getdamonkey

MOC: Heroica - Mons Dolor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This was a build for the community window at the Woodfield Mall LEGO Store. It was completed about 30 minutes before I had to leave for the store so I needed to rely on the community window to be my lightbox. Here's to better picture in March when I get it back. Enjoy.

6799546793_357a1cc4b2_z.jpg

6799549575_bcffb201c0_z.jpg

6799572691_fa9fc71e8f_z.jpg

Mons Dolor on Flickr

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Awesome. :thumbup: I can't see LEGO releasing this - it's just too huge. Not that it's a bad thing, I for one would be very glad to have this as a centerpiece of a Heroica layout. Great use of other microfigs as enemies, as well as the additions to the ornamental dragon head.

What a cool design. It looks like a good MOC, and what's more, it looks like it would be a ton of fun to play on! :thumbup:

Great use of other microfigs as enemies, as well as the additions to the ornamental dragon head.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see skeletons in the next run of Heroica sets this year. They're running out of monster fodder.

This looks fantastic!! I would definitely buy it. You should submit it to CUUSOO! I'd vote for it. It's a great design and I really wish LEGO would do more multi-level Heroica expansions.

This is an exceptional Heroica MOC! My only complaint is the amount of 'boss' monsters, there is just too many all over the board. :sick: I also have a question: Does the top come off, so you have an inside dungeon?

Edited by krystalKING

This is an exceptional Heroica MOC! My only complaint is the amount of 'boss' monsters, there is just too many all over the board. :sick: I also have a question: Does the top come off, so you have an inside dungeon?

Thanks. The display was built for the community window at the LEGO store in Woodfield Mall. Since it was being put out there for public consumption, I was more concerned with having a good variety of baddies than any sort of play balance.

As for an interior, the right side of the mountain does lift off to show an interior cave. You can see the door towards the bottom.

There aren't enough Heroica MOCs around here, and this may be the best. Great work! :thumbup:

Dude, this is EPIC. Man, I'd love to have one of those...

Will you play a round or two of the game on that once you get it back from the store?

Dude, this is EPIC. Man, I'd love to have one of those...

Will you play a round or two of the game on that once you get it back from the store?

I'm sure I will eventually. It probably needs to be refined a bit before it's ready for prime time. This is primarily so that the paths balance out in terms of length and difficulty but there's still some work to do on the cave portion (it's not pictured and that's why).

It will be part of my Brickworld layout. As a result, it should see some play there.

That's cool :thumbup: . Thanks for posting the link to that flickr pool with Heroica pictures. I had no idea there were that many Heroica MOC's. It's great to se people expanding upon the existing games.