Mario Pascucci

[Software] BrickUtils - Import and manage LDD and Ldraw files

Hi Mario,

I was trying to use the "Export bricks" -> "HTML List (printable)" function but when I try to export with images I get this error:

"Unable to export bricks

Reason: javax.media.openGLException: SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-7: WindowsWGLContext.createContextImpl ctx !ARB is used, profile > GL 2 request (OpenGL >= 3.0.1). Requested: GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], current: 3.2 (Compat profile, FBO, hardware) - 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context"

Any idea what's this?

Thanks

@agadoijo

I don't know the exact reason. It is outside my code, it is an error related to OpenGL Java library JOGL: https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1150

I tried a workaround, but I can't test if it works. I uploaded a modified version to sourceforge with 0.2.1.1 version number, so try to download again.

It is a minor patch, so users that doesn't experiment same problem don't need any upgrade.

Let me know if this solve the problem.

Thanks for feedback

Mario

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just realized that the error only occurs when I run BrickUtils in Win7. I have a mac with dual boot, I don't get any errors running it on the OSX.

Thanks for the awesome program!

Best regards

After using LDD Manager on a VM for a long time I just found this app, it's awesome!

I currently run it using java -jar brickUtils.jar, do anyone with a Mac or the original developer make a app bundle for Mac OS X? (just for the commodity :P)

Thanks for the app! it's awesome!

ps. is there a feature to import bricklink orders?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just realized that the error only occurs when I run BrickUtils in Win7. I have a mac with dual boot, I don't get any errors running it on the OSX.

Thanks for the awesome program!

Best regards

agadoijo,

I don't get this error running under Win 7 as I just did the same thing. Maybe with the upgrade version this is fixed?

Congrats Mario for writing such a functional program that just does the things that it said it will do. So many other utilities I have downloaded crash or are extremely complicated to set up.

I have just completed at 1500+ part master wanted list from 6 seperate LDD models for our fire station vehicles , I have managed to print a great XML Printable list to pick from our bulk bricks.

Finally have the 'bridge' between LDD and Bricklink that I needed.

Regards

Ben T

What defines mapping between BL parts and LDraw parts? I updated both BL catalog and LDraw library, but there are still missing matches between both catalogs. I can understand that there is a manual operation is needed when part names doesn't match (eg. 62520c01 for BL and 61903.dat), how to do that? And shouldn't this be automatic when both references are the same? (eg. 18939, still unofficial at LDraw, or 18946/18948 that are official)

The software is open source, so maybe someone could decide to maintain it, at least to manage bricks' update.

when i try to download BrickUtils is says that i need "some files to get it working: Database and LDraw parts libraries" then when i click yes to downloading them too it says it is unable to download database and an error message comes up. can anyone direct me to what is happening. thanks.

I'm on Mac btw.

I start using BrickUtils. How add standard set like: 42026 ,75909 ,42007 ,9398 ,45544 ,45560 into My Sets tab ?.

Sorry for the long bump, just found this program and was wondering how the export function with template works.

I want to export a bricklink xml to a different format (So i imported it)

Now i use the custom template function to save it like this:

ID Quantity Color

But it is not saving it, what am i doing wrong?

#foreach ($brick in $bricks) 
$brick.getBlID() $brick.getQuantity() $brick.getBlColor(
#end

I placed the .vm in the brickutils main folder (where the jar file is)

Can someone help me with this?

2 hours ago, kokkie20 said:

Can someone help me with this?

A slightly newer version of the software can be found here. Maybe (just maybe) it fixed your problem?