Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I find it kind of funny that this thread was created because people kept getting off topic in S7 thread, yet nearly this entire thread is arguments about when and why the theme will end.

Yeah, we need something to discuss other than the black pakaging.

Yeah, we need something to discuss other than the black pakaging.

Well, I did find

. Ugh. This would be awful if it happened. And that they'll still be $2.99. Edited by JackJonespaw

Well, I did find

. Ugh. This would be awful if it happened. And that they'll still be $2.99.

:sick: Good thing that will never happen as TLG only uses the "flesh" color on figs for licensed themes.

Well, I did find

I hope that will never happen. I think it most likely won't but you can never know for sure.

I find it kind of funny that this thread was created because people kept getting off topic in S7 thread, yet nearly this entire thread is arguments about when and why the theme will end.

I would say it is semi on topic due to the fact that when Series 5 came out, Series 6,7 and 8 were already confirmed but since then we hadn't gotten any further updates past Series 8 so speculation on whether this is the last is reasonable.

I would say it is semi on topic due to the fact that when Series 5 came out, Series 6,7 and 8 were already confirmed but since then we hadn't gotten any further updates past Series 8 so speculation on whether this is the last is reasonable.

Actually, over the summer I got news from a Master Builder that there will most likely be a series 9.

I certainly can't see it running for years and years at 3 waves a year as it currently stands. Eventually they'll likely release a bum wave and the bubble will burst. Absolutely nothing lasts forever, fashions and trends change. Unthinkable as it is at this juncture.

I think it's a bit improbable for the collectible figs to just go "out-of-fashion" so easily, though. The minifigure itself has lasting appeal, and similar collectibles like Pokemon cards have had a great deal of staying power even when for a long time they seemed to be just a passing fad.

I don't really expect the collectible minifigures to end anytime in the near future unless for some reason the price of producing them at their typical quality becomes too costly to charge a price people are willing to pay-- because the cost of production is the main area in which the collectible minifigures surely have a disadvantage compared to perennial blind-packaged products like collectible trading cards.

If we see another fig in Series 8 that is either Greek or Roman in nature, then I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that TLG is preparing to launch some sort of Roman or Hellenistic line in the near future. In theory it makes sense-- for example, they throw a Celt warrior into Series 6 and can gauge the reactions of kids and fanboys alike.

Personally, I'd love to see them do a Centaur. If third parties like BrickArms can produce the body, then surely TLG can as well.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Well, I did find

I second your Ugh. TLG is not going to do non-licensed figs in flesh tones, especially since there are a good four or five different colors in the current palette that could be called "realistic skin color," and having to choose a race for each fig would be a minefield they would not want or need to enter.

As for the discussion of if/when the line will end - I don't see any reason it should (at least any time soon), though the rumored black packaging seems... foreboding. It would seem to suggest, though, that TLG doesn't necessarily plan on always using kid-friendly bright colors for the bags, so maybe in the future we'll see, I don't know, Sand Green packaging? Dark Red?

I second your Ugh. TLG is not going to do non-licensed figs in flesh tones, especially since there are a good four or five different colors in the current palette that could be called "realistic skin color," and having to choose a race for each fig would be a minefield they would not want or need to enter.

As for the discussion of if/when the line will end - I don't see any reason it should (at least any time soon), though the rumored black packaging seems... foreboding. It would seem to suggest, though, that TLG doesn't necessarily plan on always using kid-friendly bright colors for the bags, so maybe in the future we'll see, I don't know, Sand Green packaging? Dark Red?

Good point about the difficulty of choosing skin tones for minifigs. I didn't really think lego would stop using yellow for the CMF line but that makes me feel even more certain. With licensed figs the skin tone isn't really Lego's choice so they don't have to worry too much about controversy.

As far as black pakaging, I think black is a good color for kids, well boys especially. I loved black when I was a kid. I think bright colors are mostly required for kids who are too young for CMFs anyway, however most bold colors including black and red always apealed to me as a kid. Going forward though, it may be hard to find bold colors that haven't been used. Purple seems like the only big one left and I'm not sure if they will use that since it seems like I see more boys buying these than girls. I would love to see sand green and dark red. We'll probably see more shades of blue and green. Too bad I probably won't get brown or tan any time soon. Maybe metallic colors like gold and silver will show up.

Good point about the difficulty of choosing skin tones for minifigs. I didn't really think lego would stop using yellow for the CMF line but that makes me feel even more certain. With licensed figs the skin tone isn't really Lego's choice so they don't have to worry too much about controversy.

As far as black pakaging, I think black is a good color for kids, well boys especially. I loved black when I was a kid. I think bright colors are mostly required for kids who are too young for CMFs anyway, however most bold colors including black and red always apealed to me as a kid. Going forward though, it may be hard to find bold colors that haven't been used. Purple seems like the only big one left and I'm not sure if they will use that since it seems like I see more boys buying these than girls. I would love to see sand green and dark red. We'll probably see more shades of blue and green. Too bad I probably won't get brown or tan any time soon. Maybe metallic colors like gold and silver will show up.

To go with Purple, there could be a more darker green, grey, darker red, very dark blue and others. This line is like the minifig packs from the early 2000's but better, endless fig concepts, endless series numbers, and endless color packaging schemes. :drool:

Purple is fine. Space Police III and Ninjago made use of purple, and those are very much "boy's themes".

As long as it is dark, it is fine.

Purple is fine. Space Police III and Ninjago made use of purple, and those are very much "boy's themes".

As long as it is dark, it is fine.

Actually you're all forgetting Green.

S3 is Lime, Green has not been used.

Actually you're all forgetting Green.

S3 is Lime, Green has not been used.

Good point. We still need a basic green and pink...

Just had a revelation today-- Series 7 we'll be getting Little Red Riding Hood, right?

So then, it would come as no surprise if we got the WOLF in GRANDMA's CLOTHING in Series 8. There, I predicted it.

Well, I did find

I would go crazy if this actually happened. :grin:

Even if it did happen, as mentioned, they would at least be $4-$5 a pop. :hmpf:

Personally, I'd love to see them do a Centaur. If third parties like BrickArms can produce the body, then surely TLG can as well.

I would love to see a centaur, also, but it would be too expensive for the small price of one minifig. It might also be too big.

I want the NORMAL yellow skin..or lego don't have my money...say that....I hope they continue this seires for more time, i like it!!! can't wait to have the series 7 and see the new series 8!!!!

I wonder if the Series 8 are going to be shown at Sunday's NY Toy Fair?

I imagine they will be, although I seem to remember last year they had Series 3, 4, and 5 at the German Toy Fair, and this year they only had Series 6. I was surprised they didn't at least have Series 7 this year. But hopefully they'll have both 7 and 8 at the New York Toy Fair.

I imagine they will be, although I seem to remember last year they had Series 3, 4, and 5 at the German Toy Fair, and this year they only had Series 6. I was surprised they didn't at least have Series 7 this year. But hopefully they'll have both 7 and 8 at the New York Toy Fair.

I'm thinking that too.

I believe they will show only S7. When is it?