wokajablocka

Sydney Brick Show

Has anyone seen that they are going to hold a Lego convention in Sydney 2-3 June 2012 at the Powerhouse museum.

Check out the web site for more details, but information is limited. There is talk of having a special event on the Saturday night where all proceeds are going to Westmead Children’s Hospital.

There is the link to the site.

This is very exiting to Sydney residents and anyone who can make it to Sydney to the event.

Edit: changed wrong date, thanks Lord :wink:

Edited by wokajablocka
Changed topic title from: Sydeny Brick Show Finally a convention for Sydeny siders.

Yes SYDLug is working towards putting on a massive show at the Powerhouse Museum June 2 and 3, with a evening event as well. Hope to see as many Aussie fans of LEGO there as possible.

More information as we get it!

Is anyone going to disply anythig? Im thinking to trying to get a stand, even to showcase some UCS Star Wars sets if I haven't any MOC's to display.

Yes SYDLug is working towards putting on a massive show at the Powerhouse Museum June 2 and 3, with a evening event as well. Hope to see as many Aussie fans of LEGO there as possible.

More information as we get it!

I hate to be picky, but the Sydney Brick Show is being organised by SydBricks in conjunction with the Powerhouse Museum. It just happens that all of the people in SydBricks are all SydLUG members :-)

Cheers,

J.P.

J.P. Manalo

And your point is ?

Please explain to us mere mortals.

We are keeping SydLUG from being associated with the event for various reasons and not all SydLUG members are on the organising committee.

Having said that, I expect most SydLUG members will be exhibiting.

We hope to have registrations open within the month.

Dr Rod

Is anyone going to disply anythig? Im thinking to trying to get a stand, even to showcase some UCS Star Wars sets if I haven't any MOC's to display.

There is most likely going to be a Star Wars display area, I am not a display coordinator though. Keep an eye on the website and this thread.

Dr Rod

Thanks for the information, but I believe it's on the 2nd and 3rd :wink:

I'm flying up there on the 3rd (so it won't be as busy as the 2nd) since I live in Central Victoria :classic:

I would recommend making it for the evening AFOL event, skip the crowds, play some games, listen to some talks...

Stay tuned...

Dr Rod

I hate to be picky, but the Sydney Brick Show is being organised by SydBricks in conjunction with the Powerhouse Museum. It just happens that all of the people in SydBricks are all SydLUG members :-)

Cheers,

J.P.

No probs mate, now I know what the P stands for :laugh:

I will be displaying a displaying a few Sydney Buildings - one of them nearly 2m tall in Minifig scale. I will also be displaying a train layout with an RC dock.

Tim

There is most likely going to be a Star Wars display area, I am not a display coordinator though. Keep an eye on the website and this thread.

Dr Rod

I have contacted the organisers through the web site and they got back to me asking me what I wanted to display and the size I would need for it. I have replied and still waiting for the response.

I was asking about prices for the stands but the are still to be advised. I will post when I know.

I have contacted the organisers through the web site and they got back to me asking me what I wanted to display and the size I would need for it. I have replied and still waiting for the response.

I was asking about prices for the stands but the are still to be advised. I will post when I know.

I don't think there will be "prices per stand" as such, if you want to exhibit you will need to register for the event and this cost has not been finalised. Registration details are planned to be finalised this month (Feb).

Dr Rod

You can put me down for wanting to exhibit as well!! Not sure what area size I'll need yet, but I've got heaps of figs to display ;)

MMCB

Here is the reply I received back from Tim Gallagher and this is what the email read:

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for your interest. We are excited by how many people are

looking forward to the event and thinking about displaying. We are

currently organising the pricing and the sort of space that will be

available. Show registrations will start in March, but we hope to have

some great announcements before then.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions, I can then put your name

down with the guys organising the displays.

1. How old are you (under 12, teenager, adult) - we need to know which

age category.

2. Type of display you are interested in showing

3. Do you have any photo's online we can see of the type of stuff you

want to build?

4. What sort of size are you interested in building.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Regards,

Tim Gallagher

I have replied but still waiting on a answer though.

Here is the reply I received back from Tim Gallagher and this is what the email read:

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for your interest. We are excited by how many people are

looking forward to the event and thinking about displaying. We are

currently organising the pricing and the sort of space that will be

available. Show registrations will start in March, but we hope to have

some great announcements before then.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions, I can then put your name

down with the guys organising the displays.

1. How old are you (under 12, teenager, adult) - we need to know which

age category.

2. Type of display you are interested in showing

3. Do you have any photo's online we can see of the type of stuff you

want to build?

4. What sort of size are you interested in building.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Regards,

Tim Gallagher

I have replied but still waiting on a answer though.

Hi Warick,

Registrations will be opening for the Sydney Brick Show in March!

We are finalising the maximum size of displays, rules and criteria for exhibits and hope to have information available for everyone very soon.

There will be age categories, thus the question on your age was asked.

Multiple requests are coming in everyday and we are trying to get through them as quickly as we can. I work 6 days per week (not connected to the internet), so it is tough to keep up with all the emails coming in.

Regards,

Tim

Registrations for the Sydney Brick Show are OPEN!!!!

Limited tickets to the Exclusive Evening Event on Saturday the 2nd June are now on sale as well (Only on the Sydney Brick Show website)!

See the Sydney Brick Show website for more information!

Cheers,

Tim

Hi, I am going to the Saturday night event next week. Just asking what I am to expect, I know there will be some exhibits and a talk by Ryan McNaught.

how many usually attend, what LEGO if any will be available to purchase, how long does the night go for?

I'm pretty new to EB and the AFOL community.

Thanks

-MM

Minifig Matt

I am going to it too. I really have no idea what to expect.

I am hoping to score some good sets and pieces some good contacts and some new friends.

I have entered the " dirty brickster" game hope to get some insight into Lego fron Ryan McNaught maybe bid on something and have a good time.

Found out that on Macquarie street there are 10 Lego artworks to see so we will have to have a walk along there.

Hope to meet some people from the forum.

Cu there

Brett

I'm mostly ready!

526978_2200727555936_1779744461_1029990_1093062706_n.jpg

yeah!!!! are you guys ready?!

I hope I will see you guys on Sunday afternoon... haha.. actually I am Chinese.. so you guys may really easy to notice who I am.. :D

Edited by bright22

yeah!!!! are you guys ready?!

I hope I will see you guys on Sunday afternoon... haha.. actually I am Chinese.. so you guys may really easy to notice who I am.. :D

If you drop in, come and say hello. I have a Classic Space Dr Rod badge, thanks to Rob from BrickInk :)

Dr Rod

Wish i was there! :cry_sad: Ah well, maybe next year... have fun everyone and post lots of pics! :classic::thumbup: