Diggydoes

Flesh coloured Bricks?

I'm wondering if TLG will ever deliver some flesh-coloured Bricks? Or are there actually any out yet that i've maybe missed out?

Or is it one of these "golden rules"(like no military stuff) to not produce those Bricks?

There's no rule against it, there's just no reason to produce them.

There haven't been any sets with any flesh bricks, but sometimes they appear on Bricklink:

3004.jpg

Like other rare colour parts, they usually originates from the model building in LEGOLAND parks.

I'm wondering if TLG will ever deliver some flesh-coloured Bricks? Or are there actually any out yet that i've maybe missed out?

Or is it one of these "golden rules"(like no military stuff) to not produce those Bricks?

Why would it be? It's not like anyone would use them to build life-size models of naked women.

:devil: :devil: :devil_laugh: :devil_laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Could be used in a more "adult oriented" theme, like the modular buildings. Of course, the set would probably be out of stock within days, having such a large quantity of rare-colored bricks.

Why would it be? It's not like anyone would use them to build life-size models of naked women.

:devil: :devil: :devil_laugh: :devil_laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hmm well i thought more of sculptures/busts to create a "real"skintone! But well,yeah you could also build naked women(or men if somebody prefers)! :tongue:

I know that LEGO Certified Professionals can get them for usage in licensed mosaics and statues, but I think they aren't allowed to use them outside their job.

I've got about a dozen flesh-coloured 1x2 bricks. I can tell you where I got them, but then I'll have to come an kill you :devil_laugh:.

Cheers,

Ralph

I´ve got a bunch: Brick 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2 corner, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6 and some plates like 1x1, 1x2.

As mentioned above they´re used in the Legoland parks and by Certified Professionals. Here´s some pics from the web with them:

1484967282_1a7a881046_z.jpg Pig from Legoland

HagAM1.jpg Hagrid shop display

2472509147_cd7553536d.jpg Indiana Jones shop display

Are they available thru LUGBULK?

No. these are only LEGO company or LEGOLand useable bricks. A.K.A. "Q elements"

Except make cool life size models of actual people. Like Wax Museum meets AFOL. :blush:

TLG is very careful about keeping a family friendly image. Easily obtained flesh colored bricks would only lead to countless sculptures of genitalia. Publishers of videogames that feature user generated content are always dealing with this problem.

Yeah, flesh-colored bricks definitely exist-- see here (it's the bag labeled "Colour: 18 NOUGAT").

Probably no. The only time they do a run of specific part in certain color is if you belong to a limited (and very expensive) group that can order in large bulk. Those parts are not allowed for sale in general.

Yeah, flesh-colored bricks definitely exist-- see here (it's the bag labeled "Colour: 18 NOUGAT").

they've had flesh coloured ones from the start - if you're black ;)

The idea of flesh coloured for many people is highly specific, but in reality it's a really broad range depending on who you're appealing to.

Edited by bonox

I guess it would be nice to have flesh bricks for busts and statues/figurines, but I think yellow or tan bricks can be used as substitutes.

TLG is very careful about keeping a family friendly image. Easily obtained flesh colored bricks would only lead to countless sculptures of genitalia. Publishers of videogames that feature user generated content are always dealing with this problem.

But if this was a problem, we would already see countless sculptures of genitalia made of yellow or tan or any other color of bricks.

they've had flesh coloured ones from the start - if you're black ;)

The idea of flesh coloured for many people is highly specific, but in reality it's a really broad range depending on who you're appealing to.

Its pointless to go this way, since we all know what "flesh" color means in the context of LEGO.