Sign in to follow this  
K.Kreations

K'ourghen

Nestled in the mountains of Mitgardia lies K'ourghen, stronghold of the Avalonian's. Built when the guilds were still young K'oughen has become a critical part of good relations between Mitgardia and Avalonia. The outer wall was literally carved from the surrounding stone earning itself the name K'oughen, wich in old dwarvish means "Sharp Stone". Lord Branhar of Avalonia has been in charge of the embassy for many years. In this time many friendships have been made. Apart from trade K'oughen is a safe haven for the Mitgardians who reside in the small mountain villages around K'ourghen. Many a time the people have come for protection from attacking orc tribes or blizzards. The main gate is carved from solid oak and can survive almost any blow. While building K'ourghen a small door was also set in the left side of the outer wall. It has been used to send and receive messages in times of an attack.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

6786504535_bf176e343c_z.jpg

K'ourghen, Avalonian Embassy by K.Kreations, on Flickr

6786553713_7c51420da0_z.jpg

Top by K.Kreations, on Flickr

6786556489_5e81799e41_z.jpg

Side Wall by K.Kreations, on Flickr

Lord Branhar is just returning from a diplomatic meeting with the dwarf lords of the nearby mines. Although some of his men are missing.

Now that my Embassy is done I can start doing builds for Kydenon. I have some very fun builds planned and a great back story for them. So stay tuned!

Just fantastic. The timber work and tiled emblem are subdued colours and yet they still manage to jump out and make this build come alive. The detailing on the rock wall is really nice too. A great embassy.

Excellent work, a very unique looking embassy! I like the design here, the wood and stone sections look great and I like how you have the flags of Mitgardia but in the Dark Green of Avalonia, this is a nice subtle effect. A strong original entry :thumbup:

looks like some one found some highlanders! Really like their shields

I like the roof and the little mosaic of cheese slopes is something I need to try myself

no doubt, if I had to chose a faction to ally with it would be Avalonia, I like the decoration above the door with the dragons and the rugged stone around the building

Very sturdy looking building! I really love how you made the roof, especially the details with the mosaic and the dragons. Great entry !

Thanks for the great comments guys. I have to say that I was very pleased wit how this turned out and I can tell that I am getting tons better since I started MOCing in September.

@Derfel Cadarn, I'm glad that my embassy is origional. I was hoping to make an embassy that wasn't to far fetched but yet still had somewhat of an Avalonian feel. I am glad you liked the dark green flag. I decided this would create a more mixed Mitgardia and Avalonian feel.

@Mikey B. Yes I did indeed find some highlanders, and I have more since then. I do hope you try some cheese slope mosaics. They are a blast to do.

Edited by K.Kreations

This is so nice! Well done! I like the path up to the building aswell as the rockformation on the side of the path! The whole scene breaths Mithgardia coldness!

Great work!

This is Great! It is very original. It indeed looks like it is carved out of the rock. The roof is completely different than the norm, and looks quite dwarvish. I really like the landscape too, with the small fissure of 1x1 rounds. The "attic" looks great too. Great job!

Edit: I love the smoke coming out of the chimney too. :thumbup:

Edited by rogueang

I've already appreciated it on Flickr, but now I will enunciate it loud and clear: excellent work, I can feel a Avalonian touch though its essentially a Mitgardian building! You made an excellent work in the facade and the Mitgardian land depicting is very nice!

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

DeGothia: Thank you, I'm glad it fits into Mitgardia.

Kayne: I'm glad! Hopefully I can make it into the top five for Avalonia.

rogueang: Thanks! I'm glad it looks dwarvish as I intended.

Cij Daoke: Thanks so much. Those are very kind words from an excellent builder.

Ecclesiastes: I'm glad it looks good. You're Embassy is amazing!

Very solid looking embassy, K.Kreations! :classic: The detailing on the front of the roof is great, and i love the winding path and rock wall leading to the gate. :thumbup: I am wondering though about the front gate - is there enough room between it and the door of the embassy for it to open? It looks like the space is only 5 studs deep, but the gate is 6 studs across... :look:

Absolutely lovely MOC.

As everyone has said - it looks strong and sturdy. A nice safe harbour if necessary.

Also props to the poor soul that has to shovel all that snow off the building :wink:

Great MOC, man!

I was also going to try to plant an Avalonian flag in Mitgardia, but sadly I waited too long to get inspired, and didn't have enough parts/BL'ing time to get it done by the deadline.

Glad to see you and Derfel have represented our proud guild well in the distinguished, yet treacherous lands of the North!

Nice work, I like the colors used.

I will have to try the top of the wall with the round pieces, gives a good feel and look to the whole structure, and also I like the rock formations very firm built on a rocky base.

Greetings. :classic: