Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Five

Yesterday, the people chose scatterbrain Betty Swallocks to sacrifice ...

6767059731_5c8f7d249e_z.jpg

Another Corrupted?!! Yeuck! What have you lot got against statues anyway?

Later that night, Nadir Zenith has a dirty job to do...

6766921803_f54c27010a_z.jpg

... because somebody has to do it. It's taking him all night.

He is approached by a dark figure.

6766928173_22a59c1479_z.jpg

'Need a little help there?' asks the dark figure, helpfully.

Nadir stretches.

6766934329_7f143b90c3_z.jpg

'Oh, yes sir, Nadir would be most grateful for your help, sir.' Nadir replies.

'Four nights Nadir has no sleep. What does that camel eat?'

'Here, I can help you sleep,' says the ever-helpful dark figure.

6766939199_27c91d8f18_z.jpg

Ding!

Nadir is dazed.

6766944425_e61ac04fdc_z.jpg

'That's no good,' says the dark figure to themselves.

'Time to bring out the bigger guns!'

6766951037_e0757ab492_z.jpg

'Well, shovels,' the figure chuckles.

6766956253_96734d0be6_z.jpg

Thwack!

6766960835_65279583d7_z.jpg

Nadir is sent sprawling into the sand...

... and the dark figure walks off.

6766969219_ab3bb8f2c9_z.jpg

'Tum te tum!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some time later ...

Another figure is out and about, but they are covered with a shimmering blanket.

6766975507_801d47550e_z.jpg

'Dumby dumb dumb megablock dumb-butts,' the figure seems to mutter, as they kick sand around.

Beneath the bwankie, the figure doesn't hear the sound of approaching feet...

6766980695_3a91393f72_z.jpg

... until it's too late.

'Peekaboo!' says the dark figure, 'I can see you!'

6766987435_40be0f7ef3_z.jpg

'But... how?' replies the bwanketed figure, now revealed to be Mehmet Attabar. 'My mirror bwankie reflects all!'

'Not this time!' yells the dark figure triumphantly as they draw their syringe and prepare to leap...

6766993119_6d81c45af4_z.jpg

... but Mehmet deftly sidesteps the leap ...

... and the figure sprawls in the sand.

6766997783_fd9f03d104_z.jpg

'Ha ha! I'm better than you, you dumby dumb megablock Cultist!' shrieks Mehmet. 'Aren't I, Schnookums?'

The teddy bear does not respond.

'I am soooo better than you, you dumby megablock! I fart in your face, megablock!'

6767002077_21eb256e0b_z.jpg

Almost overcome by the noxious fumes, the dark figure struggles to its feet...

Suddenly, the dark figure grins, and strikes a match. 'Oh well, who needs that syringe anyway?'

6767006093_74fe312cdb_z.jpg

Whoooooomph!

'Duuuuuuummmmmmmbbbbbbaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssss!' is Mehmet's final word.

6767013807_f11973fe44_z.jpg

Humpf. This one tastes of overcooked scorpion.

A little later, a dark figure comes to the unconscious Nadir.

6767020307_fc47e1eef5_z.jpg

'Can't leave that lying there,' says the figure. 'Hup! we go...'

Once again, into the statue goes the body.

6767028035_4339a2f370_z.jpg

That's more like it! So... pure, so sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day dawns ...

6767052349_26bcab15d1_z.jpg

... and the remaining members of the expedition emerge to a horrific sight.

'Well, this has all gone to shit,' says someone.

'Oh come on, don't give up all hope!' says a second.

'No, I mean... just look :look: '

6767038513_ea170eed30_z.jpg

Ossie and Is are nowhere to be seen. The valley floor is littered with ... partially digested scorpion balls, three-bean chilli ...

'Bleurrrrgh!' says Jenny Taylor.

... and now, vomit.

'Sorry everyone,' says Aloysius.

6767045229_479e9acd30_z.jpg

Everyone looks at one another.

Someone pipes up, 'Wow, who knew Nadir did so much for us?'

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Cultists. To win the game, the Innocents must eliminate all the Cultists, while the Cultists need to sacrifice ... Virgins. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. There is no limit to the number of unvotes. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Any reference to previous games or “games... of life”, potatoes, books that people have read, pigeons, films or plays that people may have seen, Harriet, sluts, mathematics, 2pid Rouges or figurative suspense will be treated most harshly. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Players

6623471525_c049c6e28a_o.jpg

The Great God IMHOTEP (NPC)

Do not upset him. Address him correctly or face the consequences. You have been warned.

6608373163_2fd3453da4_t.jpg6608371167_c533ef2d0e_t.jpg

The Guardians – Ossie and Is (Rufus and Pandora - NPCs)

6643855363_8b360b470f_t.jpgSheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono

6643866653_4a754df087_t.jpgJohnson Cox - Played by Cecilie

6643864133_808f92d91b_t.jpgOphelia Balls - Played by fhomess

6644030399_ecddbc1907_t.jpgHans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob

6643859703_f7d8d9390a_t.jpgMellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot

6643857563_3a5bb3c64d_t.jpgJennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy

6643868821_4816072ce7_t.jpgNicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi

6643903693_86a441ba32_t.jpgRoger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick

6643899145_7dc6d6505c_t.jpgWilliam Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock

6643896727_d0a5b79221_t.jpgHugh Janus - Played by Eskallon

6643872007_a540288c82_t.jpgAloysius - Played by ADHO15

6643894663_ba76ac5d06_t.jpgGordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan

6643892345_562243cfd9_t.jpgToulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang

6643882069_4410626746_t.jpgIshaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin

6643876663_3e05a57276_t.jpgAhmed Apu - Played by Zepher

The Departed

6643884843_01fa344f66_t.jpg6767351885_1c7000e57d_t.jpgMehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley - Innocent - sacrificed Night Four

6643874135_2269a1f9af_t.jpg6767353683_1cd3dccf67_t.jpgNadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Four

6643906041_e0e2cdb15e_t.jpg6767350563_4c6040212c_t.jpgBetty Swallocks - Played by TinyPiesRUs - Cultist - lynched Day Four

6643908649_06d0ebdf53_t.jpg6743556053_0d10434f99_t.jpgPenelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down - Innocent - sacrificed Night Three

6643879525_886a9c9fd0_t.jpg6743563181_0aa384e523_t.jpgMustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor - Cultist - lynched Day Three

6643901415_4a4bced4a4_t.jpg6716294687_ff1f02c69b_t.jpgPatrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Two

6643861959_d0d3342c85_t.jpg6716295661_f9150f4706_t.jpgMelaena Stools - Played by CallMePieOrDie - Cultist - lynched Day Two

6643889967_39698bff68_t.jpg6690511125_1e30f47815_t.jpgPercy Pantwitter - Played by Rick - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night One

6643887385_770c61c721_t.jpg6686096621_6d83839c76_t.jpgFather Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day One

Reserves

zakura

VolcanicPanik

No, Mehmet!!! :cry_sad: It's a good thing we were able to get rid of yet another cultist, but what are we going to do without Mehmet!? :cry_sad:

And it's too bad about Nadir too! The last thing we need at this point is more dead virgins. :sceptic:

Ah shit, this is not good. Both Mehmet and a virgin killed tonight :cry_sad:. Sort of takes the joy out of yesterday's successful lynch.

Oh dear... We lost two vocal innocents in one night, even though we managed to take out yet another cultist. A heavy price to pay, indeed... :cry_sad:

I do not think the remaining cultists will go down without a fight anymore. We had an easy last couple of days, but that was mostly thanks to Mehmet (may he rest in peace with 40 heavenly virgins). I fear we will see a lot of confusion and distraction today, so we really have to focus if we want to survive.

Let the decisive battle begin!

Okay this is bad... Glad we got another cultist, but the losses were great :cry_sad:.

I am very much looking at Hans now, he was the one that wanted night kills, turns out, the kills DO end up in the statue, this was exactly what I was afraid of.

Well this sucks, but I'm rather surprised that nobody protected Mehmet. Perhaps someone he trusted turned on him, or was playing him all this time. It would make sense, Mehmet was likely ready to go for another cultist today. At any rate, we need solutions.

I am very much looking at Hans now, he was the one that wanted night kills, turns out, the kills DO end up in the statue, this was exactly what I was afraid of.

Seriously? If I was some sort of a killer, why would I be pointing out my own inactivity in the thread? I didn't say I wanted night kills, I said that I'm surprised there haven't been any clear vigilante kills. Maybe you should go back and read.

:blush:

It seems today began with some very heavy losses. :sad: Hopefully we will be able to continue on our Cultist-lynching streak and make our departed friends proud!

Did Mehment happen to mention any of his suspicions to anyone? Yesterday he seemed pretty eager to begin the interrogation of his next target.

A talking camel in a bearskin. Did you ever see such a ridiculous sight?!

Seriously? If I was some sort of a killer, why would I be pointing out my own inactivity in the thread? I didn't say I wanted night kills, I said that I'm surprised there haven't been any clear vigilante kills. Maybe you should go back and read.

I am not saying you are a killer, but fact is that you sounded very eager yesterday to get people killed. You can try to downplay it now, but it is true. This is suspicious, I also haven't heard anything redeeming concerning you. I am definitely looking at you, you are my prime suspect at the moment. I am interested if there were any helpful results from night actions. I hope there is a good way to coordinate those now that Mehmet is dead :cry_sad:.

I am not saying you are a killer, but fact is that you sounded very eager yesterday to get people killed. You can try to downplay it now, but it is true. This is suspicious, I also haven't heard anything redeeming concerning you. I am definitely looking at you, you are my prime suspect at the moment. I am interested if there were any helpful results from night actions. I hope there is a good way to coordinate those now that Mehmet is dead :cry_sad:.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. I was very eager to get people killed, so naturally people start dying? How could I possibly get people killed? I'm not downplaying it, I said once that I was surprised that there weren't any clear vigilante kills, only cultist kills. We've established that when the figure uses a syringe, it's a cultist kill, right?

Please go back and read what I said yesterday. I talked about you with Mehmet yesterday and he seemed to trust you, so I started to trust you as well. Now you're right back on my suspect list. I bet it was you that betrayed him, wasn't it?

You are not even trying to make sense, man. What I am saying is, you knew that nightkills from other sources also would end up in the statue. Since tonight the killer killed a virgin that ended in the statue, I say the following. QUI BONO? who benefits? Thats right, the cultists. Now you are pushed in the corner, and try to turn that back at me... It is not going to work, you scummy son of a camel.

Betty being a cultist is good news.

Losing Mehmet is most definitely not. For whatever reason, Mehmet didn't trust Nadir and I fear that we've used our vig kill for the wrong purposes as a result.

It's also fairly worrisome that the mirror cloak did not work. It seems there are two possible reasons for this:

1. The mirror cloak protector was blocked by the cultists

2. The cultist have a capability to bypass protection

If they can bypass protection, I certainly hope they can only do it the one time. If they blocked our mirror cloak protector, that also means one of two things: The protector was Mehmet himself, using the cloak on himself OR the protector is still alive, but now the cultists know who he is.

I'd like to encourage townies to get the conversation going. The last few days have been easier to just follow Mehmet's lead, but now we've got to step up and talk about what oddities we've seen at night.

You are not even trying to make sense, man. What I am saying is, you knew that nightkills from other sources also would end up in the statue. Since tonight the killer killed a virgin that ended in the statue, I say the following. QUI BONO? who benefits? Thats right, the cultists. Now you are pushed in the corner, and try to turn that back at me... It is not going to work, you scummy son of a camel.

You're extremely obnoxious, mostly because you don't know what you're talking about. How was I to know that all night kills would end up in the statue? That's right, I wouldn't, because only scum kills have happened. I'm hardly pushed into a corner, you're the only person that thinks I'm a cultist based on absolutely zero evidence.

Let me go back and pull EXACTLY what I said, so you don't have to press a few buttons:

Well it's good to know we made the right choice yesterday, but I'm not sure we have a vigilante. If we do, he/she's not doing much at all.

Then, in response, Mehmet said this:

Who would you like to see them killing, Hans? I bet you thought you had targeted the vigilante last night, huh?

Then, in response, I said this:

I'll have you know that I was asleep last night, unlike you prancing around the camp naked. I was merely pointing out that there is only one night kill at night and I'm assuming that the person doing all the killing is the cultist killer.

Let me make this abundantly clear for you, nowhere did I say I wanted night kills. You can go back and scour the entire Day Four topic or even the rest of the days, but nowhere did I say I wanted people to be killed.

You're trying to pull evidence out of thin air, Mellifluous. I'm not sure why you're so convinced that I'm a cultist. My only guess is that the scum are getting closer to completing their goal and Mellifluous is trying to shove blame onto someone else.

Mehmet, we will avenge you! Nothing more or less! You did so much work behind the scene and I really hope we can root those cultists out soon! I am sure we are much closer to our targets as we speak.

Well, here we are to clean up the pieces. Luckily, Mehmet got us most of the way, and we're going to be able to flush out those final cultists. We have lots to go on, even without his coordination of actions during the night. We can figure out, by previous actions, and people cleared, who the remaining scum are. We have an investigator out there, and someone confirming virgins, and people who aren't confirmed by either of them can be confirmed by their actions. I will start to go through the list and see if I can dredge up a list of suspects.

Even if it disheartening to lose Mehmet and Nadir last night even if we successfully nabbed a Cultist in Ms. Swallocks, now is not the time to grieve and succumb to the pressure. Patrick, Mehmet, and the rest of our fallen comrades have paved the way for us, and let us not let them die in vain. It's up to us remaining Innocent Campies to continue the fight against these megablock Cultists.

I know Mehmet is a very intelligent person and even if he's already gone I'm sure he had a back-up plan in the worst case scenario that he prematurely dies, and he has probably entrusted (hopefully!) the vital intel he has gathered throughout to at least one person (or a couple).

I will start to go through the list and see if I can dredge up a list of suspects.

I will start by listing down those with "publicly-known claims" (though subject to verification):

Jennifer Taylor (Sandy) - claimed Virgin on Day 1

Hugh Janus (Eskallon) - "appeared" to claim Virgin on Day 1

Roger Goodenarde (Prof. Flitwick) - claimed "Virgin"-Cop on Day 1

Shiela Suxsumb (Tamamono) - "forced" to claim Virginity on Day 3 due to mistaken(?) accusation by Mehmet

And here are the remaining players:

Johnson Cox (Cecilie)

Ophelia Balls (fhomess)

Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

Mellifluous Murgatroyd (Scubacarrot)

Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi)

William Fitzpatrick (CorneliusMurdock)

Aloysius (ADHO15)

Gordon Bennett (KielDaMan)

Toulouse Leplot (WhiteFang)

Ishaq Ettaq (Wuntin)

Ahmed Apu (Zepher)

Of these 11:

- 2 are claiming to be Virgins privately

- One is claiming to have a "useful role for the Town", the nature of which I still don't know but I'll try to verify

- From the remaining 8, the investigator, protector, "cloak-giver" are still possibly there (if they weren't one of Mehmet/Nadir who got killed last night)

Again this list is based only on my conversations behind the scenes, I'm sure other Townies have their own private communications with other people as well. I hope this could start the ball rolling for us in systematically identifying the remaining cultists. If other Townies have a "better list" than mine, or have some significant intel to share, feel free to contact me if you'd like to 'compare notes'. I know most of you might have doubts on me, but I can clearly prove my innocence privately (or even publicly).

Well that baffles me, Mehmet was Iron Man. He couldn't die at night, however it looks like someone found a way around it.

We lost a great man last night, but this fights not over so don't talk like it is anyone. I will try and arrange a list of what I know too once I get back from work.

Alright, "found" may be a too strong word, but I have a strong suspicion that this person is scum. My suspicion of Mustafa was right, so I ask that you hear me out, and don't shout at me for being stupid. In honor of the late Mehmet I will say this in his style, by the form of a play!

The following takes place on a previous day!

Me in the day thread: Oh boy, that Mehmet is pretty suspicious!

Susp I. Ciouspersen, In pm: Pssssst, I agree! Mehmet is suspicious!

Later,

Susp I. Ciouspersen, In pm: Psssst, I knew it all along that person was scum, I said something at one point in one sentence and then never did anything with it.

------

I am getting tired of doing this in play form... So anyway... I have been chatting with this person, and never really got ANYTHING useful, at all. This is weird, because I am not the one that started the conversation. You could say that this person is just being extremely careful, and I would agree, but this much? I don't know.

This person, has shared suspicions with me, sure, But the suspicions I was told, were either extremely safe ones to make (Quiet people, for instance, or people that had taken some flak already) or people I mentioned I suspected. Furthermore, this person has been plain unhelpful and quiet in the day threads, often only coming around to comment on what is happening, and summarizing. Yesterday, this person broke that habit, and actively started helping pursue Betty, but this is not absolving in my view, as Betty's guilt was more or less clear from the get-go, and I can imagine the scum decided to abandon the sinking boat called Betty.

This may seem like a thin accusation, but there is more, but that would be revealing this person's identity. I encourage this person to defend itself in either private, or publicly, against my accusation. Lastly, I would like to remind everyone that I was right about BD, so consider what I said.

*SNIP*

Theirs not exactly much for this person to defend himself with. It seems to me he was just trying to promote helpful conversation and nothing in your post really appeared that overly suspicious to me.

Day Five Interlude

A sizeable number of outfits are now lacking their former wearers. Too many for the hitherto unhighlighted clothes rail to cope with.

Trousers, shirts, blouses and turbans now lie forlornly in a non-pooey corner of the canyon.

6772173821_b866bfa8be_z.jpg

The Campies, as they have started to refer to themselves, realise that losing Nadir has left them up to their eyeballs in camel poo.

A committee is formed, and after much discussion the group decide to just pile all the poo in the corner.

"Where the hell was Nadir putting all this before?" comments Johnson Cox

"I dunno, but just pile it out of the way, purlease!" shouts Jenny Taylor as she washes the vomit off her ample cleavage in the crystal clear waterfall pool

6772180101_e6f34665cf_z.jpg

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!" cries Gordon Bennett

"Papercut?" asks Hans Gubernaculum

"No!" sighs the exasperated Gordon "No, it's that bloody camel again"

"Oh noes!" cries Mellifluous Murgatroyd "He just doesn't stop!"

"What? Whaaaaat?! What did I do?" replies a confused and hurt Aloysius "Oh... that oh :blush: ...uhm, sorry? :blush: "

6772185231_ec52760f7d_z.jpg

"I have an idea!" exclaims William Fitzpatrick "We can keep all this excrement out of sight and stop it from getting smellier in the sun by placing this handy 'shiny and reflective' blanket over it"

6772194107_eaaa6d4b8e_z.jpg

"Hooray!" cheer all the Campies and they think no more of poo or such unseemly things, but rather which of their number to feed to an ominous stone statue in the hopes of escaping this hole in the desert with their lives..

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction.

:blush::blush::blush:

But still, you are all so quick to judge me because I am a camel, producing an average amount of waste for a camel. I am certain I will find a similar corner should I investigate your tent, puny humans. At least now there's no shortage of 'scorpion balls' as Mehmet passed them off as.

On the bright side, at least there is a nice amount of spare headgear amassing over there. Just what I'll need should I ever run out of hats (not bloody likely!)

Now, back to the more important items on the agenda: I agree that your accusation does not seem to be a very strong one. Being less than helpful and being suspicious are too different things. They may be linked sometimes, but not always. Although not much else seems to be being discussed here today so we might not have much else to go on.

It seems so quiet now without Mr Attabar. Does anyone else think that rolling tumbleweed looks like a bored Mehmet?

Mehmet is probably rolling his eyes to no end from the mouth of Imhotep right now, seeing how the Cultists have killed the joy in this smelly desert hole... :sceptic:

I have reviewed the limited evidence against Hans Gubernaculum and Johnson Cox. Considering that a wrongful lynch at this stage can prove to be fatal, perhaps the best way to go today would be not to lynch at all, and wait for more night investigation results. It's not like it's raining votes anyway. We are getting close to nailing the last Cultists, as most people have been cleared one way or another. We know that the Cultists need more than four Virgins sacrificed, but not how many more. So in the absence of solid facts my opinion is that cool heads should prevail and that night -- and another round of investigations -- will help us more than an uncertain lynch, more likely to benefit the scum at this stage.

I have reviewed the limited evidence against Hans Gubernaculum and Johnson Cox.

I'm curious about this statement, as while Hans was being questioned earlier today, Johnson wasn't. Has someone attempted to make a case against Mr. Cox that I missed?

I know that a few of the people on Gordon's list of non-claimers are most certainly cleared by now, but I haven't heard anything one way or another about either of these two people being among them. I think the relative lack of conversation here is noteworthy today, but I'm also reluctant to vote unless we have some strong evidence.