Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Five

This vote is a no-brainer. Not only did Hans come up as 'not innocent', but he also tried to pull a completely unbelievable lie to cover it up. Being a virgin without being innocent? Really? :laugh: Better luck next time, Hans! :grin:

Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

Your concerns are duly noted, Mr Bennett. You will note that I did not point a finger at you, since you have used the investigation argument to justify your vote. This is more sensible than other Campies who appeared to disregard the investigation result. Besides I've heard trusted voices vouch for your good behaviour.

However, it's disconcerting how on Day 1 you weren't bothered by my independent thinking when I voted for you. Your reply was satisfactory and we all went to bed happy of the progress made. Yet today you would condemn the same sort of independent thinking when I'm pointing out that a bandwagon is forming on shaky ground. The circumstantial evidence was much stronger against Nadir yesterday, I can quote you conversations between Mehmet and him where Nadir sounded more scummy than Nancy the snake. Yet here we are today with one less Virgin in camp. We need to be even more careful as the scum objective is looming closer.

And now William is telling me that there was no investigation result against Hans to start with. See what I mean by shaky evidence?

You don't like my no voting strategy, and I agree it's not perfect. But there are probably at most 2 or 3 scum left at most, and the list of suspects is just as short. It would be unbelievable that with all the power roles we have in town that we can't catch any of the suspects red-handed during the night. And then we can vote or shovel them out confidently.

I'm not trying to defend Gubernaculum. I don't know if he's a Virgin, a Cultist or a camel in disguise. I'm only trying to get this town back on the track of rational and independent thinking that served us so well during the first days. Patrick would want it that way, wouldn't he? Stifling this is counter-productive -- how much information have you gathered in three days of constant bandwagoning? Don't you think that the scum will jump on your bandwagon as soon as it gathers speed?

You're welcome to look back on this discussion tomorrow. In this hole in the desert where bandwagoning is the new fad, it would seem there's no way that other voices can be heard anymore. If Hans is scum, you will lynch me for (allegedly) defending him. If he's not, you will want me lynched too because only scum would know he's not one of them. See, there's no way I can win this argument.

So yeah, if it will make you happier: Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

And here's a reward for bearing with me during this long diatribe:

sheep.jpg

:tongue:

Although having a "not innocent" investigation result would've been nice, I think not knowing that a virgin is also innocent is damning enough.

Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob).

Like what the rest had mentioned above, I will go with the majority.

Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

Vote Tally

Hans Gubernaculum (Bob): 13 votes (CorneliusMurdock, KielDaMan, Zepher, fhomess, ADHO, Scubacarrot, Sandy, Professor Flitwick, Eskallon, Tamamono, Fugazi, Wuntin, WhiteFang)

We will not be closing the day early. Due to objections the day will end at the scheduled time.

And now William is telling me that there was no investigation result against Hans to start with. See what I mean by shaky evidence?

You don't like my no voting strategy, and I agree it's not perfect. But there are probably at most 2 or 3 scum left at most, and the list of suspects is just as short. It would be unbelievable that with all the power roles we have in town that we can't catch any of the suspects red-handed during the night. And then we can vote or shovel them out confidently.

I respect your opinion, Nicholas. If we'd gotten concrete evidence of scum activity last night, I'd have been happy to report that. We did confirm a few Innocents, though, so some progress was made.

With the lack of evidence and need to lynch a cultist today if we want to prevent them from having the time to kill all the virgins, Bluto and I came up with a plan.

I lied to Hans about an investigation result. But it was his reaction to it that condemned him. We caught him in this lie. The Virgins that I've been in contact with have told me that it would be absolutely impossible for a virgin to not know that they were also an innocent. A virgin is an Innocent who just happens to be a Virgin.

I took a risk and it paid off. I have no doubt that Hans is a cultist. Now instead of floundering around today we struck a decisive blow against the Cultists. I hope that wherever Mehmet and Patrick are, that they're smiling down on us. And laughing about how dumb a lie the Cultists came up with this time.

I lied to Hans about an investigation result. But it was his reaction to it that condemned him. We caught him in this lie. The Virgins that I've been in contact with have told me that it would be absolutely impossible for a virgin to not know that they were also an innocent. A virgin is an Innocent who just happens to be a Virgin.

:hmpf::hmpf_bad:

Noob.

However, it's disconcerting how on Day 1 you weren't bothered by my independent thinking when I voted for you. Your reply was satisfactory and we all went to bed happy of the progress made. Yet today you would condemn the same sort of independent thinking when I'm pointing out that a bandwagon is forming on shaky ground.

While it's commendable on your part that you're trying your best to think independently, I still can't help but question the rationale and timing behind your proposed non-voting strategy. Not voting in the middle of our ordeal (day 5), after three successful lynches, when we are getting close to weeding off the last remaining scum? It's something unheard of in similar holes in the desert and something that we should not be resorting to at this stage.

And what if there really was no investigation conducted on Hans? It's called a TRAP, and as William said, it paid off and we caught him with a BLATANT LIE. Every move we make here involves some sort of risk, and between voting and not voting, I'd rather go with the more decisive move than passively waiting for a day to pass pinning our hopes to an unsure investigation. It may be just a difference in our personality and playing strategy, but I'd rather be more active than passive, decisive than indecisive. ("It's better to have loved voted and lost than to never to have loved voted at all." :wink:)

I'm only trying to get this town back on the track of rational and independent thinking that served us so well during the first days. Patrick would want it that way, wouldn't he? Stifling this is counter-productive -- how much information have you gathered in three days of constant bandwagoning? Don't you think that the scum will jump on your bandwagon as soon as it gathers speed?

The last time I've heard of people branding people as sheep they were on the 'scummy side of things' and were on the losing end. :snicker: The sheepish bandwagoning you seem to be vehemently questioning resulted into three successful lynches, so I won't consider those useless and I won't resort to collectively insult their intelligence just because they've correctly placed their trust to their shepherd and voted with the flock.

We will not be closing the day early. Due to objections the day will end at the scheduled time.

And looky-looky what we have here. Someone is desperately pushing our hosts trying to buy more time eh? Hoping that the 'sheep bandwagon flock' will change their minds and not vote?! I wonder who could be this person behind the objection? :sarcasm:

:poke:

(A joke for a joke my friend, no hard feelings hopefully :wink:)

Vote Tally

Hans Gubernaculum (Bob): 13 votes (CorneliusMurdock, KielDaMan, Zepher, fhomess, ADHO, Scubacarrot, Sandy, Professor Flitwick, Eskallon, Tamamono, Fugazi, Wuntin, WhiteFang)

The day will close in approximately 4 and a half hours. Feel free to send in any night actions early. Really this is just to make sure the game thread stays on the first page... :blush:

I'd like to say you would have learned something from my death, but you won't because William lied to me.

What a waste of a lynch today was. :hmpf:

Day Five Conclusion

Hans Gubernaculum feels alone. So very alone.

He stands before the great statue proclaiming his innocence and virginity from the top of his voice.

Alas, the Campies do not listen; they soak up the sun and the delightful aroma of Aloysius' excreta. Ishaq appears to have fallen asleep once again in the warm sunshine.

6784038511_c8d739fb23_z.jpg

"But vy von't you lot listen to me!! I am a Wirgin!! Vich I know now, having read it in a few places, means I'm also Innocent! I'm Innocent!! And a Wirgin!!"

Hans continues to plead with the group

6784047383_dc14ca618a_z.jpg

A loud honking sound wakes the Campies from their reverie.

It's Ossie and Is, returning from their trip away from this hole!

<audience applause>

It seems they decided today was a great day to take the convertible out for a spin and get some much needed fresh air.

6784061449_3f4d6b8189_z.jpg

What's more, they've brought ice cream and ice lollies back for everyone! Yays!

Everyone rushes forwards to grab a cooling treat.

"Yays!" they all cheer "Ice cream and ice lollies! Yays!"

6784077919_26076aa077_z.jpg

Even Ishaq manages to summon the energy to join the stampede, leaving Hans to continue his protestations.

6784088169_f848b85db2_z.jpg

Everyone tucks into the iced sweets, with much licking and slurping to be heard, almost drowning out Hans' increasingly emotional pleas.

"Betcha they all start talking about who got what from the ice cream" whispers Ossie out of the corner of his mouth to Is "you know, that we've given out vanilla ice cream and so on?"

"Think we should tell them it has no significance whatsoever?" replies Is "Oh, mind you, I guess we just did" she shrugs

6784101885_ed06715846_z.jpg

"I'm still a Wirgin!! And Innocent!!" shouts Hans, with not even a raspberry mivvi to call his own.

6784117255_978643dd6f_z.jpg

"Look at me!!! This is what my hair looks like!" screams Hans, hoping for some sort of reaction from the Campies

"Huh. Who knew?" is the general murmur of reply and the licking and slurping continues

6784131427_102e92717c_z.jpg

"Look!! I am now schmearing myself with ze camel poop!" yells Hans, hopelessly

"Ewww! Stop that! That's nearly as bad as your poetry!" cries an unknown Campie, almost put off their ice cream

6784140909_17e7f6b9a0_z.jpg

"Oh, vot is the point..." sighs Hans, turning on his heels...

6784157953_60edbb2db3_z.jpg

"I know ven I am not being vanted..." and with that, unwatched and unnoticed, Hans walks into the statue himself...

6784171777_3c34aa0f35_z.jpg

Please get your night actions in to us by 20 hours of this post. If we get them all in in good time we may be able to start Day Six tomorrow (in around 22 hours time). Thanks! :sweet: