thire5

[MOC] ARC-170 starfighter (Instructions)

Here it comes ...... :sweet:

donwload link:

www.ulozto.net/xUZQ6vP/arc-170-instructions-pdf

part list on my brickshelf (.txt and .bsx files)

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=497400

Thanks for support!

Note this instructions are for free, but I would appreciate any kind of donation (my PayPal: thire@seznam.cz).

Thank you!

Wow :drool:, the ARC looks 100% even more incredible now! I'll try build this for myself if I can get the bricks.

Here it comes ...... :sweet:

I downloaded the instructions last night and let me say, Bravo! Very easy to follow and just tons and tons of detail. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

Is this minifig scale?

Anyone wanna build a pick-a-brick list for this MOC? Will definitely drop something in the donation box if I ever get around to buying and building it.

This is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous. Also great work on the instructions. They're very clear and I think it is very nice of you to put so much work in these instructions for others. I hope I can build it somewhere in the future (when I have the money to buy 4300 bricks on Bricklink). Keep up the good work!

Edited by mcbbvb

Thank you :classic:

The engines, the mechanics for the wings opening and closing, and nose are, IMO, awesome. Lots of pieces to achieve those shapes! Lots of trial and error, too, I assume?!

Well, the build process itself was fluent, more difficult was keep the exact shape. I spend a lot of time measuring proportions of original model.

Is this minifig scale?

The scale is 1:24 (minifig scale is something around 1:48)

Hello everyone. :classic:

I was amazed by thire5's magnificent UCS-scale ARC-170 Starfighter the first time I saw it here on EB. The attention to detail was brilliant, as was the MOC itself. When I saw the instructions posted above I could not resist having a go at building this creation myself.

thire5 has kindly given me permission to post my modified version of his creation here, which I constructed using LEGO Digital Designer.

It has been modified to fit in with my own clone trooper unit, the 24th Defence Regiment, which uses lime green as its signature colour, as some of you who know me may be aware of already.

Those who know me may also know that I like to create clone troopers using Microsoft Paint, and so first of all I present my clone trooper pilot, Condor Leader, more commonly known as Condor, leader of Condor Squadron, a fighter squadron aboard the 24th's Venator-class cruiser, the Entity.

condor.jpg

And now for the main attraction: his ship itself, Condor One...

arc170_starfighter_01.png

arc170_starfighter_02.png

arc170_starfighter_03.png

arc170_starfighter_04.png

LXF File

All credit for the design of the ship itself of course goes to thire5, though this model is not exactly the same, mostly due to the limitations of LDD. It most likely cannot be built completely with real parts.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking. :classic:

Note this instructions are for free, but I would appreciate any kind of donation (my PayPal: thire@seznam.cz).

Thank you!

Next time I'm going to make instructions to my Terminator :classic:

I will donate alot for the T-800 instruction! It looks so cool!

Keep up the good work.

Hello again :classic:

I uploaded ARC-170 on CUUSOO. If you like this model, you can support it here:

lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17002

Registration is necessary, but it's easy and it takes about one minute.

Thank you for time and support :sweet:

Can't believe I didn't notice this awesome model earlier, I accidentally stumbled accross it on Rebrickable, and I just had to built it! :grin:

img_4784.jpg

Lots more pictures on my Brickshelf...

I made some updates of the instructions, correct mistakes, etc.

DEMO version:

Check this post on flickr. To obtain full version, please, contract me on my email thire@seznam.cz to get the download link.

Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6703/thire5/ucs-arc-170-starfighter/

6902431835_467b9ec1e3.jpg

Edited by thire5
fixed links

Can't believe I didn't notice this awesome model earlier, I accidentally stumbled accross it on Rebrickable, and I just had to built it! :grin:

Lots more pictures on my Brickshelf...

Curious to know how much this cost to build and the dimensions of it. Can you provide?

Absolutely no clue... I already had most of the pieces so it's hard to tell... I've already broken down the model so I'm not sure how big it was. The table I took the pictures on is 90x180cm so I guess the width of the model was about 80-85 cm.

Edited by Therion

Incredible work! I love the Arc 170, such a cool fighter. It is definitely one UCS I would love to have.

Absolutely no clue... I already had most of the pieces so it's hard to tell... I've already broken down the model so I'm not sure how big it was. The table I took the pictures on is 90x180cm so I guess the width of the model was about 80-85 cm.

What color pieces did you use for the yelllow or light blue? I notice in his parts list he doesn't have light blue pieces where his instructions show it. It isn't light bluish gray pieces either on the ones I have checked. Did he make the light bluish gray pieces to be white on his parts list? I am confused on this. I am going to be altering the colors from white red and green to be white blue and orange(College colors) and need to clear this up first before I start getting everything into bricklink. Thx.

Wow - great model and MOC's (this, Venator, T-800...)

Serious respect for sharing with the community your instructions for free - a proper stand-up guy you seem to be :D

Curious to know how much this cost to build and the dimensions of it. Can you provide?

I just order all the pieces for this model and the total was $447.28. I also re-worked the model in LDD. Thire 5's original model has 4312 pieces, mine has 4436. I'm not sure about the dimensions yet.

What color pieces did you use for the yelllow or light blue? I notice in his parts list he doesn't have light blue pieces where his instructions show it. It isn't light bluish gray pieces either on the ones I have checked. Did he make the light bluish gray pieces to be white on his parts list? I am confused on this. I am going to be altering the colors from white red and green to be white blue and orange(College colors) and need to clear this up first before I start getting everything into bricklink. Thx.

I "borrowed" your idea of using college colors and made mine Blue and Maize (yellow). I'm nicknaming my "Wolverine Squadron".

If you follow Thire 5's instructions the yellow and light blue pieces can be any color you want. They are not visible in the final model.

arc170_starfighter_new.jpg

It just started building mine, so I can post more pics later.

Jamie

I would really love to get started on this build too! But bricklinking the bricks would set me back about US$1.4k due to the fact that I live on the opposite side of the world...

One day... one day!

Hi, sorry for opening, but after some notices I've re-uploaded the file with instructions, also put it on dropbox! Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox....ctions.pdf?dl=0

www.ulozto.net/xUZQ6vP/arc-170-instructions-pdf

6902431835_467b9ec1e3.jpg

What part did you use for the back canopy? I can't find this part anywhere that doesn't have the printed sticker on there. It is part 30633pb04.

Does anyone know a way to remove a printed part sticker?

What part did you use for the back canopy? I can't find this part anywhere that doesn't have the printed sticker on there. It is part 30633pb04.

Does anyone know a way to remove a printed part sticker?

I used one that had a "Brick" printed on it. Bricklink is running really slow right now and won't let me pull up a pic.

It is about 3 feet wide, wing tip to wing tip. 2 feet long, front to back. About 10 inches high with the base.

Hope this helps, Jamie

I used one that had a "Brick" printed on it. Bricklink is running really slow right now and won't let me pull up a pic.

It is about 3 feet wide, wing tip to wing tip. 2 feet long, front to back. About 10 inches high with the base.

Hope this helps, Jamie

I didn't realize how big this thing was. Shoot. Might be too big of a thing for me to put in my office. I thought it was about a foot wide. Makes sense though when I look at the size of the canopy piece that I just got.

Yeah, the size took me by surprise as well. I knew it was big, but, didn't think it was that big. It is the size of the ISD. But, like you said, we should have known with the size of the canopy. Just looking at it on my computer screen in LDD, didn't do it justice. Build it, you will be happy you did.

Jamie

Yeah, the size took me by surprise as well. I knew it was big, but, didn't think it was that big. It is the size of the ISD. But, like you said, we should have known with the size of the canopy. Just looking at it on my computer screen in LDD, didn't do it justice. Build it, you will be happy you did.

Jamie

I already had received a few orders, but am having to find the time periodically to make the orders. Been absolutely non stop at work. Hope to have it finished with 4-5 months.