looks like offroad firetruck :sweet:

Edited by Rastwo

Just type Lego 9398 into google images there's loads!

@vfracing I love ur b model but not liking the red sorry :( b model looks well in stock colours.

Best David,

Lucky we have are own taste, i don,t like the red chassis with a orange, black body it's too fasion for me, i am a old man and and i olso don't like the red body, but with this chassis i don,t have for me a choise too make it red.

Later on i will make a Moc off it and i think you will like it

I like red & white color scheme :classic: It looks like offroad firetruck :sweet:

No Rastwo this is a Offroad Firetruck i build.

The red 9398 B model is a offroad truck in the collor off the render JunckstyleGio has made

123_2333_1_1.jpg

JunckstyleGio render, i build his red B model off it

7622959160_83e7dffe0e_c.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Guys, can anybody post a picture of the crawler with the following wheels:PP disk+normal 9398 tire?

The Lego 54120 tires that come with the Lego Technic 9398 4x4 Crawler set DO FIT on the silvery Lego 22969 "Power Puller" wheels, but the diameter of the 54120 tires DECREASE when you do this. You can see the bulging of the tires' sidewalls, which (in turn) reduces the tires' diameter.

In the picture below, the stock Lego 44772 black wheel + Lego 54120 tire (which come with the 9398 set, and which are shown in the middle) demonstrate the normal diameter. The Lego 8110 Unimog's 92912 tire on the Lego 44772 wheel is shown at the extreme left. My Flickr photoset

7720194006_5c7b1685a8_c.jpg

Since one wants to INCREASE the diameter of the 9398's tires (for greater ability to climb onto objects), this combination actually is detrimental. The only good thing about it is that the tire's CONTACT PATCH on the ground is larger, but not by much.

Left-to-right in the picture below:

(1) Bare Lego 22969 Power Puller wheel

(2) Lego Power Puller 22969 Wheel + Lego Power Puller 32298 Tire

(3) Lego Power Puller 22969 Wheel + the stock Lego 54120 tire that comes with the 9398 set

(4) Stock Lego 44772 wheel + Lego 54120 combination

(5) Stock black Lego 44772 wheel that comes with the 9398 set

7720098044_d535d65a6e_c.jpg

If you are going to take a fire truck offroad, you better know how to drive it!

BallstonSpatruckshow_4778_resized.jpgmud-a.jpg

Edited by DLuders

@ VF racingteam:

You did an awesome job on both the a- and b-model recoloring.

Orange/black is a great combination and the black chassis adds to it.

The red b-model looks indeed a bit like a firetruck.. In this all red and white model i really like the red chassis.

But it is all a matter of taste.

Hopefully you will show some of famous mods of the crawler soon.

Good luck!

I'm still waiting to get this set but it's still not in stock in Smyths Ireland. Hopefully this week :)

Has the demand for power puller wheels gone up I wonder!