WesternOutlaw

Maersk Madness Voting

For most unique and interesting image,  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Maersk Madness picture?

• Astra
    • F0NIX
    • Eiker86
    • Holodoc
    • Kyphur
    • L@go
    • Legobrandon
    • Legomaniac83
    • Mred
    • Nebsirob
    • Quarryman
    • Ralph_S
    • SecondAxe
    • SI-mocs
    • SpokaneSteve
    • Stacker9000
    • StephanSz
    • Vlai23
    • Wondermonkey
    • Woolie

MAERK MADNESS CONTEST ENTRIES

Note: Name appears to the right of each image.

Original entry topic here.

gallery_174_181_33800.jpg Astra gallery_174_181_38271.jpg F0NIX gallery_174_181_15672.jpg Eiker86

gallery_174_181_19912.jpg Holodoc gallery_174_181_6268.jpg Kyphur gallery_174_181_37875.jpg L@go

gallery_174_181_26459.jpg Legobrandon gallery_174_181_11784.jpg Legomanica83 gallery_174_181_8183.jpg Mred

gallery_174_181_44912.jpg Nebsirob gallery_174_181_38600.jpg Quarryman gallery_174_181_35925.jpg Ralph_S

gallery_174_181_12114.jpg SecondAxe gallery_174_181_33570.jpg SI-mocs gallery_174_181_37715.jpg SpokaneSteve

gallery_174_181_18325.jpg Stacker9000 gallery_174_181_14974.jpg StephanSz gallery_174_181_28554.jpg Vlai23

gallery_174_181_40856.jpg Wondermonkey gallery_174_181_6629.jpg Woolie

I had to vote for MrRed...

As someone who's own Maersk Engine was a victim of crime I have to applaud the apprehension depicted in his entry.

Also as someone who in real life has spent the last 3 years to legally immigrate my wife and 2 stepsons I have an appreciation for the system and disdain for those who skirt the system.

First, let me say that all the entries were fantastic. I enjoyed seeing what each of the participants came up with. What a great amount of creativity! :thumbup:

The entries that really stood out for me were Wondermonkey's Beach Scene (I love the sand and ocean), Woolie's Nighttime Shot (outstanding night photography), and Holodoc's Bicycle Engine (an unusually clever perspective). I ended up voting for Wondermonkey's Beach Scene. I'd love to be there right now!

I have to say, that all of the entries are great.

My vote goes to Holodoc, for the glimpse of the Maersk Madness behind the scenes (in this case: the loco-panel).

All the entries are great and we got to thank to Mad Brickster for bringing this fun! :tongue:

I got to vote for Quarryman, why? Because his image reminds me of the exact almost same condition of my Maersk train. :blush:

There are some really great entries, but I had to pick Eicker86. No foot prints in the snow... is there a window above the scene to reach out of? Well done.

I like Woolie's alot too. Great composition.

Maybe I'll make the Brickster MAD by suggesting it, but maybe everyone who submitted an entry should get a tag! :devil_laugh:

I am not normally a follower of the LEGO trains and its community, but this competition was good fun and attracted my interest since I liked the big Maersk cargo ship and subsequently got my eyes on the train.

Well done to all competitors for the amazing scenarios!

IMHO there were a few that stuck out from the rest: Holodoc with a brilliant idea; Quarryman with an original take; Wondermonkey for a great scenario (I never doubted if it was photoshopped or not!); and Woolie for a really good-looking photo of the train in "real life".

The one that got my vote in the end was Vlai23's Mad Tea Party because of its unusual take and very original idea, and it fitted into the "mad" theme very well. Plus the funny look of the train, with its ears and the rabbit teeth and those hillarious eyes; brilliant!

As I said in the topic, I really love woolie's entry.

So no wonder where my vote went. :wink:

Special mention: wondermonkey for another great shot and Vlai for his bunny-train. Nice (mad) idea.

Had to throw my vote in for Vlai23! Love the creativity! It's already been said, but way to go everyone on you entries. Always enjoy the end results of a quickie contest like this.

As I said in the topic, I really love woolie's entry.

So no wonder where my vote went. :wink:

Special mention: wondermonkey for another great shot and Vlai for his bunny-train. Nice (mad) idea.

I agree. Those were my three faves. Not to take away from anyone else that entered. They were all great and creative!

As soon as I receive my missing pieces (hopefully this week), I will complete my Maersk! Too bad it is too late to enter the contest!

Thanks for the wonderful competition :)

I realy like woolie and holodocs entries. The first for making the most amazing photo and the second for the funniest photo.

And the others are great too!

As soon as I receive my missing pieces (hopefully this week), I will complete my Maersk! Too bad it is too late to enter the contest!

Now you should have put your's up on cinder blocks and lamented how only a madman would steal the wheels off a train, I mean they're not even street legal are they...

Such excellent entries everybody.

But I am madely in love with Woolie pic. :wub:

Edit. grammar mistake. :angry:

Edited by Niku

Great contest, Brickster! Very fun and entertaining!

A lot of fantastic entries, Great work guys!

I must say, Wondermonkey and Woolie have beautiful photos because of their location, but I limited my judgeing to creativity with the train itself, so Fonix, Holodoc, and Vlai23 were the frontrunners for me.

And ultimately I chose Fonix's tracked train, because it made me think how cool that would be to see in real life.

But, I would also like to commend Vlai on his very creative idea and clever build and display!

Voted F0NIX. I like the ATT(all terrain train). Pretty simple MOD, but really clever and cool looking. :thumbup:

Maybe I'll make the Brickster MAD by suggesting it, but maybe everyone who submitted an entry should get a tag!

Not at all and while I like the suggestion, if I provide one to everyone, it doesn't mean as much for those that really put a lot of effort into creating a top-notch image. I like to keep the tags "special". I did; however, extend tags to the top three entries.

There will be more contests, esp. based on the success of this one. Again, great entries all and I personally had a lot of fun with this short weekend contest! :thumbup:

There will be more contests, esp. based on the success of this one. Again, great entries all and I personally had a lot of fun with this short weekend contest! :thumbup:

I thought this was a lot of fun both to participate in and watch as it unfolded...

While I've taken photos of the progress on my layout this was the first time a staged a photo on the (very incomplete) layout. The section of track in the pic is actually the Wye in my switching yard. Eventually there will be a level crossing going over the Wye, just not at that exact place. My whole idea was inspired by my newest LEGO Addition, 4308 Off Road Fire Truck which I has just purchased the day the contest was announced.

I look forward to the next chance to get an elusive Train Tag...

Hrmn... the system doesn't want to accept the new version of my avatar image; it says it's uploaded, but keeps reverting back to the old version.

Edit: nevermind. It has to do with the server's cache settings. Fixed.

I look forward to the next chance to get an elusive Train Tag...

The gifs in your sig are mightier than any special tag. I wanted the Metroliner *this* much when I was a kid. Maybe for Christmas this year...

Edited by woolie

Such great entries....

In the end I voted for Wondermonkey's beach scene. It just appealed to me in a visceral way (and makes me want to go on holiday :cry_happy: )