Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Friends Tree House in the Garden

indexed.gif B-OV-21D gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Friends Tree House in the Garden

For PennLUG's January 2012 meeting member Chris Edwards challenged us to build Friends themed MOCs. I only had Olivia's Tree House and Emma's Fashion Design Studio at the time so my Friends part resources were pretty small. I desided to run with the tree house theme and expand on it adding elements from both sets and a healthy dose of my landscaping knowledge. I think I'm reasonably happy with the results.

6752386765_829a52eb04_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/sets/72157629005805977/with/6752386765/

Cale

The pink tree is gorgeous and flower bed works really well with that dense look. A great MOC, you should be pretty impressed with yourself.

This is really nice. Will you share your technique on the pine trees and connecting the Plant Flower 2 x 2 - Rounded (4728) in the garden?

- Michael

The two green pines are just variations on the old #10069 Tree. The dark green and sand green trees are versions of this tree by Ondrew Hardigan which itself was a variation on the #10069.

The 2x2 flowers are actually quite simple. They are just placed over the stalks of the Plant Flower Stem part.

Cale

This is just magnificent.

The way you've done that landscaping makes this, I think - and that (cherry blossom?) tree is superb too. Some of the best brick built foliage I've ever seen :thumbup:

The little birdhouse is a great addition, too. Nice work.

C & C 'Cale'....that's cute and cool at the same time, wonderful tree house and that tree for said house is simply beautiful. :wub:

It's good to start seeing Friend's MOC's.....might try a few myself later in the year. :wink:

Brick On with your Friend's 'Cale' ! :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

That's a great MOC. The garden looks amazing, even though it's a small one. But it has everything - some lovely designed trees, a bunch of different flowers (a combination of classic flowers, 2x2 flowers, Friends flowers and different flower stems is fantastic) and a tree house! *oh2* I can't say what caught my attention the most, but at different time points throughout the day, I kept noticing new details. The sand green roof blends in really nicely, and the camera tripod stands out as well. The ruler on the side from the entrance is a nice addition. All in all, it's a great tree house. In the end, I have to admit that seeing some lovely MOCs with Friends-ladyfigs, makes me like these new ladyfigs more and more. :blush:

Very impressive! I like the landscaping, but that cherry blossom is amazing.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. T be honest I was surprised at how well this was received.

Cale

The two green pines are just variations on the old #10069 Tree. The dark green and sand green trees are versions of this tree by Ondrew Hardigan which itself was a variation on the #10069.

The 2x2 flowers are actually quite simple. They are just placed over the stalks of the Plant Flower Stem part.

Cale

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply with the details. This is a huge help. Nice work.

- Michael

Wow! Your cherry tree is awesome!!! It definitely steals the show!

Was wondering what to do with my built Friends treehouse....this gives me a lot of idea....I never imagined white tree branches, but they work beautifully here.

Many thanks!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Beautiful, but I find it a little bit disturbing that so far most of the biggest Friends MOCs are all done by men...

C'mon girls, this is YOUR theme... impress us! :laugh:

Beautiful. You've just taken the step from MOC to art. The plant-life is stunning...thanks for opening my eyes to the possibilities granted by the Friends theme!

I absolutely love the trees and the flowerbed. I only purchased my first Friends set yesterday and already I'm finding myself wanting to explore the Friends theme even more.