robuko

Preparing for the Abyssan Kaliphlin Embassy party

6779856473_64dea08b77_b.jpg

The Kaliphlin Embassy of course has a very open employment policy. However, the self-styled Duc LeStrange will only allow orcs to work in the kitchen, as he holds himself to be a first-class gourmand who will settle for nothing but the most exquisite flavours.

Here we see the head chef Anatole and his sous-chef Marie preparing a few amuse-bouches for the upcoming party, while Jean the head butler checks that the wines are not corked not poisoned. The game rack is well-stocked, and the guests can look forward to a very wide selection of local delicacies, from bugbear fricasse to good old fashioned rat-on-a-stick. The bouillabaisse promises a snappy flavour, but the pickled ostrich brains are probably best left to the more adventurous or drunk reveller.

We look forward to seeing you on Valentine`s Day!

Oh this is just wonderfully detailed! I was genuinely almost in tears giggling at the shark and ostrich heads and the assortment of goods cooking on the rotisserie - the owl in particular appears most displeased with its present predicament ;-). Seriously though, love the realistic details such as the crockery on the shelf and the barrels and sink, as well as the light humour you have employed with the huge assortment of cuisine/game. Really nice build :thumbup: and should be a fantastic feast by the looks of it!

I cannot wait to see this feast! I would love to send an Elven emissary if you would welcome one. I love the owl roasting and the owls and parrots hanging form the wall. This is just such a great scene. It just fully embraces the comedic and I love seeing these posts!

Wonderful scene! :thumbup: Good to see that Warren Clarke has found another job after playng DS Dalziel for so long... :wink:

Edited by gabe

Nice kitchen!!!

(out character):

I work in the Horeca as student-job (to gain some money for Lego and partying (and to put some on the bank as well)) and I had to laugh when seeing this picture and reading the text :laugh:

(in character)

My embassador Haarloos asked if there would be some human flesh meat as well? :tongue: (I think he is not the only werewolf asking that).

But if that is esthetically not possible, it's no problem, as due the many adventures in the past, Haarloos learned to eat all different animals as well. And he is already talking non stop about the good grilled owls your chef is so famous for :tongue:

Loving all the details in this, the pots and pans that are a bit skewif is a great touch, I think the table could be tiled with some blood from the croc tale, fire place is great, a light up brick would set it off nicely :thumbup: excellent work.

Good to see that Warren Clarke has found another job after playng DS Dalziel for so long... :wink:

:rofl:

This is a brilliant scene - I love all of the creatures that you've used to great effect!

Lovely scene! So many details that I just love, like the packed shelf in the corner!

And very funny to see some orcs preparing the dinner! :laugh: However, I think I would skipped that dinner, with the rats over the fire!! :laugh:

Thankyou all so much for your kind words. This will be part of the ground floor for my embassy build, I am trying to learn from Sirens-of-Titan and make it a collection of modular vigs. I have to say, I am really enjoying the Nocturnian element of the build and I really hope we can have more challenges in other territories. I feel my technique (or maybe my brick availability) is progressing, for this build I was able to pretty much bolt everything to the floor, which made it much easier to photograph than the Frankenstein Lab or the New Year Feast.

Good to see that Warren Clarke has found another job after playng DS Dalziel for so long... :wink:

gabe, that is so funny! The chef`s personality here is intended to be a blend of P.G. Wodehouse`s Anatole, the gastronomic and highly sensitive chef, and the psychopathic misanthropy of the chef in Gormenghast. Warren Clarke would be the ideal choice!

I think the table could be tiled with some blood from the croc tale, fire place is great, a light up brick would set it off nicely

Thanks very much, the blood tiling is a wonderful idea, I never thought of it - I was seeing it as a kind of smoked or possibly pickled delicacy. Yes, I started with the fireplace, in the plastic the fire looks a lot better, with more colour variegation coming through, it would look much better with a light brick, but I have no skills in setting them up and it would muck up the external wall. I would love it to be like this one (NOT mine), which it kind of is, a little, in real life.

6528208687_7b7e471041_m.jpg.

Damaximus, I used to work as a kitchen porter as a student job too. Tough work! We are not planning to serve human flesh, but I am sure we can find something to your lycanthropic taste

:classic:

Great stuff, Dr Rod (and his lovely assistant of course) are looking forward to the ball. It has been a long time since I had aligator tail.

Oleg,

DrRod

Edited by Dr Rod