Sign in to follow this  
lego envy

[MOC] 7965 FALCON

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I have the 7965 just sitting as is and i wanted to BRIGHTEN it up a bit with some LED work. I also changed around some parts in the back to make it the way i like it..

Enjoy.. :sweet:

before change

6398832713_887cec3aea_z.jpg

after

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

LED time

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

That is some pretty sweet mods to this set, I plan on doing some LED work for a Christmas MOC hopefully it turns out as much of a success as yours.

Thanks everyone.. I had fun doing it. I would like to mod somemore on it soon. :classic::thumbup:

I don't think anyone saw the other stuff i moc'd.. I redid the rear of the ship.If you look at the top pic and then the other 2 see if you can tell..

Edited by lego envy

NICE!!

Do you think it would be possible for UCS falcon?

Marshal banana has already done it: (link here) :wub::wub::wub:

Cool mod Envy! You’ve brightened up this ship very nicely! Makes me want to do the same to mine! Also makes me wonder why Lego doesn’t include these LED’s already in some sets? I know I’d like to see Lego step up their game! :thumbup:

Your falcon looks great! :thumbup:

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but seems fitting enough. As someone who's wholly ignorant of most LEGO Star Wars sets; how does this Falcon set compare to the UCS one. I ask in terms of size. I can see from photos that the UCS obviously has a lot more details, but it's hard to get a sense of scale. Is the UCS drastically larger?

Your falcon looks great! :thumbup:

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but seems fitting enough. As someone who's wholly ignorant of most LEGO Star Wars sets; how does this Falcon set compare to the UCS one. I ask in terms of size. I can see from photos that the UCS obviously has a lot more details, but it's hard to get a sense of scale. Is the UCS drastically larger?

Yes, it is. The UCS looks much smaller on the pictures than in real life.

A great MOD on the ship. I especially like that you added headlights in addition to that great rear engine. I am already seeing the scene with the space slug in my mind.

A great MOD on the ship. I especially like that you added headlights in addition to that great rear engine. I am already seeing the scene with the space slug in my mind.

HA HA, thats would have been cool to add. If i only knew how to photoshop. :thumbup:

I don't think anyone saw the other stuff i moc'd.. I redid the rear of the ship.If you look at the top pic and then the other 2 see if you can tell..

I see you've extended the rear so that the entire back half protrudes as much as the engine area. I rather liked how they remembered to include that detail. :sceptic:

The rear lights are exactly like the original one in the movie! :wub:

I'd say it actually appears too narrow – it should fill up the whole of the aforementioned protruding engine area. Of course, the fact that lego envy has extended that protrusion makes it a bit more difficult to discern that detail, but given that the blue tube barely clears the three flaps in the centre, it should definitely be enlargened.

As someone who's wholly ignorant of most LEGO Star Wars sets; how does this Falcon set compare to the UCS one. I ask in terms of size. I can see from photos that the UCS obviously has a lot more details, but it's hard to get a sense of scale. Is the UCS drastically larger?

7965 is about the same size as 4504, which is in the middle of this picture:

3745068049_365def762e_z.jpg