brickcitydepot

Corner Shop & Apartments - Modular Building

indexed.gif B-OM-11E

This is our newest Modular building. I have been working on this one off and on since the start of October. This Neo-Dutch Renaissance styled building was based off of a corner store in Amsterdam in Muntplein Square. The real building can be seen here: Amsterdam - Koor-I-Noor Diamond Factory Nieuwe Doelenstraat I made the first floor a jewelery store. The 2nd floor has 2 apartments and the third floor contains a large apartment which is a bachelor pad. Instructions are available on our website: www.brickcitydepot.com

6805211657_2bca0a015c_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments #1 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211147_f826747a68_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - Front by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211029_3b5624ab3b_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - Street level by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211247_8910348f54_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - sections by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211297_e92a5f3505_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments 1st floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211361_b4f74e9b2f_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - 1st floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211423_bdd0559bbd_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - 2nd floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211471_6ffdae1115_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - 2nd floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211543_2c1d5a7f22_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - 3rd floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6805211599_06545efffc_z.jpg

Cornershop & Apartments - 3rd floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

Edited by Phred

Well done! :thumbup: That's quite some architectural extravaganza already in the original building that you captured very nicely. And nice furniture, too.

Great building! I like the colours and all the different ways you've sculpted the facade. The turret is also nice, although I would have chosen a leaner spire, conform the original. The interior is also great. A worthy companion to the modular sets.

By the way, al little bit of nitpicking: this style isn't neo-classical but neo-Dutch-renaissance.

Great building! I like the colours and all the different ways you've sculpted the facade. The turret is also nice, although I would have chosen a leaner spire, conform the original. The interior is also great. A worthy companion to the modular sets.

By the way, al little bit of nitpicking: this style isn't neo-classical but neo-Dutch-renaissance.

Thanks I sent you a message.

This is an amazing building. The original house itself looks very complicated to rebuild in LEGO, but you caught its spirit perfectly. On the outside, the roof section is my favourite with large windows, whereas interiors in all three floors is stunning. The jewelery section has amazing glass stands for the colourful diamonds. Both apartments in the second floor look great. It's amazing how well you managed to squize everything in! The Murphy bad looks really sweet. :sweet:

I love how each floor is so unique from the exterior and yet the entire building is cohesive.

Great interior details. And I love the window decoration on the 3rd floor.

Very nice structure 'brickcitydepot', I like the detailing inside - lots of small apartments...where are the bathrooms eh ? :wink:

What is the shop down stairs selling....power crystals....no, I guess Jewellery ? :wink:

Excellent work and Brick On 'brickcitydepot' ! :classic:

Wow!!!

Excellent, I love the roof, the windows on second floor, the "chain holders" on the sidewalk, the lamps and 5.1 on third floor and this is just peanuts in comparison to the overall look of the building!!!

Brilliantly done and very inspiring, when I get older I want to be able to build jus t like this.... I think I have more chances to get rich and buy you the instructions and the parts to go along... :classic:

Tank you very much for sharing!

I love it! The level of detailing is superb, and the interiors are very clean and well considered. I also give you tons of credit for making instructions for all your builds - surely a daunting task. Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

This is wonderful!

The only thing - and I mean the only thing - I could dream of changing here would be the roof of that tower - there's something slightly off with it.

But apart from that, I absolutely love this building. Being a great fan of your previous models, having bought instructions for - and built - both your brownstone and your Chilis restaurant, I can guarantee that this one is also going to end up on my shelf sooner or later. And I particularly appreciate the inclusion of stairs, which I think adds a lot of realism to a building. Great job, keep it up - I'll be a regular customer in the future :)

I like this one a lot, I saw it over on MOCPages, I just fear the price tag with all the bricks! lol

Would make a great building for a structure fire.

Absolutely stunning. I know the original building well, being bron in Amsterdam myself. You did a magnificent effort on creating such a simmular looking building. I must give yoy the highest credit for this. Love it all the way, inside and out.

Hope to see more soon.

Great work again! Absolutely stunning.

And good job on those typical small street poles. That really adds to the reality and recogizabilty of the location of the building.

What a great corner modular MOC you have done Brickcitydepot!

I really like the fact that each floors have a different style, but with some common clours that make them go very well together.

You really capture some nice details from the original construction.

The details inside are also very good too (with the tilt yellow bed! :tongue:

Are the string used to make the angle section from the ground floor more strudy? It's an uncommon idea, but very ingenious!

I like also the black plots on the sidewalk, they give an old downtown feeling.

The only minor things I will have made different (I like to give my opinion in that way, and I like to have some same from my moc) is the grey roof. Like with the real building, I will have made it more pointed and slim.

Great piece of work here!