Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#21: Family History

Enemies:

Porthiar Guard A

Type: Humanoid

Level: 10

Health: 50/50

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of row.

Drops: 10 gold.

Nerwen gestures at Guard A, suggesting he should try his luck.

Nerwen attacks guard A from the back row.

In the special I think you mean anarchic = crazy/unpredictable, rather than archaic = old. If you do mean the latter, don't forget that Boomingham and I trained in combat a long time ago and might not be as easily wrong footed by style.

Also just confirming, If I suffer a special damage, my skill has a chance of blocking the confusion and damage or only the confusion?

In the special I think you mean anarchic = crazy/unpredictable, rather than archaic = old. If you do mean the latter, don't forget that Boomingham and I trained in combat a long time ago and might not be as easily wrong footed by style.

Also just confirming, If I suffer a special damage, my skill has a chance of blocking the confusion and damage or only the confusion?

No, I mean "archaic". You guys may be old, but this is happening about 500 years in the past.

No, I mean "archaic". You guys may be old, but this is happening about 500 years in the past.

500 years! No wonder it's in sepia then! Colour hadn't been invented yet!

And just so it's not an entirely OT post.

Come on Lord Boomingham! Show that second guard a good time!

"I apologize, time travel seems to have thrown my head for a loop. What an unwelcome welcoming. Guard B, let's dance." Boomingham unsheathes his first sword, King of the Desert, and swings it at his opponent from the front row.

Guard Battle Round 1

Boomingham vs. Porthiar Guard B- Miss

Amorith vs. Head Porthiar Guard- Miss

Sarick vs. Porthiar Guard C- Damage

Newren vs. Porthiar Guard A- Damage

The battle begins. Boomingham starts the round of battle off poorly with a mighty swing-and-a-miss. Amorith follows suit with a spell, missing his guard by a mile. The battle deteriorates further when the third guard scores a hit on Sarick, dealing five damage. The first guard follows suit with a mighty lunge on Nerwen, dealing five damage. Four enemies remain. The battle continues.

Enemies:

Head Porthiar Guard

Level: 12

Health: 80/80

Special: Reinforcements- The head guard summons another guard to battle.

Drops: Dragon Shield (SP: 6)

Porthiar Guard A

Special: Deadly Arc- The guard's archaic fighting style confuses the target and deals 15 damage regardless of row.

Porthiar Guard B

Porthiar Guard C

The Party:

rsz_img_2161.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Played by Xarrzan) *Party Leader*

Level 7 Mage

Power: 13

Health: 6/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 35

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal Gem (Ice), Topaz Gem(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (Played by Chromeknight)

Level 6 Cleric

Power: 12

Health: 8/13

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 25

Inventory: Peace(Hammer WP:6), Wooden Staff(WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher)

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Power: 24

Health: 35/35

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 75

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 12 Mage

Power: 19 (18+1)

Health: 16/16

Gold: 204

Inventory: Dual staff (WP: 8) damages 2 enemies in one hit equipped, Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), diamond (light), amethyst (darkness), 7 potions, 9 tonics, 3 remedies, Phoenix Essence, 1 elixir, 3 nostrums, 3 mead, holy bomb, ice bomb, smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones jo-no tree seed

Sorry for the crappy rolls, guys!

OOC: Nerwen and Sarick should receive only 5 damage since they were standing in the backrow.

"Looksss like their techniques are more advanced than I would have thought. How about this strategy. Lord Boomingham and Amorith both attack the Head Porthair Guard. Nerwen attacks Guard A and I attack Guard B. We'll focusss on the most dangerous enemy. I believe Lord Boomingham can shurg off a hit from Guard C." Sarick attacks Guard B with an ice spell from the back row.

Battle Order:

Boomingham

Amorith

Sarick

Nerwen

Nyx

"Shield at the ready, sir." Boomingham lunges at Head Porthiar Guard. He did not know who to keep his eyes on. The snake-like mage seemed intelligent enough, which could be dangerous, but he was a commanding officer, and to be followed for the time being. The Zeigfried mage was not lifting a finger to help the heroes, and Boomingham distrusted him terribly. Barty was hovering near-by, still darting around nervously, and, of course, there were the angry men with swords directly in front of him.

OOC: Chromknight has not posted in over 24 hrs. I shall decide Nerwen's battle action.

"Nerwen, we have not taken too much damage. Attack Guard A from the back row."

Guard Battle Round 2

Boomingham vs. Head Porthiar Guard - Miss

Amorith vs. Head Porthiar Guard - Special Damage

Sarick vs. Porthiar Guard B- Damage

Newren vs. Porthiar Guard A- Critical Ht

The round begins poorly with Boomingham missing his his target again. The battle gets worse when the Head guard hollers for help, and another guard runs up. Sarick is smacked in the face by the butt of the second guard's sword, dealing 5 damage, reducing the leader to near-death. Nerwen finally decides that she's tired of these guards, and scores a critical hit on the first guard, dealing 18 damage. The third guard, seeing that no one has attacked him, lunges and scores a hit on Boomingham, dealing five damage. Five enemies remain, and the battle continues. to get worse.

Enemies:

Head Porthiar Guard

Special: Reinforcements- The head guard summons another guard to battle

Porthiar Guard A

Health: 32/50

Porthiar Guard B

Porthiar Guard C

Porthiar Guard D

The Party:

rsz_img_2161.jpg

Level 7 Mage

Health: 1/11

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal Gem (Ice), Topaz Gem(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

ava-nerwen.jpg

Level 6 Cleric

Health: 8/13

Inventory: Peace(Hammer WP:6), Wooden Staff(WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Health: 30/35

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

Level 12 Mage

Health: 16/16

Inventory: Dual staff (WP: 8) damages 2 enemies in one hit equipped, Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), diamond (light), amethyst (darkness), 7 potions, 9 tonics, 3 remedies, Phoenix Essence, 1 elixir, 3 nostrums, 3 mead, holy bomb, ice bomb, smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones jo-no tree seed

6757242623_009fb23620_m.jpg

"Enough is enough! I'll help you fight these guards off."

Octavian has joined the battle!

6757242623_009fb23620_t.jpg

Octavian Ziegfried (NPC)

Level 13 Zieg-barian

Health: 60/60

Special: Inhuman Rage- Octavian goes into a terrifying rage, killing one enemy and halving the health of another.

Drops: Barbarian sword (WP: 6)

OOC: Did you roll a shield or a critcal hit? What is listed is a shield and Nerwen is a cleric. If she gets a shield then she casts a Miracle and heals the whole party for the power of her critical attack at no cost to her ether. After that (unfortunately) Boomingham would be down 10hp to 25/35hp instead of his current listed health of 35/35. Even though this is grim I'm still enjoying the quest.

Sarick staggers back from another hit. He has underestimated these guards too much.

If Sarick is at 1hp he shall drink a potion.

If Sarick is at full health he shall attack guard B from the back row with an ice spell.

"Glad you could pitch in Octavian."

"It seemsss a little late but maybe you could speak to them Lord Boomingham in a diplomatic manner."

Battle Order:

Octavian vs Guard C

Boomingham

Amorith

Sarick vs Guard B

Nerwen

Nyx

OOC: Did you roll a shield or a critcal hit? What is listed is a shield and Nerwen is a cleric. If she gets a shield then she casts a Miracle and heals the whole party for the power of her critical attack at no cost to her ether. After that (unfortunately) Boomingham would be down 10hp to 25/35hp instead of his current listed health of 35/35. Even though this is grim I'm still enjoying the quest.

Sorry, I forgot to change his health. :facepalm:

It was indeed a critical hit.

Boomingham turns to Sarick. "Sir, I am all for diplomacy, but I'm thinking we may be a little late in that department." Besides, mages are never to be trusted, and those warriors employed by them... Boomingham catches the irony and doesn't finish the thought. "Again, sir." Boomingham, still using the King of the Desert, stabs at Head Porthiar Guard again from the front row. "I'm glad that you decided to join the battle, Octavian."

Someone needs to take control of Octavian. And remember; if Octavian dies, you fail the quest.

sorry guys, thought I had posted my action.

Nerwen lifts her hammer to strike at the guard. Landing a solid strike she turns to see the rest of the party not fareing as well. Since her roll was to preserve the vitality of her quest mates she calls on the power of Celebryon and heals Sarick from the back row.

Edited by Chromeknight

OOC: Even if we revive him with a phoenix essence?

Yes. When he dies, he dies and you fail.

Someone please take control of Octavian.

:facepalm:

I can be extremely unobservant.

@Nerwen- Sarick used a potion, so I'm just going to have you attack the target from the round before.

Guard Battle Round 2

Octavian vs. Guard C- Damage

Boomingham vs. Head Porthiar Guard - Special Damage

Amorith vs. Head Porthiar Guard - Damage

Sarick Uses Potion

Newren vs. Porthiar Guard A- Damage

The battle somehow deteriorates further. Octavian, seeking to help end this thing, gets a sword in the gut for his trouble (-10). The head guard calls again, and yet another guard shows up. Amorith is hit in the face by the head guard (-6), as Sarick uses a potion (+10). Nerwen attacks the first guard again, only to recieve a shield bash (-5). Guards B and D see their chance, and both score hits on Octavian (-10) and Boomingham (-5). Six enemies remain. The battle continues.

Enemies:

Head Porthiar Guard

Special: Reinforcements- The head guard summons another guard to battle

Porthiar Guard A

Health: 32/50

Porthiar Guard B

Porthiar Guard C

Porthiar Guard D

Secondary Porthiar Guard A

Level: 6

Health: 30/30

Special: Quick Stab- The guard lunges in, dealing 7 damage regardless of row.

Drops: 5 gold.

The Party:

Level 7 Mage

Health: 11/11

ava-nerwen.jpg

Level 6 Cleric

Health: 3/13

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Paladin

Health: 25/35

Level 12 Mage

Health: 10/16

6757242623_009fb23620_t.jpg

Octavian Ziegfried (NPC)

Level 13 Zieg-barian

Health: 40/60

Special: Inhuman Rage- Octavian goes into a terrifying rage, killing one enemy and halving the health of another.

Drops: Barbarian sword (WP: 6)

OoC: I have a shield. I should have only lost 10 health total so far (-5 first time, with the shield absorbing half the damage, and -5 the second time, as it's the same deal).

Boomingham sweats profusely. This is, shockingly, the toughest battle he has been in, other than perhaps his battles versus the Scarabs.

"Mr. Marvelo, doesn't this get your blood pumping? Just like our time in the desert. Which now seems so long ago... or rather, so far ahead! Hah!" Boomingham wipes his forehead. "Sir Naga, if you have a charge to take care of, putting him in a position in which he may be stabbed is never, ever, a good idea. Octavian, if he is to act, must always act last, so that if any of these guards get any ideas, they will not be about stabbing him in the gut."

Boomingham was distracted. His ability was suffering because of it.

"Once more," says Boomingham to the Head Guard, using the same weapon and row. "Octavian, take on the Secondary guard, if you would, and hopefully you will not be hurt." Boomingham cries out in anger. His head is full of thoughts he does not want, and his companions are suffering. It is too much for him, but he directs his rage into his sword. He will hit his target this time.

OoC: I have a shield. I should have only lost 10 health total so far (-5 first time, with the shield absorbing half the damage, and -5 the second time, as it's the same deal).

I went back and fixed everything. I'm really sorry about that.

OoC: Hahaha. It's quite alright! You've quested with me as your QM twice, you know that I understand mistakes because I make them quite often myself :wink: .

Boomingham sweats profusely. This is, shockingly, the toughest battle he has been in, other than perhaps his battle with the scarabs.

"Octavian, take on the Secondary guard, if you would, and hopefully you will not be hurt"

Respectfully, Lord Boomingham, shouldn't Octavian's inhuman rage be directed at the strongest target?

After speaking Nerwen begins chanting under her breath in elvish, summoning the power to heal herself.

"I do not wish our charge to be hurt, but you are correct madam elf, he does have a chance of killing our strongest foe. But the chances of that are not high, so I will not be changing my target." Boomingham smiles at the elf, and winks. He hopes that she too knows that mages are unreliable, and that the party must not expect too much out of Octavian.