Oky

Winter Village: Winter Wonderland

indexed.gif B-OV-22C

Welcome to the village's Winter Wonderland! It's a candy-themed place in the center of the village that the villagers set up for everyone to visit! The air is filled with scents of gingerbread, mint, and chocolate, and holiday spirit is all around!

6788138443_64a8ba78b8_z.jpg

This is where parents can take their children to meet Santa! Here you can see them standing in line, bursting from excitement! Santa's elf helpers are standing by and making sure that everything is in order.

6788138467_ccf033bf50_z.jpg

While their parents wait, they can sit on a nearby bench and purchase a tasty cup of hot chocolate!

6788138481_c9da859cbf_z.jpg

The whole thing is set in front of a giant gingerbread house!

6788138509_6b76e217db_z.jpg

This set includes 10 minifigs: Two adults, the hot chocolate vendor, three children, Santa, two of his elfs, and a gingerbread man.

6788138523_9097a39d35_z.jpg

Click here to see a close-up of the decorations.

It was kinda odd building such a holiday themed MOC in January, but still fun. I tried to keep the set small. I don't know how many pieces were used, but it should be around the same as the official Winter Village sets since it consists of the same components: a two-story main building and two or three smaller parts. Please let me know if you think I should change anything. Merry Christ... Oh wait, that's already over. :tongue:

Sweet entry Oky :wink:

I never thought that the Lollipop factory made Snail Shell Lollipops :sick::laugh:

Those Elves look at little to big, maybe they're imposters!

PS.

You forgot to include the Hot Chocolate worker in the minifig section :classic:

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Hehe, I see what you did there. :grin:

Of course they do! They have the best salt water taste! :laugh:

Unfortunately I don't have the printed lollipop from the Honeydukes set, so I had to improvise. :wink:

And you're right about the elves... They don't have pointy ears either... I hope the kids wont notice. :look:

Thanks, fixed.

I haven't seen most of the other entries, but it's about time someone included a grotto. Very nice work on the main building, it looks very 80s Town!

That's a sweet MOC, Oky. My favourite is definitively the red cup above the stand. :blush: The gingerbread house is missing some colourfull candies, I wonder who ate them? :grin:

Great creation 'Oky', that hot chocolate stand is the best part of it all.....that's one big cup of hot chocolate. :laugh:

Brick On in the snow ! :classic:

This is great, Oky! You never disappoint! Is there anything inside the house? :look: Nice use of the Gary's shell. (Spongebob must be so upset.)

Very nice! Looks like a place kids would enjoy going to see Santa.

My favorite part is the hot chocolate stand, very clever. Oh, just noticed, the front of the hot chocolate stand is the upstairs window from the Winter VIllage Toy Shop. Very good use.

Good luck with the contest.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Nice build. I like the gingerbread house the best. And the ropes to section off Santa is a nice touch.

Good luck with the contest. The end is near!

Thanks, everyone! :classic:

This is great, Oky! You never disappoint! Is there anything inside the house? :look:

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you this time: There is no interior. It's a gingerbread house after all. :wink:

The gingerbread house is missing some colourfull candies, I wonder who ate them? :grin:

Why are you looking at me? :innocent2: