Steiney

9492 TIE Fighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I got lucky, someone at Meijer put these on the shelf a little too early.

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

I'm not really sure what to say as far as reviewing the set, it is a TIE Fighter! And the pictures should speak for themselves.

Out of the Box, it is quite simple, three bags, numbered. Bags #2 and #3 are identical in contents, each containing a wing or foil.

IMG_2785.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

It looks beautiful! I'm definitely going to have to pick up at least 1 of these myself.

I like it! Without a doubt the best TIE to date. However, I feel the price is entirely too high. :sceptic: I will get this, but I might wait until some sales start cropping up.

This TIE is very cool. I am mostly into UCS but I had to buy this - simply because it looks so #! cool! :wub:

I like that Lego has tried to make it look a bit more a real TIE than simply just a toy - using light bley instead of blue :thumbup: + the wing shape and detailing is pretty much spot on (considering the limitations at this size)

Could you post up-close pics of the 'figs by any chance?

6727750121_333984c34c_z.jpg

At Your request... :classic:

Bought this set (and the new X-Wing) last week here in Sweden and for a descent price. Really like both...

If it wasnt for the "Lucas tax" (i.e. Star Wars license fees) making this set so expensive, it would be a very good parts pack IMO.

Also interesting to note: the Death Star Trooper actually has a double sided face. On one side he has the face as seen in the photo, on the other side he has a black visor, comparable to the old Scout Trooper visor (but again with a strap).

I have to admit, this set does seem overpriced, but in hand, the difference between this TIE-Fighter and the older versions is pretty obvious: this one is quite a bit larger and heavier. Not sure if that + the extra figures make up for all of the price difference...

Edited by Alldarker

6727750121_333984c34c_z.jpg

At Your request... :classic:

Bought this set (and the new X-Wing) last week here in Sweden and for a descent price. Really like both...

Thank you! Does the Imperial Navy Trooper have a double-sided head? If so, could you take a pic? And of the back of his helmet too please?

Thanks!

Edited by Legoman273

I can do that when back home from work...

I don't know the price levels regarded as high, but I paid 439 SEK (about $65 US) from a Swedish web-shop. I find it descent considering 1: it is Star Wars and 2: it is Sweden...

Well it appears I have been beaten to the punch with the minifigs pics, but here they are anyways, including a shot of the alt face on the Death Star Trooper.

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

And yes, I am a modeler/wargamer/scratchbuilder of many things plastic.

My regular blog for that stuff is over at Dakka Dakka if anyone is interested. (dsteingass there too)

Main Dakka Blog

Edited by Steiney

Dammit! I am trying to hold off buying one of these until funds become more readily available to me, but every time I see a pic of one, with up close shots makes me want it even more! Brilliant pics =D

Have to say though, not too keen on the rear of the Tie fighter body bubble, it appears too kind of.... 'it'll do' kind of thing... but that's the brilliance of Lego, room for changes =D

Edited by Fuppylodders

well i saw this set, which is the best tie-fighter of the series, imo, in a shop about a week ago and really thought of buying it. then i saw the price: 57 euros! :hmpf_bad:

my guess is it'll be really great as a display model in the living room, but, not being a die hard SW fan, i think i'll get the parts i need from bricklink...

Fantastic!

Since I don't have any of the classic SW ships, this is a must buy for me (along with the new X-Wing). And four minifigs *oh2*?!? Never expected a smaller set like this come with all that.

Edited by Werlu Ulcur

I just ran to Meijer because of this review, but every single SW set was gone. They had places marked for them, prices and all, but the SW shelves were empty. :hmpf_bad:

I love the Death Star Trooper's alternate face, it could also be used as an AT-ST driver face.

I just ran to Meijer because of this review, but every single SW set was gone. They had places marked for them, prices and all, but the SW shelves were empty. :hmpf_bad:

I love the Death Star Trooper's alternate face, it could also be used as an AT-ST driver face.

No, they have the places marked and tagged on the shelves, but they have orders not to put them out until the release date Jan 31st. After we asked an employee if they had any more X-wings, they came and removed all the new sets- said they should not have been put out yet. He let us keep what we had in the cart though ;)

And NO, I did not have any moral issue with running to the checkout with the cart either ;)

Edited by Steiney

Well it appears I have been beaten to the punch with the minifigs pics, but here they are anyways, including a shot of the alt face on the Death Star Trooper.

And yes, I am a modeler/wargamer/scratchbuilder of many things plastic.

My regular blog for that stuff is over at Dakka Dakka if anyone is interested. (dsteingass there too)

Main Dakka Blog

Thank you!

Edited by KielDaMan
Removed unnecessary multiple images in reply.

You are welcome!

$49.99 here. Given the exchange rate, I would assume the sets would be cheaper than the US prices in other countries. Things generally are in my experience.

Edited by Steiney

No, they have the places marked and tagged on the shelves, but they have orders not to put them out until the release date Jan 31st.

How come you guys in the States are getting these so late?

All the new Star Wars kits have been on the shelves here in the UK for nearly a month already.

How come you guys in the States are getting these so late?

All the new Star Wars kits have been on the shelves here in the UK for nearly a month already.

I dunno, that is our release date. I'm sure it had to do with the supply chain though. Staggering logistics globally to get new releases to the entire world doesn't just happen by accident ;)

I dunno, that is our release date. I'm sure it had to do with the supply chain though. Staggering logistics globally to get new releases to the entire world doesn't just happen by accident ;)

Sorry, I should probably clarify, they've been on the shelves of the Lego store for nearly a month, not normal retailer shelves.

My apologies.