BrickBox

LDD file for my fire engine MOC

Edit: I decided to upload in this topic any LDD file of fire related MOCs I make. I'm doing those files primarily for myself since I'm not able to keep my MOCs around for a long time and would like to rebuild them in the future. So why not share those files with everyone interested, I guess there are some people out there who will find it useful.

Also, everyone who decides to play around with these files, feel free to post your suggestions and improvements to the original models in this thread. It would be most welcome!

6883065951_e6fbeebc39_m.jpg Rescue Pump (see EB Thread here): download lxf

6883065467_cb58b9428b_m.jpg Turntable Ladder (see EB Thread here): download lxf

7479603926_29455dd439_n.jpg Heavy Rescue (see EB Thread here): download lxf

Original Post:

Since I made a LDD model for my latest MOC anyway, I thought I would share it with you here on the LDD forum, so anyone interested could check out how I built it. You can find the original topic about the MOC here.

It's the model of a german fire engine, a rescue pump (or 'Hilfeleistungslöschfahrzeug' in german), with quite some equipment stored inside (not all of it is part of the LDD model). I've also made some slight modifications to the front that differ from the verson I already posted here on EB.

Edited by BrickBox

There are a lot of nice details of this German Fire Engine in the 45 pictures on your Flickr photoset. I lived in Berlin, Germany for 3 years and occasionally saw these MAN trucks roaring by. Nice MOC -- thanks for sharing the LDD file! :classic:

6789433295_fc91dc5039_z.jpg6777243651_b851233142_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

You're welcome, I'm glad someone finds it useful :classic: . I've also lived in Berlin when I was very little (6 years old), living at the sixth floor. I watched the fire trucks going down the road near our building every day. Everytime I heard the sound of a siren, I ran to the windows as fast as I could :laugh:

Edited by BrickBox

Those are all really cool! I love how much storage space you have in the compartments.

I'm a firefighter/ paramedic myself in the USA.

Those are all really cool! I love how much storage space you have in the compartments.

I'm a firefighter/ paramedic myself in the USA.

Thanks! I've put a lot of emphasis on the compartements and the equipment stored inside them with all of the vehicles so far. I guess it became some kind of obsession for me :laugh: I don't like it when details like doors or compartements on a model are only non functional mockups.

Thanks! I've put a lot of emphasis on the compartements and the equipment stored inside them with all of the vehicles so far. I guess it became some kind of obsession for me :laugh: I don't like it when details like doors or compartements on a model are only non functional mockups.

Yeah I understand what you mean, the doors on mine may or may not function, but a lot of other fire truck builders do a great job adding in the small details.

@ scottwb2010: You need to install LDD Manager to create a Parts List from Brickbox's LDD .lxf file above. Try it -- you'll like it! :classic:

How do you get a parts list for it?

@ scottwb2010: You need to install LDD Manager to create a Parts List from Brickbox's LDD .lxf file above. Try it -- you'll like it! :classic:

If you auto generate the instructions with LDD and then save it as HTML, you will also get a parts list at the last page.

If you auto generate the instructions with LDD and then save it as HTML, you will also get a parts list at the last page.

Cheers for this BrickBox. I had downloaded it as an HMTL but hadn't gone right through to the end. You've just saved me a lot of work going through the instructions counting.

Sorry for bumping, just wanted to say that I'm planning to upload any LDD files I have in this thread from now on. I just added the lxf for the turntable ladder (see first post for link):

6883065467_cb58b9428b_t.jpg

I added the LDD file for a new MOC, the heavy rescue:

7479603926_29455dd439_m.jpg

Download link can be found in the first post.