Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

FIrst off, the S3 pilot I don't think is supposed to be a 'WWII Pilot' but just and old-fashioned Aviator. And secondly, these aren't 'Easter Eggs', just something that Lego puts in the series to add diversity, such as with the classic monsters in Series 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I understand what you are saying, I am just going by what I have seen as the more common "nickname" for the pilot. I meant that the warriors are usually put in the number two spot on the checklist, not that they are;i every series. :wink:

Not really swappable.

Well, the torsos are both red, and I think it would look fine.

And also, does anyone know if the conquistador comes with an extra plume??? I remember the S1 forestman did.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

The collectible minifigures haven't contained spare parts for a long time.

The collectible minifigures haven't contained spare parts for a long time.

Specifically, they haven't come with discrete, separately-molded spares since Series 3; the first two series were the only ones that had them.

Series 7 does have some figures with spare parts, since some of them have elements (knives and flowerheads) that come on sprues, and the sprues each have one more part than needed for the complete minifigures.

At least a month and some change, my friend. :cry_sad:

It's just as well, as far as I'm concerned. I still haven't completed my base collection of S7, let alone gotten all the duplicates I want for S5, S6 and S7 (and then there are still the Team GB minifigures to worry about, let alone all the larger regular sets). I need more time to build up funds! :cry_sad:

Judging by those photos it looks like the 'Bavarian Boy' (still waiting for an offical name on this one... He has a moustache) does have a spare plume. I guess this being one of the smaller 'accessories'. Pretty nice if it does, as we haven't had a white plume like that in a long time (TMK).

03-08

Well, the torsos are both red, and I think it would look fine.

And also, does anyone know if the conquistador comes with an extra plume??? I remember the S1 forestman did.

Actually one is red and one is dark red, so that might be what they meant by not swappable. They are very different shades. And I would highly doubt the conquistador would come with an extra plume since that particular piece doesn't come on a sprue, unlike the classic smaller feather from days past in the Bavarian set. Although it looks like from photos that there are two separate feathers, without a sprue. Either way, I would welcome that.

Maybe it's just a younger guy dressed as Santa, in the vein of Gorilla Suit Guy etc. :tongue:

Do you have the Gandalf minifigure, vriverajr3? I'd like to know whether Santa's hat can be used with Gandalf's beard.

His grin looks insane for a santa! :tongue:

Judging by those photos it looks like the 'Bavarian Boy' (still waiting for an offical name on this one... He has a moustache) does have a spare plume. I guess this being one of the smaller 'accessories'. Pretty nice if it does, as we haven't had a white plume like that in a long time (TMK).

link

two fethers would be great. And judging from that photo, he does have two! :thumbup:

Just got around to checking out the close-up shots...a shame about the 'pink' fur on Santa's coat. :hmpf_bad:

Barely noticed that theres a good amount of villainous minifigures in this series like the Evil Robot, Manbat, Pirate, Alien Queen, and ....Santa :laugh:. Joking aside we havent gotten that much of them lately only getting the Bandit in series 6 although the Minotaur and Alien can be counted as villain-like. While last series we only got the Evil Knight. I like that we got a good amount of evil minifigures :devil:. I mean what's the use of good minifigs if they dont have any bad minifigs to fight off. :tongue: Overall this series is good but overshadowed by the previous 2 series. Very much good mix of different themes in this series that will add a lot to my collection and provide great charecters in any brickfilm. :classic:

the cheerleader and robot were some of the most appreciated figures of a now 2 years old, scarcely available series 1, so TLC is still catering to quite a large portion of their customer by (re)releasing those "on the cheap" and it's a bit hard to be mad at them for this.

Actually strike that, I had not realized this, but the cheerleader has actually been available for quite a while in the calendar set (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brick-Calendar-853195?_requestid=3482300) so releasing an almost identical one has even less appeal as the original one is still available (yes it is like $15 but you get a bunch of bricks with that and the S1 skater so not such a bad deal)...

At least if she had something other than the recolor to make her more unique and less looking like some alternate universe "evil-self" version of the S1 cheerleader (the "evil self" effect would have been perfect if instead of the A she was wearing a W, i.e; upside-down M :devil: ), maybe pig-tails with big bright bows like many cheerleader have, or a cheering megaphone, I don't know something...

In my opinion this has too be one of the laziest CMF produced so far, even the various skaters had more uniqueness going for themselves.

(that said i'll still pick one up given the opportunity, I'm a completist :tongue: )

Edited by tazosaure

Actually strike that, I had not realized this, but the cheerleader has actually been available for quite a while in the calendar set (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brick-Calendar-853195?_requestid=3482300) so releasing an almost identical one has even less appeal as the original one is still available (yes it is like $15 but you get a bunch of bricks with that and the S1 skater so not such a bad deal)...

At least if she had something other than the recolor to make her more unique and less looking like some alternate universe "evil-self" version of the S1 cheerleader (the "evil self" effect would have been perfect if instead of the A she was wearing a W, i.e; upside-down M :devil: ), maybe pig-tails with big bright bows like many cheerleader have, or a cheering megaphone, I don't know something...

In my opinion this has too be one of the laziest CMF produced so far, even the various skaters had more uniqueness going for themselves.

(that said i'll still pick one up given the opportunity, I'm a completist :tongue: )

Actually, I think releasing a counterpart might stir up the interest in the S1 one again. . . :wink:

Actually, I think releasing a counterpart might stir up the interest in the S1 one again. . . :wink:

True, I can see how that could work for some people, as they now finally can build opposite teams for a minifig size "bring it on" :laugh:

If LEGO ever does another cheerleader, I want it to be a Zombie Cheerleader with tattered clothing and all that. It'd be epic.

I like the DJ for his parts and the fairy for being a fairy. And the man-bat's torso can be used to make the gorilla more realistic. Aside from those and a few other little details, though, this series doesn't excite me too much. S1 and S5 are still the best.

I like the DJ for his parts and the fairy for being a fairy. And the man-bat's torso can be used to make the gorilla more realistic. Aside from those and a few other little details, though, this series doesn't excite me too much. S1 and S5 are still the best.

Yeah, S5 was really good. :wink: I also really liked S7.

I'd be interested to see how well this series sells compared to the last few series. There seems to be a bit of negative feeling towards it here, I guess coming from army builders, which suggests sales may be slower. On the other hand I really like it since I'm a train fan and it has a lot of good useful figs for town layouts. Town is the biggest selling theme so that suggests faster sales. I'll be buying a box as usual, but will pick up a few multiples. I'll need at least six red cheerleaders to match my series 1 ones :tongue: Bring it on was my first thought when I saw the new cheerleader.

I think the football player would have been much better with a sticker sheet of numbers, even though I prefer printed parts most of the time.

Edited by peterab

If LEGO ever does another cheerleader, I want it to be a Zombie Cheerleader with tattered clothing and all that. It'd be epic.

That would be so cool for MOCing. The new cheerleader looks great too. :classic:

I'd be interested to see how well this series sells compared to the last few series. There seems to be a bit of negative feeling towards it here, I guess coming from army builders, which suggests sales may be slower. On the other hand I really like it since I'm a train fan and it has a lot of good useful figs for town layouts. Town is the biggest selling theme so that suggests faster sales. I'll be buying a box as usual, but will pick up a few multiples. I'll need at least six red cheerleaders to match my series 1 ones :tongue: Bring it on was my first thought when I saw the new cheerleader.

I think the football player would have been much better with a sticker sheet of numbers, even though I prefer printed parts most of the time.

I don't think it will have much trouble selling - sure, lots of people are being a bit negative, but often for the opposite reasons. I don't like the Evil Female Alien or the Fariy or the Cheerleader. On the other hand, there seem to be several people who love the Alien, the Cheerleader, and even the Fairy. :wink:

Edited by Kai NRG

Why does LEGO need another cheerleader, even if it is a zombie one? :wacko:

This, in my opinion, is the worst series yet. :sadnew:

Anyone noticed how American CMF is? Hockey player, cowboy, native American, native American, cheerleader, cheerleader, cowgirl, American football player, daredevil (With his stars and stripes), baseball player... must I go on? To me the 'football' player is just a recolour of the hockey player, and the cheerleder also a relcolour.

OK...Let's see...

American??? With the Bagpiper, Highland Battler, Spartan, Roman, Viking, and many "European" figures???

TLG has made many minifigs from countries all over the world. I don't see why you should complain when TLG just released an entire series exclusive to just England (Team GB), and also has a Royal Guard.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

series 9 could be zombified series 1 (or evil counterparts, or alienated) - that would be interesting ;)

just thinking out loud ;)

I'm getting fonder of these, it would've been nice if Santa had printed boots though.

I saw the back part of the cowgirl's hat, and it made me wish we could get the hairpiece alone with no hat :classic:

The minifigs I dislike the most are the businessman and the cheerleader, I don't even feel like buying them just for the "useful parts" part.

Edited by Otherworld

Has anyone found these in the US yet? If so where?

No sightings yet. We will probably start seeing 'em in late August/early September. That's fine, since I'm only halfway done with Series 7 and I'm missing only the Statue of Liberty of Series 6. :grin: