Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#21: Family History

Are you sure? my darkness elemental magic is effective against humanoids after all, I believe that a Shield by me would end the battle.

Sarick whips his tail at the enemy to send them back once again. "That is true Amorith, if you were able to attack all of the enemies at once with your darkness magic then they'd run for saftey. But the time travel has affected all our abilities somehow. None of usss have done major damage yet except Octavian, possibly due to the fact that he has more experience with traveling through time than we do. This time travel effect may cause you to expend magic from a different gem instead. If you revive Lord Boomingham back to consciousness then we'll have his shield once again to rally behind. I believe thisss is our best option."

Edited by Xarrzan

Guard Battle Round 6:

Octavian vs. Head Porthiar Guard- Hit

Sarick vs. Secondary Guard B- Shield

Nerwen Heals Amorith- Heal More

Amorith Uses Phoenix Essence on Boomingham

Boomingham vs. Porthiar Guard A- Critical Hit

The round begins in a much better manner than previously with Octavian shaving some health (-13) off of the Head Guard. Sarick, decidedly fed up with this battle, unleashes a magic burst on his foes, dealing 13 damage to all enemies. Nerwen calls upon her deity and heals Amorith for 18 points, restoring him completely. Amorith revives Boomingham with a phoenix essence, who promptly jumps up and deals a vengeful critical hit to the first guard, dealing 33 damage and lopping off the poor man's head. Guards B, C, and D recover from their shock, and deal five damage to Octavian, Sarick, and Nerwen. Five enemies remain. The battle continues.

Enemies:

Head Porthiar Guard

Type: Humanoid

Level: 12

Health: 14/80

Special: Reinforcements- The head guard summons another guard to battle

Drops: Dragon Shield (SP: 6)

Porthiar Guard B

Level: 10

Health: 37/50

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of row.

Drops: 10 gold.

Porthiar Guard C

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of row.

Porthiar Guard D

Secondary Porthiar Guard B

Level: 6

Health: 17/30

Special: Quick Stab- The guard lunges in, dealing 7 damage regardless of row.

Drops: 5 gold.

The Party:

Sarick Lanse (Played by Xarrzan) *Party Leader*

Level 7 Mage

Power: 13

Health: 6/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 35

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal Gem (Ice), Topaz Gem(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (Played by Chromeknight)

Level 6 Cleric

Power: 12

Health: 4/13

Ether: 8/10

Gold: 25

Inventory: Peace(Hammer WP:6), Wooden Staff(WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher)

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Power: 24

Health: 35/35

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 75

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers) Level 12 MagePower: 19 (18+1)Health: 16/16Ether: 16/16Gold: 204Inventory: Dual staff (WP: 8) damages 2 enemies in one hit equipped, Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), diamond (light), amethyst (darkness), 7 potions, 9 tonics, 3 remedies, 1 elixir, 3 nostrums, 3 mead, holy bomb, ice bomb, smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones jo-no tree seed

6757242623_009fb23620_t.jpg

Octavian Ziegfried (NPC)Level 13 Zieg-barian

Type: HumanoidHealth: 34/60Special: Inhuman Rage- Octavian goes into a terrifying rage, killing one enemy and halving the health of another.Drops: Barbarian sword (WP: 6)

I will attack from the back row with darnkess magic and direct it at Secondary Porthiar Guard B.

OOC: Why the name change?

"Great attack Octavian. Glad you had that essence Amorith. Impressive healing Nerwen. Nice to have you back up Lord Boomingham." Sarick focuses his energy again to attack Porthiar Guard B from the back row with his frost magic.

Battle Order:

Boomingham

Amorith

Sarick

Nerwen

Octavian

Nyx

Boomingham drags himself to his feet and smiles a huge grin.

"This battle is a breeze. Once, in the war, the Orcish war, my men and I were surrounded, and the enemies were clearly better armed than us, and they outnumbered us, though of course, we were more dashing and cunning than they. They got cocky, and they made the mistake of taking their victory for granted. My men didn't want to lose, so what we did was, well, we kept at it. Sir Richard, hell of a chap, he lost an arm and a foot, and they left him for dead and kept moving in, trying to totally encircle us. He waited for them to pass by and then pushed himself back up, using his remaining hand, and stabbed three of them in the back. They turned back to face him, giving us their backs, and we cut the rest of them up. We made it out of the circle. Sir Richard bled out later... but that was some battle."

"Point is, I've seen worse. I don't think we're even close to a lose."

Boomingham picks the King of the Desert off of where it had fallen to the ground, and swings, with great show, at Porthiar Guard B from the front row. "I'd say I've killed your descendants, chappo, only I won't give you the chance to have any."

Just waiting on Chromeknight. Sorry for the delay.

Just waiting on Chromeknight. Sorry for the delay.

Nerwen heals Octavian

sorry guys, rl is busy atm, I am around but not as able to answer as I'd like.

Round 7 Guard Battle:

Boomingham vs. Guard B- Miss

Amorith vs. Secondary Guard B- Miss

Sarick vs. Guard B- Miss

Nerwen Heals Octavian- No Heal

Octavian vs. Guard C- Damage

The next round of battle begins. Boomingham, high off of his success from the previous battle, misses his target. Amorith's bolt of dark energy goes straight over the head of his target, as does Sarick's bolt of white. Nerwen fails to heal Octavian, who then gets hit by the third guard for 10 damage. The head guard scores a hit on Boomingham (-6), while the Fourth guard scores a hit on Amorith (-5). Five enemies remain. The battle continues.

The Enemies:

Head Porthiar Guard

Level: 12

Health: 14/80

Special: Reinforcements- The head guard summons another guard to battle

Drops: Dragon Shield (SP: 6)

Porthiar Guard B

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of SP or row.

Porthiar Guard C

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of SP or row.

Porthiar Guard D

Secondary Porthiar Guard B

Level: 6

Health: 17/30

Special: Quick Stab- The guard lunges in, dealing 7 damage regardless of row.

Drops: 5 gold.

The Party:

Sarick Lanse (Played by Xarrzan) *Party Leader*

Level 7 Mage

Power: 13

Health: 6/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 35

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal Gem (Ice), Topaz Gem(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (Played by Chromeknight)

Level 6 Cleric

Power: 12

Health: 4/13

Ether: 8/10

Gold: 25

Inventory: Peace(Hammer WP:6), Wooden Staff(WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Power: 24

Health: 29/35

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 12 Mage

Power: 19 (18+1)

Health: 11/16

Gold: 204

Inventory: Dual staff (WP: 8) damages 2 enemies in one hit equipped, Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), diamond (light), amethyst (darkness), 7 potions, 9 tonics, 3 remedies, 1 elixir, 3 nostrums, 3 mead, holy bomb, ice bomb, smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones jo-no tree seed

6757242623_009fb23620_t.jpg

Octavian Ziegfried (NPC)Level 13 Zieg-barian

Health: 24/60

Special: Inhuman Rage- Octavian goes into a terrifying rage, killing one enemy and halving the health of another.

Drops: Barbarian sword (WP: 6)

You're using the wrong dice!

Nerwen drew a deep breath. It seemed that the power of the elven deities had left her. surely it could not be so. Perhaps she was not completely focused. Stilling her thoughts and settling her mind, Nerwen heals Octavian again.

"You must understand that time travel throws you for a loop. Don't be discouraged, any one of you!"

Boomingham attacks the Head Guard from the Back Row with his King of the Desert.

Sarick's spell fizzled once again. His cold energy was definitely affected by the time travel. He sighed heavily. Sarick was an ice mage, dropping the temperature around his enemies to slow their reactions and attacks was his strategy. That was the only magic element he liked or wanted to use but he needed a new tactic. Sarick squared his shoulders, puffed out his chest, and grabbed his topaz gem. Sarick attacked Porthiar Guard B from the back row with a lightning spell.

Battle Order:

Boomingham vs. Head Porthiar Guard

Amorith vs. Secondary Porthiar Guard B

Sarick vs. Porthiar Guard B

Nerwen vs. Octavian

Octavian vs. Porthiar Guard C [Front Row]

Nyx

6844385667_9275d18ee0_m.jpg

The sound of a staff clangs on the ground. The combatants stop fighting and look up at the balcony.

"That's quite enough death. Soon enough, we won't have a guard force. Send your best fighter to fight me. We'll settle this that way."

Sarick released the magic energy he was channeling. The electricity arcing through his fingers made them numb. "I am not a fan of this gem. I'll stick with ice and will need to find a way to get rid of it when I get back to the hall." Sarick motioned for the group to huddle up while still keeping an eye on the guards. He addressed the group.

"Lord Boomingham, I feel you have quite a bit of energy. Could your angle friend heal yourself, Nerwen and Octavian? I also feel you have the best chance of beating thisss masked stranger in a one on one fight. We are standing by in case he decides to pull a viper's strike." Sarick looked at his teammate's confused faces. "Ah, I mean in case he decidesss to pull a trick of some sort."

I agree, Boomingham should go.

OOC: Will we still get XP from this battle, we have lost a lot of items such as phoenix essences and it felt like we were quite close to victory.

Depends on the outcome. If your champion wins, you all gain experience from two battles. If he loses, then it's quest failed. I was going to explain this when the battle began...

Boomingham grins.

"Barty, hop to it boy, you heard the serpent. Patch me up, and then deal with the elf and Octavian... if you must."

Boomingham dusts himself off as Barty hovers around him, healing him.

"You're weak. Is this the best time to go it alone?"

"I've been alone for twenty-something years. Why not now. I... I wish I could think of something heroic to say."

"Don't screw everyone over."

"Thanks sunshine."

Barty darts off to heal the others and Boomingham steps forward to meet the masked individual. He offers his hand, and uses his diplomacy.

"I accept your challenge, but I feel it is only fair to warn you of who I am. Two hundred and fifty years into the future, about, I will lead an army that will kill countless trolls and orcs and save many, many lives. Five hundred years into the future, I will be a King in a foreign land who serves the righteous and destroys those who stand in my path. I am a member of the Paladin order, and I serve no god. I don't know if the Paladin Order even exists yet, but they're a scary bunch, believe you me. I can feel my drunkenness leaving my body as I have once more forgotten to pack booze. You must fear me. I am Lord Lawrence Boomingham, King for for now over five hundred years. Fight me if you must, but there is no question that you will lose."

Boomingham grins.

"Barty, hop to it boy, you heard the serpent. Patch me up, and then deal with the elf and Octavian... if you must."

Boomingham dusts himself off as Barty hovers around him, healing him.

"You're weak. Is this the best time to go it alone?"

"I've been alone for twenty-something years. Why not now. I... I wish I could think of something heroic to say."

"Don't screw everyone over."

"Thanks sunshine."

Barty darts off to heal the others and Boomingham steps forward to meet the masked individual. He offers his hand, and uses his diplomacy.

As the guards withdraw, dragging the bodies of their fallen companions, Nerwen slumps against a wall.

The sepia tone of the world was distracting, making things seem flatter, less defined. It made it harder to concentrate, harder to summon the focus to draw on the powers of the gods.

The small angelic figure that had been Lord Boomingham's constant companion darted over towards her. His brief dialogue had been the first words she'd heard him speak. His voice sounded... familiar.

Thank you Barty. Bartolimaeus I presume?

Nerwen streteched her tired limbs and looked around. Noting the changes in her questmates. Particularly Sarick. Since he had shed the human like disguise she had first met him in and returned to his natural visage he seemed... well, colder. More alien. Perhaps he simply showing his real self rather than a mask. The other mage, Marvolo, had been very focused in the battle, but now outside it he seemed a little lost.

And Lord Boomingham, with seemingly boundless confidence had stepped up to challenge the figure on the balcony. There was no way to help him now. Even if she did have anything that he might be able to put to use. The quest hung in the balance.

Boomingham waits for his challenger to step forward, and as he does so, he downs a mead.

Barty, meanwhile, buzzes by Nerwan.

"Ha! Barty is not my true name. That silly man, Boomingham, assigned me it. Bartholomew. Bartholomew Boomingham... what a silly name."

OoC: Chromeknight, if you have ideas for Barty, go ahead and PM them to me! I don't want to step on your ideas, but I don't want to step on my ideas for Barty yet either. Tell me what you're thinking, and I'm sure I can make it work! :thumbup:

The battle had been an exhausting one, he had been knocked out and didn't land a single hit.

He goes up to talk to Nerwen.

"Time travel was a 'unique' experience. We were very much addled by it, we could barely fight at all! My prayers to our makers Galadria and Celebryon must have been affected by the time travel."

"I am glad to see another elf at all like me in Heroica. The elves I have seen are different from any I have met."

Amorith realised he had not introduced himself. The sight of another elf intrigued him but he also, strangely, found himself excited. He forced himself to calm down and start from the beginning.

"Sorry, let me introduce myself. I am Amorith Marvelo a mage from Waldurk forrest. I lived there through the Orcish wars and for hundreds of years after but recently I saw Galadrya and Celebryon in a dream and the asked me to leave and travel here. I did as they instructed and found Heroica.

What is your story?"

Sorry guys, I've just been out with a slight sports injury and haven't been able to bring myself to do this. I'll try to get this quest going a bit faster from here on end. BTW, feel free to commentate on Crozen and Boomingham's battle while it's going. Cheer him on, boo Crozen... Just do whatever you want. :grin:

Crozen gave Boomingham a look of ill-disguised contempt, then let out an evil twinkly laugh.

6844385667_9275d18ee0_m.jpg

"Trolls and Orcs, eh? You make me laugh tin boy. I have killed dragons. Nagas like your friend over there. The northern Cyclopses. I have even subdued to Ox of Dil! I am the last of the D'Morgan line of dark sorcerers! I am stronger than even the gods themselves! So have at thee, Paladin! We shall see if your healing powers can best the power of the darkest sorceress in the known world!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!!

The Enemy:

6844385667_9275d18ee0_t.jpg

Crozen Porthiar

Level: 20

Health: 200/200

Special 1: Fire Sweep- Crozen sweeps her staff, and deals 15 damage, regardless of SP or row.

Special 2: Dark Sorcery- Crozen summons an undead minion to battle. (Note: All minions disappear once Crozen is defeated)

Drops: 200 Ancient Gold Pieces (Note: Worth 400 present day)

The Hero:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Power: 24 48

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, Mead, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

"You ready Barty?!" Boomingham lunges at his enemy from the front row with the King of the Desert.

Results of Round 1:

Boomingham vs. Crozen- Shield

Boomingham rushes at Crozen. Barty, however, stops him short, and wags a finger at him. "Not without my blessing first!" Crozen cringes back from the apparition, but regains her composure for round two.

The Enemy:

6844385667_9275d18ee0_t.jpg

Crozen Porthiar

Level: 20

Health: 200/200

Special 1: Fire Sweep- Crozen sweeps her staff, and deals 15 damage, regardless of SP or row.

Special 2: Dark Sorcery- Crozen summons an undead minion to battle. (Note: All minions disappear once Crozen is defeated

Drops: 200 Ancient Gold Pieces (Note: Worth 400 present day)

The Hero:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Power: 24 48

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, Mead, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed