Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Bugatti Veyron

indexed.gif V-LV-57A

Hello and today I thought I'd share a Bugatti Veyron model I made a while ago but never got round to photographing. I first got the idea of making a Bugatti when I saw this piece, thinking it would make a great front grille if turned upside-down, which I managed to achieve using a very complicated technique. Anyway, lets see some pics!

6776205277_380ba45fbc.jpg

Here the proud owner poses next to his million dollar masterpiece.

6776231001_042035c0bc_z.jpg

And some more angles and views of the Veyron including the black stripe running through the middle, the leather seating and the upside down grille piece.

I hope you liked my Bugatti Veyron and suggestions for improvement are always welcome! This is the first in a series of minifigure scale cars that I will be posting on Eurobricks, so look out for more coming soon :wink:

Excellent clean lines.....yeah, that's a Bugatti all right ! :grin:

The front and rear designing :wub: , dam excellent work 'TheKingOfBuilding' and Brick On......Drive On too ! :wink:

I like it! My only problem is that bugati couldn't and wont ever produce a drop top Veyron, because then it COULDN'T be the fastest car in the world! :wacko: Great job, regardless!

Speed on!

Dakar

This looks just like the GranSport Convertible, excellent job.

I like your use of black and white wedges. Can you add a white 1x1 to fill to gap in front of the front mudguard or is there no space?

Brick On......Drive On too !

That 'brick on' thing is starting to bug me. :laugh:

I like your Bugatti Veyron the king of building (such a long name :wacko:)it looks just like the real thing :sweet:,why did you not use minifig seats?

Very cool shape, it feels round instead of blocky so mission accomplished :thumbup:

I guess you'd use stickers for the rest of the detail under the headlights?

I think the black windshield makes it look kind of suspicious, I've never met a guy with a tinted front windshield who wasn't a little shady :tongue:

Looking forward to more vehicles, I won't be happy until there are at least as many LEGO vehicles as there are X-Wing MOCs :laugh:

why did you not use minifig seats?

I don't think they'd fit, the backs stick out a little :wacko:

Edited by DrNightmare

Awesome Veyron 'TKOB'! This has great distinguished lines and curves. My suggestion though, would be shorten the front and lengthen the back a couple studs. Still, a sweet ride default_classic.gif

My only problem is that bugati couldn't and wont ever produce a drop top Veyron

They made 20 targa tops default_blink.gif

2010-bugatti-grand-sport--3_460x0w.jpg

^Thank you :tongue:

Great Moc!

I would put some side curves instead of just front and back ones.

Bugatti has different colour schemes but I would put more dark blue maybe on the back

:sweet:

The front is great, but the back needs to be higher. I'd use this and this to bulk it up, and add some engine detailing down the middle.

They made 20 targa tops default_blink.gif

Ooops! :tongue: Seems like eccentricity and the fact that someone always wants a convertible version. I thought that since it seems the Veyron was meant to be the fastest car that could be produced, and a taiga top would be too unsafe for those speeds. Oh well!

Dakar

The front is great, but the back needs to be higher. I'd use this and this to bulk it up, and add some engine detailing down the middle.

Thats a really good suggestion to create the air intake to the quad-turbos and a proper rear. I thought it could use something else back there default_classic.gif

Ooops! :tongue: Seems like eccentricity and the fact that someone always wants a convertible version. I thought that since it seems the Veyron was meant to be the fastest car that could be produced, and a taiga top would be too unsafe for those speeds. Oh well!

Dakar

No worries, it's a tricky production car to follow anyways as they build so few. About the safety... a wreck at 100+, a top or no top probably wont help default_look.gifdefault_classic.gif

Hello and today I thought I'd share a Bugatti Veyron model I made a while ago but never got round to photographing. I first got the idea of making a Bugatti when I saw this piece, thinking it would make a great front grille if turned upside-down, which I managed to achieve using a very complicated technique.

Great, KingOfBuilding! There are some Veyrons at this scale, but I haven't seen any with the grille part used like this so far - you did an awesome job there! (Still, I'd rather omit the 2x1 tile that covers the hinge, if possible.) What I really like as well is that you have kept it as low as possible.

In order to get an impression of the silhouette of the whole thing - would you mind to add another photo with a side view?

Some other points: I suggest doing something about the color design at the sides since this is another typical aspect of a veyron (and doors of course, but that's me :wink:). Regarding the back I agree with Prateek.

Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to many other great minifig scale cars from you!

Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions everyone - I allways like hearing ways I can improve my models!

I like your use of black and white wedges. Can you add a white 1x1 to fill to gap in front of the front mudguard or is there no space?

I could (and would) have added a 1x1 in the gap to fill it up but I cannot find a way to attach it securly. :sad:

This is very nice! How did you do that upside down grille technique?

Ta da:

6782252717_9441168d66.jpg

Thank you, i'll modify the back to include those pieces. I originally planned to build a hard top version of the Veyron but after trying (and failing) to come up with a suitable roof, I just gave up with it and left the Bugatti how it was. :tongue: