wokajablocka

Sydney Brick Show

Wish i was there! :cry_sad: Ah well, maybe next year... have fun everyone and post lots of pics! :classic::thumbup:

You and me both, yes next year for sure.

Just ot home from my first LEGO convention and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We loved the many displays, they were very inspirational. I even managed to score free LEGO after getting a trivia question right and getting drawn out for the brick build! The talk by Ryan was engaging, Id like to hear him talk about colours and quality control at LEGO! Congrats to the organisers, well done and I am already looking to having a display next year perhaps. Still can't believe tha the Star Wars set went for $1000 and the Hulk Minifig for $200+ at the auction.

MM

haha.. actually I am Chinese.. so you guys may really easy to notice who I am.. :D

Are you kidding? No shortage of asian looking people in Sydney!!

Still can't believe tha the Star Wars set went for $1000 and the Hulk Minifig for $200+ at the auction.

Yeah, me too. I did a bit at $700, but that was it for me!

I think people got behind the whole charity aspect for the kid's hospital so that is great!!

Thanks for coming guys, we appreciate it!!

Dr Rod - Sydbricks Committee

Just checking out Siegfried's pics... Great work guys! Really impressive stuff!

What SW set was it?

Are you kidding? No shortage of asian looking people in Sydney!!

haha. yes.. there are Asians everywhere in Sydney...

I will wear an Arsenal jersey - with number: 12, name: Nancy (my wife's name)... then you'll know there's me .....

See you guys tomorrow!

Edited by bright22

It was great to chat with most of you on the Saturday, next year I will definitely have something ready to go, maybe with some help from Taz and gabe too :wink:

At the event right now :tongue: snagging the PHM's free wifi. Loving it so far, the giant Hogwarts is my favorite display by far!

I went on Saturday and again last night for the evening event.

There were so many great models of all sorts of themes, big thumbs up to the builders and to the organisers for a great event.

I cant believe my wife got randomly chosen to build a little 20 minute MOC with the little red brick box of 50 bricks LOL.

She still doesnt know exactly what it was she built, she desctibed it as a multi coloured space plane boat hahaha

I went yesterday and it was great!

I saw your Darth Maul mosaic and it looked awesome in real life :wink:

Hope eveyone who went had fun :sweet:

Thanks man, I was a little surprised with so many people loving my displays. The kids loved the minifig display stand that I will post pics of soon. Its a shame I didn't realise who you where and we didn't get time to chat.

Thanks to all the guys from SydLug that organised such a wonderful and successful event, I had a great time and look forward to next years event, bigger and better!