Sign in to follow this  
SalvoBrick

My new train-town layout

Here's my new town layout, with train too :-)

Its size is 4 x 8 baseplates, and there is still some space to add some buildings too.

Here's some "work in progress" photos: as you can see, the layout isn't 100% definitive.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legomane...ity_e200601.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legomane...ity_e200602.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legomane...ity_e200603.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legomane...ity_e200604.jpg

Some of the buildings are the same of the old city, maybe I will replace or update some of them.

Seeya! :-D

What I like in your town is that it is not too big but with good buildings. We find a town center and some individual houses like in the suburb. And the train touch bring it a touch of life... nice work! andt the green background for the floor is well!

Good work!

What I like is that your layout shows that you don't need that much space to set up something decent. I always think I don't have enough space on my tables for everything I want to do. Thanks for reminding me that I have plenty ;-)

You DO need some railroadcrossings or a lot of innocent people will die! All the roads end in track!

or you could just say thats its one-way streets blocking the rails by fences.

You DO need some railroadcrossings or a lot of innocent people will die! All the roads end in track!

Don't worry ;-) everything will be solved with some fences, when the work will be finished :-)

I really like the Coca Cola billboard! Is that an official Lego part? ('cause I could use one :D)

I really like the Coca Cola billboard! Is that an official Lego part? ('cause I could use one :D)

No, it's a self-made sticker :-)

With more vehicules and tree, your town looks more alive, nice!

If his weirdos drive through a railroad crossing they will fall off the table and surely die anyway so who cares :-D

Unless they drive airplanes.

But everyone has to die someday and they're probably not innocent either so if they die fiddlesticks :-D

Btw I like the buildings alot, especially the red/white house!! Very good.

Finished!

[...]

Starting from now there will be some tweakings, but without big changes.

I will add more vehicles and more minifigs, but basically the town is complete.

That is really great, I love it *wub*

I always forget that you don't need massive space to set up something nice and "classic".

Great work *y*

There's so much that's great about your town. I love details like the four-way traffic lights with pedestrian crossing, the road-signs, signs on the buildings, multi-coloured awnings, the food market with it's parking lot and especially the block of buildings with Batman standing on top. That's exactly the look I'm trying to achieve with my own town. I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your ideas!

I saw that your layout showed up in the recent folders and I was wondering what you changed. Then I saw the close-ups. I like how the advent calendar additions blend in :-)