Pics or it didn't happen.

OK, if you don't believe my word. I don't have a video yet. It'll come, but you'll have to be patient for that.

This MOC even has 2 battery-boxes, so the XL's have their full power.

afb302_800x600.jpg

afb303_800x600.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

Does anyone know or the set will be sold before august in the offical Lego shop, in juni I'm in Copenhagen so I will go the Lego shop overthere (again).

As far as I can see, both have live axle suspensions; but the Unimog uses a Panhard rod on each axle, whereas the Crawler uses a 5-point linkage (not sure if this is its correct name).

In the offroad world, the unimog's suspension is considered a radius arm suspension. in this, it uses two radius arms fixed to the axial, combined with springs to set the longitudinal position, and a panhard bar (or track bar) to secure the lateral position. The axial's castor/pinion angle is fixed to the radius arms and changes through the range of suspension travel.

The rock crawler is using a "triangulated 4 link" suspension. In this setup, the castor/pinion angle (usually) stays the same (relative to ground) through the entire range of suspension travel. The equal, but opposite, triangulated 4 links set both lateral and longitudinal position. There is no need for a "track bar". It allows the axial to move to extreme positions without binding in the suspension links and allows great drive line angles while maintaining tire contact with the rocks below.

Many of today's coil spring trucks use use what is know as a "5 link" system. It uses 4 links in parallel to set longitudinal, and one link (track bar/panhard bar) to set lateral. It is very stable and stiff for comfortable highway speeds. This system is not preferred in "rock crawling" as it lacks the desired amount of axial freedom.

Does anybody have any information on 9398? Its been along time since we've got an update.

Does anybody have any information on 9398? Its been along time since we've got an update.

It's been way to long , there seemed to be way more hype over 8110 last year!

Ok, I haven't been on for awhile and I was reading through this. The "Stick shift" piece in the cab, have we figured that out? My idea is if the new L Motor, I think thats the one thats the drive motors, has an adjustable speed. And does anyone know what kind of springs we get, are they the hard or soft?

From this webpage on TechnicBRICKS, it looks like the Lego Technic Shock Absorbers are the same as the 8110 Unimog U400 set's -- the 95292c01 "Technic, Shock Absorber 9.5L, Complete Assembly (Extra Hard Spring)":

95292c01.jpg

4117246992.jpg

@DLuders

Thanks, but why the extra hard spring? If it's offroad/4x4 wouldn't it need a softer suspension?

I bet the ppl at Lego. Read the post and have a good laugh As we try and work out what will be on new sets. Can just see them giggling saying hehehe thay dont have a clue ....lol

Does anybody have any information about this set? C'mon, if your hiding it, spit it out! I swear there was more information about 8110 last year; some people even had the set by May! :sceptic:

Edited by sama

It seems that The Lego Group has imposed unusually tight security around the release of the 9498 4x4 Crawler set. Here we are ~6 weeks from its release, and the toy wholesalers and retailers have been given a gag order:

Lego-gagged-and-tied.jpg

It seems that The Lego Group has imposed unusually tight security around the release of the 9498 4x4 Crawler set. Here we are ~6 weeks from its release, and the toy wholesalers and retailers have been given a gag order:

Lego-gagged-and-tied.jpg

That's mighty strange. You'd have thought that there would be tighter security around the unimog, but there wasn't. What gives?

Prices and info -we all ready knew mostly- start appearing in Holland too:

Crawler Dutch web seller link

150 euro

text translation:

Lego Technic 9398 4X4 4X4 Crawler Offroader. This realistic 4x4 crawler can handle even the toughest terrain. Using The LEGO ® Power Functions IR remote control, the four wheels are driven and controlled! With its advanced suspension, the machine can drive over large boulders. The doors of this strong vehicle can be opened and you can get the roof off. Build it into a sturdy 4x4 off-road truck!

• Motorized control, driving the four wheels and special suspension for extreme terrain. The doors open and the roof off

• 2 models in 1: change it in a rugged 4x4 off-road truck

• Includes 2 LEGO ® Power Functions L motors, servo motor, battery, remote control and infrared receiver

• Use the remote to steer the wheels!

• The doors can open!

• Includes building instructions for 4x4 crawler. Go to technic.lego.com for instructions to the crawler into a 4x4 off-road truck

• The 4x4 off-road truck's suspension for extreme terrain and LEGO Power Functions 4-wheel drive and remote control

• The 4x4 crawler is 21cm high, 39cm long and 21cm wide

• The 4x4 off-road truck is 28cm high, 36cm long and 21cm wide

@Dluders -Nice picture default_laugh_new.gif

That's mighty strange. You'd have thought that there would be tighter security around the unimog, but there wasn't. What gives?

I'm not sure.. that is rather strange though.

I guess my hopes of buying it at $150 have been defeated.. How can this thing have a price anywhere near that of the Unimog-with its complex function, design, part count, and pneumatics.. True, power functions is expensive and so is introducing two new motors in the same set but still..default_hmpfbad.gif I guess I'll have to buy the motors buy themselves. If only I could find the Unimog on discount somewhere. I would love to sit next to it and stare at it all day long.. default_blush.gif

Unimog cost 200 euros, not 150. And don't forget that unimog has only one motor and one battery box. The crawler has three motors ( which costs more than a M one) and an Ir which costs roughly 14 euros, so price go quickly up !

Can anyone tell me how long it might be to the new motor are avalable to buy separately?

Apparently the Crawler is already for sale in the LEGO Shop in Oberhausen (Germany), for 169 euros. Shouldn't be too long for parts to be available then.

Source: http://www.lowlug.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=9365&p=285159#p285159 (Dutch).

Edited by Arfman

Apparently the Crawler is already for sale in the LEGO Shop in Oberhausen (Germany), for 169 euros. Shouldn't be too long for parts to be available then.

Source: http://www.lowlug.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=9365&p=285159#p285159 (Dutch).

Yes, it is true.

I called the shop in Oberhausen and they gõt it!

In the shop there were at least 4 available and maybe more in stock..

Also the chopper and tractor and the other ..(?)

Prices:

9398: €169

9396: €89

9393: €29

9xxx: €20

Good luck!

Edited by bord4kop

If I have understood, somebody have already the model? Why doesn't he post any picture?

If I have understood, somebody have already the model? Why doesn't he post any picture?

Busy building probably :tongue: AND there 's football/soccer going on tonight. Germany is playing..

Does anybody care to post deep link to store/shop can't find it. But if they got it might warrant a emergency purchase so I can have the crawler on my birthday that is in the first part july :cry_happy:

But only if price is fairly close to 152 euro as I have seen offer for on danish site, but is my post in the other thread. But do we know anyhing like if they just has gotten a limited shipement or if the will run out of supplies?

Edited by jacobkristensen