Sign in to follow this  
Horsleben

UCS Millenium Falcon MOC

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi there!

First post here, since i only recently found these forums.. I have followed FBTB for some years, but its been kinda dead in their forums for some time..

My first post here is to show of my own build of Han Solos iconic ship, the Millenium Falcon.. I have longed for the original set for a long time, but never had the money, and especially not after it went OOP.. So i decided to dig out my old lego, do some research and try using bricklink for the first time.. The result you can see below..

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

I borrowed a lot of the tecniques from the original set, but nonetheless, im pretty proud of it.. I know its a bit to short, and some of the colors are a bit off, but i had to do with the bricks i had, and only made a 30$ order at bricklink..

detail pictures:

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Front and back - no trans-lightblue bricks for engines is one of the things i would like to redo..

IMG_0029.jpg

Han is still yellow :(

IMG_0030.jpg

mandibles

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Hull details

Please let me know what you think, and thanks for watching..

PS - I know the pics arent the greatest, but was in a hurry to take them before i moved to a new flat..

- Jon

First off welcome.. This is not bad for your own MOC. I see a few things that could use some work ( changes ) IMO. Did you go by the intructions from the UCS or build on your own? :thumbup::classic:

You deserve the respect of everyone in this forum just for the time and effort you put into this. Awesomeness equals size in this case . Onto helpful comments , I think you should change the blue turbo/thruster/nitro/idontknowwhattheycallit thing , you can make something much better judging from the rest of the moc . Anyway , the flaw is trivial , and apart from that , the moc is outstanding . Keep up the good work Horsleben !

You deserve the respect of everyone in this forum just for the time and effort you put into this. Awesomeness equals size in this case . Onto helpful comments , I think you should change the blue turbo/thruster/nitro/idontknowwhattheycallit thing , you can make something much better judging from the rest of the moc . Anyway , the flaw is trivial , and apart from that , the moc is outstanding . Keep up the good work Horsleben !

Thanks alot mate! it was quite a daunting project, but im rather happy with the result, especially when i take into account the building time and cost (2 weeks/30$) By the blue turbo, do you mean the engine glow on the backside?

First off welcome.. This is not bad for your own MOC. I see a few things that could use some work ( changes ) IMO. Did you go by the intructions from the UCS or build on your own?

Thanks mate.. Please tell me which things need reworking, if you like :) And i took alot of inspiration from the instructions of the UCS, but the only thing which is "by-the-book" is the exterior of the cockpit :)

- Jon

That is an excellent falcon! :thumbup: I can see the heavy influence of the "original" UCS and you have made some inspired alterations where you didn't have the "correct" bricks. This must have been a very interesting process - do you have any pics from your building phase?

That is an excellent falcon! :thumbup: I can see the heavy influence of the "original" UCS and you have made some inspired alterations where you didn't have the "correct" bricks. This must have been a very interesting process - do you have any pics from your building phase?

The more i look it's outstanding from how you built it.. I agree do you have any progress pics?

This is very nice! The only major issue I see is the dark bley mixed with old dark gray. I would try to fix that.

This is very nice! The only major issue I see is the dark bley mixed with old dark gray. I would try to fix that.

I wouldn't change that, it gives the ship more of a scarred, patched together vibe.

I wouldn't change that, it gives the ship more of a scarred, patched together vibe.

i agree with you.. It was one of the choices i made building it.. Partly it was a economic choice, but in the end, i rather like the result :)

I have taken some pictures when i disassembled it during transport (its too darn heavy and fragile, to be transported!) but they show some of the tecniques i have used (and the multitude of colours!)

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Various shots of the inside.. The core is rather solid, but once the plating is on, its basicly impossible to move..

IMG_0038.jpg

plates taken off..

But once again, many thanks for all your comments and critics..

- Jon

Very nice the UCS Falcon is a great build, how much you end up spending on it?

Thanks alot! I only ended up spending around 30$ on parts on bricklink.. I have a lot of bricks from my early teens (2003-2005) where i bought virtually every SW-set..

So overall, a rather cheap MOC :)

- Jon

Very nice Moc and to only spend $30 on bricks is awesome, the only thing I would change is I would do trans blue bricks in the back were the thrusters are.