Sign in to follow this  
Steinkopf

MOC: De4/4 Gepacktriebwagen

Hello everyone

Over the past 4 years I have been working on stock for my freelance railway the LBB (Legodtenstein Bundes Bahn), the De4/4 Gepacktriebwagen is the latest addition to my fleet. The design of this vehicle which is a cross between a locomotive and baggage car was inspired by a number of vehicles built for various railways in Switzerland where this type of motive power is very popular on regional passenger trains. The main inspiration is from the Fe4/4 motor baggage cars built for the SBB in Switzerland between 1927 till 1928, later on these locomotives had their designation changed to De4/4, some of them were modified in the 1960s with more modern carbodies whilst others remained in their original form, the class proved to be very versatile and robust providing 60 years of service before they were retired. Attached are some photos and here is a link to more LBB De4/4 Gepacktriebwagen .

post-25035-132800178467.jpg

post-25035-132800182423.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Very nice work 'Steinkopf'. Great color choice and great job on the details, the pantographs are great! Keep up the fine work and welcome to EB default_classic.gif

AWESOME design there 'Steinkopf' :thumbup: , but you could also deep link the images. :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

Thanks LT

I haven't yet grasped the nuances of posting images on Eurobricks so I will have get a grasp of deep linking over time, I have been active on Flickr for a longtime and have pretty much kept my posting there until now.

Edited by Steinkopf

Welcome to Eurobricks, Steinkopf!

Very nice rendition of the De 4/4. Great details everywhere. I couldn't do that (Main reason I didn't try my hand at a RBe 4/4).

Show us some of your other great LBB creations!

Say, you mainly build Swiss prototypes?

If you need help about signage, just ask me.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Steinkopf!

Very nice rendition of the De 4/4. Great details everywhere. I couldn't do that (Main reason I didn't try my hand at a RBe 4/4).

Show us some of your other great LBB creations!

Say, you mainly build Swiss prototypes?

If you need help about signage, just ask me.

Hello ZuheriHB

Thanks for the comments and offer of help with signage etc, I made need to take up your offer later on down the track (pun intended :sweet: ).

With the LBB it is the state owned railway of the fictional nation of Legodtenstein, I am using a bit of creative license and alternate history where Legodtenstein is created as a breakaway nation from the Austro-Hungarian Empire during the Austro Prussian War. Legodtenstein is a neutral country that is located on the coast somewhere around North East Italy and Slovenia, given it's close proximity to Switzerland and Austria the railway is heavily inspired by Swiss and Austrian designs and practices. I will be putting more photos up over time as I don't want to flood the forum with my posts.

Edited by Steinkopf