SwissBrick

My first MoC - Modular Town House

indexed.gif B-RM-5C

Dear all,

here is my first attempt to make a modular building.

As I look at all the great creations I see here, I thought I had to try it as well. Obviously there is a huge gap between my house and some of the amazing MoCs I see around, and it really is of great inspiration, I had to start somehow with something small and not too detailed.

So, I would be more than happy to get some improvement feedback, to hear what you would do differently etc... so I can already improve in my next attempt :classic: :classic:

I also want to thank Badsneaker as his creations definitely made me want to give it a try...

The bricks mostly come from one Fire Brigade set.

And please excuse my really poor photographic skills...

I'll try to make some better pics when I put it together with the classic modulars I have.

Thanks for reading and comments are welcome :classic:

Front view:

6776623179_f9090c5b7e_z.jpg

6776623591_c5f7834e61_z.jpg

6776624041_2a2dfdbb3c_z.jpg

6776623797_2ed7d8a98c_z.jpg

6776625615_76f2ce61f1_z.jpg

The back:

6776623403_c1364b124c_z.jpg

6776625041_f3f2a01b53_z.jpg

6776624231_db84b09ed1_z.jpg

6776625409_c2c67cb893_z.jpg

6776625239_5a3ace75ec_z.jpg

6776624833_04774f47b8_z.jpg

6776624641_060dc3c6fd_z.jpg

6776624437_4bb5595825_z.jpg

Thank you for watching!

post-16940-13277036639.jpg

post-16940-132770367624.jpg

post-16940-132770369769.jpg

post-16940-132770371857.jpg

post-16940-13277037361.jpg

post-16940-132770375715.jpg

post-16940-132770387743.jpg

post-16940-132770392966.jpg

Edited by Phred

Agreeing that large pictures would be lovely, the house looks nice anyways. I wonder if it was made only from FB pieces, or you added extras? It's nicely done. Shortly after building your first modular, you get hooked, so watch out! :laugh:

Agreeing that large pictures would be lovely, the house looks nice anyways. I wonder if it was made only from FB pieces, or you added extras? It's nicely done. Shortly after building your first modular, you get hooked, so watch out! :laugh:

Thank you Redhead1982!

Yes, it was 99.9% made out of FB, besides the white pieces for the balcony. So I still have plenty of pieces remaining to make the interior...

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to upload larger pictures (total size allowed for all pictures is 100KB... I might do something wrong though...)

Cheers from Switzerland default_satisfied.gif

Nicely done, especially considering the limited brick selection you had to choose from. I think the next step should be a pitched roof (assuming you have the parts), that would look much better than the flat one. And the smal jutty (is that the right word?) would be a good starting point for further expansion and to add more decoration to the facade .

Regarding your question about flickr: I just started my own flickr account a few hours ago, do the following to post images in a thread:

* click 'share with others' on top of any of your flickr photos

* select 'hmtl/bbcode' in the drop down menu

* make sure to select the 'bbcode'-radio button on the bottom

* select one of the image sizes from the drop down list, then copy the whole content of the text box

* paste the copied text into your post on the forum, and you will get a nice image with integrated link to you flickr page

Nicely

done, especially considering the limited brick selection you had to choose from. I think the next step should be a pitched roof (assuming you have the parts), that would look much better than the flat one. And the smal jutty (is that the right word?) would be a good starting point for further expansion and to add more decoration to the facade .

Regarding your question about flickr: I just started my own flickr account a few hours ago, do the following to post images in a thread:

* select one of the image sizes from the drop down list, then copy the whole content of the text box

* paste the copied text into your post on the forum, and you will get a nice image with integrated link to you flickr page

THANK YOU BrickBox!!!

As for your comments, you are definitely right, a pitched roof would look much better, maybe with the windows "poping" out of the roof like in the blue building of the Pet Shop.

I don't understand the word "jutty" and google image didn't help, what did you mean by that?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and constructive comment, I'll try.

Cheers,

S

THANK YOU BrickBox!!!

As for your comments, you are definitely right, a pitched roof would look much better, maybe with the windows "poping" out of the roof like in the blue building of the Pet Shop.

I don't understand the word "jutty" and google image didn't help, what did you mean by that?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and constructive comment, I'll try.

Cheers,

S

Glad I could help. With 'jutty' I meant that little balcony popping out of the wall above the front door. You could expand it to something more complex, sort of like what the Green Grocer has.

That's really nice for a first attempt SwissBrick. :thumbup:

I really like the colors and the first two floors, but I would replace the second floor with a pointy roof.

Very nicely done. One of my favourite building colours is dark red. You've appealed to me! :thumbup:

Keep_on_brickin'! (hah! I got around the "I'm a conformist") :tongue:

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

Very nicely done. One of my favourite building colours is dark red. You've appealed to me! :thumbup:

Keep_on_brickin'! (hah! I got around the "I'm a conformist") :tongue:

Locutis

Thank you Locutis!

Dark brown is also my favorite building color... I really love the buildings from Vincent Kessel and Badsneaker, they are the ones who made me try my first MOC...

SwissBrick

That's very good, especially for a first attempt. I like the stairs out front and the window on the first floor, and I don't particularly mind the flat roof. Good luck with the next one - there will probably be one, now that you've been bitten :)

Nicely done, especially considering the limited brick selection you had to choose from. I think the next step should be a pitched roof (assuming you have the parts), that would look much better than the flat one. And the smal jutty (is that the right word?) would be a good starting point for further expansion and to add more decoration to the facade .

Dears,

I tried the "pitched" roof but am not really satisfied with it as I am lacking the higher roof bricks (like in GG and PS)...

but anyway, here it is:

6858062599_14240f47ed_z.jpg

photo (19) par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

6858063113_8123d3eb53_z.jpg

photo (20) par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

with other modulars (I should have done it all dark red and not grey on the 3rd window's side...):

6858064251_cd9f0b55f1_z.jpg

photo (22) par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

6858061277_4c184798e1_z.jpg

photo (26) par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

Anyway, thanks for your constructive comments, it helps to learn..default_classic.gif

This looks much better. I like what you did with the windows above the front door.

The angle of the roof is alright, but I am missing some kind of gutter.

I agree, it's much improved now. I like the new balcony (what I called 'jutty' previously) above the front door, that really makes the front look more interesting. And gutter or not, but I would at least make the left half of the roof stick out by one stud, just like the right half above the balcony. Also, the small white fences on top of the roof are somehow sticking out now, maybe replace them by black ones (but I guess you don't have them in that color)?

It fits in very nicely with the other modulars, I like it :thumbup: .

Very nice effort SwissBrick. Your first attempt is very pleasing. The front looks very good. Whem i first saw your picktures i was a little confused with the lamppost in the back. Loved to see a little garden there. Great choise of colours. Keep on building and having fun doing so.