Sign in to follow this  
Nightcruise

MOC: Afterburn

Afterburn was a member of the Terrorcon army during the Galactic War (2356-2367) and was captured by Vapour's Gamma Unit after the defeat of Deviot and his elite forces a month before. He spent fifteen years locked up for his actions in the war. He still had another twenty years left until he would be release, but he was freed early after the prison he was in was raided by Terrorcon rebels. After being liberated, he met with the leader of the rebel unit and joined it. As of 2417, he's Reaper's (Core Hunter) personal spy, often doing scouting missions to gather info on possible targets to attack. One such target was the location that the immobilized Deviot had been locked up at for fifty years. The information from Afterburn was useful to the Reaper's rebel unit to free the former leader of the Terrorcon forces.

Besides being a spy, he's a skilled fighter from being in the Galactic War and he's also fast. While he lost his vehicle mode when he under went the Terrorcon upgrade, he's since modified his body to handle jet features. He's also a master at stealh for being a spy and can become cloak and not be seen by his target's defensive networks nor soldiers.

006-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

With Deviot and Thrax:

001-4.jpg

Notes:

The helmet is from the BO Evo set.

The idea for the figure came back before images of Speeda Demon. I was thinking it be more car like and I had thought it be cool to see a jet theme character.

The name Afterburn is something that stayed with me since 2000. I remember watching the Transformer series Beast Machines and heard the Vehicon general Jetstorm speak it before transforming.

Although I don't like painting LEGO parts, I do think that he looks nice. :thumbup:

I'd love to see anofficial black or silver repaint of this helmet. :wink:

I think he looks pretty good. i'm not so sure about the Evo head, though. I do however like the color scheme, it is pretty cool. overall, a nice MOC, Nightcruise! :sweet:

Edited by 19acomsto