Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I think this series is getting too much hate. Does anyone have any idea how long we've been without a half-decent Santa Claus? The best one we've had so far isn't even Santa! :rofl: The rest of these sound like better takes on, in my opinion, somewhat poorly-done figures in the past. With the massive level of detail in recent series, I have higher hopes for these figs.

but a proper santa should be a winter event, not a fall thing. And the series is getting hate for a legit reason. including the santa figure, half the figures listed are a been there done that thing.

:shrug_oh_well: I dunno, I can think of ways for them to be different and still worth getting. Most of the ones being re-used are from the first two series that very few people got ahold of, remember. :classic:

On brickipedia it's stated that

"As mentioned earlier, up to series 8 is locked as far as characters go!" "Yes there are minifigs that were on wishlists, expected surprises and several unexpected surprises!"

Well, I would like to know who did put another vampire or another diver to the wishlist.

And for the unexpected surprises... I hope they are better than they are looking now.

Until pictures I'm highly disappointed. :thumbdown:

If this list is legitimate, I have mixed feelings.

With so many pirates already, I'm really not interested.

If the trader is a frontiersman, then I'm all for it. A stock trader would be too generic.

A fairy in any form would be a winner.

A cowgirl would be cool, but the ponytail hat combined suggestion would make this phenominal.

Evil female alien? I guess it depends on how they do it. A new alien head mold would be nice.

Evil robot? They've hit homeruns with their previous robots, so I'm optimistic.

If the vampire is a goth kid version, that would be cool.

I'd buy tons of the diver if he has the old school fishbowl helmet.

Santa? Wierd timing being out in September. I think between the gnome and the Yoda Santa there are enough parts to make one without wasting a slot here.

FOOTBALL PLAYER! If its an American football player I'll have to make a team. I see a lot of customization coming.

The thespin could bring new parts to the grecko-roman genre.

I missed out on the first conquistador way back in the day, so that would be cool.

If its a club dj I think it has potential.

The bavarian kid could be cool. At least there'd be a new torso.

Skier? Cross between the male Skier and the female snowboarder? OR a water Skier?

Any version of a cheerleader would be awesome.

Edited by Lego_Hero

Hello everyone, I'm the one who put this list on Brickset. :sweet:

I done my registration here exactly one month ago, but I was too lazy (and a little shy :blush:) to introduce myself. And then I found this list of highly anticipated minifigures and I said to myself: "Now I must write this on Eurobricks!" But I only had had time to post it on Brickset, then I had to leave the house. I came back a while ago, and I was curious if someone done it for me. Of course he does, and now it's GRogall, as usual, who is famous, not me. :hmpf_bad::tongue:. Okay, now about the minifigs.

Someone wrote on my local LUG page two days ago that some eshop has listed Series 8, among with the date they will start selling them: August 27. You can pre-order them now. Another member notified us that there's a list what minifigures will be in Series 8. And yet another member, who is selling Lego, confirmed it's official, that she was given that information by TLC, too. So I'm sure it's official, unless TLC is joking. :laugh:

Hello everyone, I'm the one who put this list on Brickset. :sweet:

I done my registration here exactly one month ago, but I was too lazy (and a little shy :blush:) to introduce myself. And then I found this list of highly anticipated minifigures and I said to myself: "Now I must write this on Eurobricks!" But I only had had time to post it on Brickset, then I had to leave the house. I came back a while ago, and I was curious if someone done it for me. Of course he does, and now it's GRogall, as usual, who is famous, not me. :hmpf_bad::tongue:. Okay, now about the minifigs.

Someone wrote on my local LUG page two days ago that some eshop has listed Series 8, among with the date they will start selling them: August 27. You can pre-order them now. Another member notified us that there's a list what minifigures will be in Series 8. And yet another member, who is selling Lego, confirmed it's official, that she was given that information by TLC, too. So I'm sure it's official, unless TLC is joking. :laugh:

As I wrote you on brickset, is there any way to see what kind of trader they're speaking about?

Hmmm, people complaining before even seeing pics??? I'm the biggest moaner here but at least I'd wait to see pics before I started....!

Personally I would prefer more City figures but I think there is anough here for everyone with lots of 'most requested' figures. I also like repeated figures as they tie in well with previous figures to expand on themes.

Ancient Thespis - people are always asking for an Ancient Rome/Egypt/Greece theme

Pirate Captain - pirates have been the main theme that people have complanied have not made an appearance in a CMF series

Conquistador - not yet appeared as part of the CMF series.

Enemy Robot - people often complain there aren't enough sci-fi/space figs

Evil Female Alien - see above

Diver - an old-fashioned diver is one of the most often requested minifigs

Vampire - coincides well with the release of the Haunted House.

Fairy - who will be first to build a fairy army?!, another often requested figure in CMF ideas threads and presumably included to appeal to girls.

Football Player - nice to see a variety of sports represented

Trader - no idea what to expect but as it is unique I'm sure it will be popular

Skier - more additions to the Winter Village are always welcome. A ski resort sub theme is also wanted by many City fans

Red Cheerleader - the red team are in need of some support! A cheerleader has not appeared since series 1 and we often moan about so few female figures.

Santa Claus - yes, the current Santa is in need of a proper hat indeed!

Boy in Bavarian costume - one of the most highly requested figures in CMF ideas threads

DJ - (ok, disappointing not to have an actual musician but if it has headphones it will no doubt be a popular piece for sig figs)

Cowgirl - people always ask for the Wild West theme to return and this adds to the number of missing female figs.

I'm not sure if these are the final figures. I also remember Series 3 being a little different to the original list which appeared. Looking forward to pics though.

As I wrote you on brickset, is there any way to see what kind of trader they're speaking about?

I wrote on Brickset some ideas and what I thought when I saw it first time. I translated all the names from Czech, and the original word is as neutral as "trader" in English. It can be anything.

I think this series is getting too much hate. Does anyone have any idea how long we've been without a half-decent Santa Claus? The best one we've had so far isn't even Santa! :rofl: The rest of these sound like better takes on, in my opinion, somewhat poorly-done figures in the past. With the massive level of detail in recent series, I have higher hopes for these figs.

Mocking Santa Yoda you are. Getting coal you will be! :yoda:

I really hope this isn't the final list as it looks pretty disappointing so far, plus there are loads of repeats.

Where did this source come from? I think it's a bit fishy keeping it from us for such a long time and then giving us a list on a forum with no pics etc...

The vampire could be the angsty, glittery teenage type:

edward-cullen-photo.png

They could use the elvis hair that the mechanic had. :laugh:

Yeah, I see nothing too bad with this series. I would too, I missed out on the original Cheerleader.

No, of course not. Here's the link: http://www.babytoy.cz/lego-minifigurky-8-serie.html. The description is same every time, but the list of characters varies by series.

Google translated me in italian Diver as the modern one and the Trader as Businessman (perhaps classic minifigure with suitcase?), but of course it's just a translator.

Damn, so the "trader" is probably like a stock trader, because when I had firefox translate that site it said "businessman"

Finally a list!

I am excited to get quite a few of these actually. I guess everyone else that doesn't like them will leave plenty for me. Huzzah!

I may actually buy multiples of a few of these, depending on how they end up looking.

I can't wait for pictures now!

Thanks for the list!

Minifigs I am highly interested in:

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Diver (Hoping for the late 1800s one jonwil mentioned)

Trader (Hoping for Frontiersmen)

Red Cheerleader

Cowgirl

Medium Interest:

Fairy

Football Player

No Interest for now:

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Vampire

Skier

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Damn, so the "trader" is probably like a stock trader, because when I had firefox translate that site it said "businessman"

It also translated into merchant, so personally I'm far more inclined to think that it'll be something like a medieval shopkeeper.

Plus, why on earth would LEGO ever make a stock trader? Let's not forget, they make these primarily for kids after all. Not to mention there's not much of anything you could give a stock trader as an accessory. Surely LEGO would see that there's zero interest in a stock trader as far as kids go.

It also translated into merchant, so personally I'm far more inclined to think that it'll be something like a medieval shopkeeper.

Plus, why on earth would LEGO ever make a stock trader? Let's not forget, they make these primarily for kids after all. Not to mention there's not much of anything you could give a stock trader as an accessory. Surely LEGO would see that there's zero interest in a stock trader as far as kids go.

Not only that but, you can purchase the "business man in pinstripe suit", complete with briefcase and gold pen in pocket in the Alien Conquest battle pack, which is currently available in LEGO stores for 50% off it's original price. Hardly worth it for LEGO to include basically the exact same figure in the CMF line.

On another note: as far as 'Santa' goes...yeah, I could see that...with Gandalf's beard in white.

I kind of expected a 'blue' boxer though, especially since LEGO made the blue gloves and headgear for the new GB Olympic CMFs.

I translated it from czech to spanish, and the "trader" and "female alien" were translated as business man and evil foreigner.. of course, once translated to english.