devinebc

Colonial Breastwork

:wub_drool: Love it! I also like building this kind of realistic fort, although my scale (which is the "hopefully buyable" scale) doesn't let me go into so much detail or accuracy. Do you have other modules built? I'd love to see them.

I also have an example of a breach with chevaux de frise and gabions but I haven't figured a good way to post files on forum. I used up my "quota" with this one image. Any idea?

Instead of using your EB storage, you should upload your pics to a site like Brickshelf (currently down) or Flickr and then deeplink them. :pir-sweet:

I look forward to seeing them. Any plants to make a full, say pentagonal fortress? That'd be quite cool in this style.

That is a nice design. The ramparts and stakes does deter my cavalry a bit. Hope you could upload more pictures and show us an expansion of these forts.

That's very nice and original. Are you going to build this in real?

Shouldn't the cannon platforms be a bit bigger though? There's often a considerable reversive power..

That's very nice and original. Are you going to build this in real?

Shouldn't the cannon platforms be a bit bigger though? There's often a considerable reversive power..

Cannon platforms should be bigger. I think typically cannons were placed on earth platforms not wood decks too so that will be the next improvement. I am going to build at least one redoubt in the brick.

Edited by devinebc

This is really well done. I love the ECW and 30 Years War time period and this would make for some great battles like Breda or other sieges.

I like breastworks :pir_laugh2:

It is indeed very different from other pirate fortresses around, still, I prefer the more romantic idea of pirates :pir-classic:

This is a fresh new take on piratical defence, nice job!

Some people build yellow and white fairy tail pirate fortresses.

I disagree with that statement, as a lot of colonial forts did have those colours.

Here's a reference image:

40061232.SpanishFortress.jpg

This is a non plastered one, though it also may have disappeared.

There were also plastered forts, other colours like earth tones and such were also used.