Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Four

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Four

It's late at night, and eyes are searching the scree of the canyon for the elusive Egyptian nightingale; a beautiful bird that chirrups its sweet melody only in the hours of darkness. Unfortunately the only birds visible are the hungry-looking carrion birds, eyes also searching.

6742802719_4d2058fbb8_z.jpg

The eyes look on. Here they see Mustafa, still frozen in carbonite. Seemingly abandoned, ignored even by the ravenous carrion birds.

6742819455_cf4dc36099_z.jpg

A further sweep of the binoculars reveals two dark figures.

'Hey there'

'Sup'

They casually exchange as they pass in the night.

6742809665_d4785c13da_z.jpg

The onlooker focuses in on another dark figure

'Heyyy! No peeking! I have plans tonight!'

6742813781_1bb64509eb_z.jpg

What the inquisitive onlooker doesn't see...

6742823447_9bf742c8c9_z.jpg

...is an unidentified character who has taken time out to bare their buttocks to the canyon at large, shaking their stuff to Led Zeppelin.

But what they also don't see...

6742832125_6d2c65d61a_z.jpg

...is another dark figure, stealthily approaching from behind and doing their dark and dastardly deed.

6742838679_727f134160_z.jpg

'Well, whaddaya know! It removes make-up too!' they chuckle quietly to themself as they gather up the limp body of Penny Farago...

6742847545_66739e1013_z.jpg

...and push her into the open mouth of the statue of IMHOTEP

Once again the eyes of the great statue flash!

6742867325_19eed78ec8_z.jpg

Meh. Tastes like chicken.

On the other side of the canyon the encased and immobile figure of Mustafa is no longer ignored

6742859947_a1faf7b768_z.jpg

'Hmm' says the dark figure 'I don't think we should leave this lying around'

6742853309_9d9aef3d16_z.jpg

'Hyup, in you go!' says the dark figure as the carbonite containing Mustafa Nidia is also pushed into the mouth of the statue

As is now to be expected, the great eyes flash and a small pile of clothes appear

6742872691_5cf7289b42_z.jpg

More corrupted! Bleurgh! Ptooi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6743552169_55935acf18_z.jpg

It's a bright and sunny morning as Ossie and Is sit drinking coffee on large, comfortable sofas and chatter with their Friends about life in general and relationships in particular.

'and he said I was cute' continues Olivia with her minute dissection of a five minute conversation with a good looking guy 'does that mean he thinks I'm cute cute, or you know, cute cute? What did he mean by that??'

A commotion on the other side of the camp draws Ossie and Is away from the fascinating conversation involving comic calamity and occasional slapstick to see that the campers have gathered around a spectacle

6743424661_6cc6946c56_z.jpg

'Oh look' says Is 'this fits perfectly in with our theme today'

'Yeah' grins Ossie 'It's ugly naked guy'

'..come from the land of the ice and snow...' :sing: warbles Mehmet tunelessly

'No you don't' mutters an anonymous camper 'you're supposed to be Egyptian'

'Yeah and put some goddamn clothes on!' adds another camper 'I can clearly see you're nuts :hmpf:'

6743441113_4bae49a39d_z.jpg

'Hey girrrrrls' oozes Gordon 'I can show you something better than that :wink: '

6743432055_116263c7fc_z.jpg

'He said he had puppies' whispers Stephanie

'Yeah and sweets' agrees Emma 'I don't think he has either... :look: '

'Maybe not' smirks Gordon 'but I do have a...'

'Stairway to Heaven' :sing:Mehmet shrieks, drowning out the end of Gordon's suggestion

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Cultists. To win the game, the Innocents must eliminate all the Cultists, while the Cultists need to sacrifice ... Virgins. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. There is no limit to the number of unvotes. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Any reference to previous games or “games... of life”, potatoes, books that people have read, pigeons, films or plays that people may have seen, Harriet, sluts, mathematics, 2pid Rouges or figurative suspense will be treated most harshly. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Players

6623471525_c049c6e28a_o.jpg

The Great God IMHOTEP (NPC)

Do not upset him. Address him correctly or face the consequences. You have been warned.

6608373163_2fd3453da4_t.jpg6608371167_c533ef2d0e_t.jpg

The Guardians – Ossie and Is (Rufus and Pandora - NPCs)

6643855363_8b360b470f_t.jpgSheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono

6643866653_4a754df087_t.jpgJohnson Cox - Played by Cecilie

6643864133_808f92d91b_t.jpgOphelia Balls - Played by fhomess

6644030399_ecddbc1907_t.jpgHans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob_

6643859703_f7d8d9390a_t.jpgMellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot

6643857563_3a5bb3c64d_t.jpgJennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy

6643868821_4816072ce7_t.jpgNicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi

6643906041_e0e2cdb15e_t.jpgBetty Swallocks - Played by TinyPiesRUs

6643903693_86a441ba32_t.jpgRoger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick

6643899145_7dc6d6505c_t.jpgWilliam Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock

6643896727_d0a5b79221_t.jpgHugh Janus - Played by Eskallon

6643872007_a540288c82_t.jpgAloysius - Played by ADHO15

6643894663_ba76ac5d06_t.jpgGordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan

6643892345_562243cfd9_t.jpgToulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang

6643884843_01fa344f66_t.jpgMehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley

6643882069_4410626746_t.jpgIshaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin

6643876663_3e05a57276_t.jpgAhmed Apu - Played by Zepher

6643874135_2269a1f9af_t.jpgNadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher

The Departed

6643908649_06d0ebdf53_t.jpg6743556053_0d10434f99_t.jpgPenelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down - Innocent - sacrificed Night Three

6643879525_886a9c9fd0_t.jpg6743563181_0aa384e523_t.jpgMustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor - Cultist - lynched Day Three

6643901415_4a4bced4a4_t.jpg6716294687_ff1f02c69b_t.jpgPatrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Two

6643861959_d0d3342c85_t.jpg6716295661_f9150f4706_t.jpgMelaena Stools - Played by CallMePieOrDie - Cultist - lynched Day Two

6643889967_39698bff68_t.jpg6690511125_1e30f47815_t.jpgPercy Pantwitter - Played by Rick - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night One

6643887385_770c61c721_t.jpg6686096621_6d83839c76_t.jpgFather Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day One

Reserves

zakura

VolcanicPanik

I think they went after Penny Farago because she was blocked on Night One. I told you all our vigilante was blocked on Night One. However, Penny was actually our watcher. Rest in Peace, Scooby Doo. But megabluck you Cultists, Batman lives on.

I am waiting for other results to come in before I say anything else about anyone else.

Good. We lynched another Cultist. Penny's death is unfortunate, but at least she wasn't a virgin... I wonder if she was important to Mehmet's confirmations...

So lay it on us, dancing naked man. By the way, Is, you make a good Jennifer Anniston. :wub:

Wait, what the hell happened tonight? I wonder why there was seemingly so many dark figures out, but only one kill :look:.

Anyway, we're on a roll here, with two successful scum lynches in a row :sweet:

Woohoo, another cultist! :sweet: Although it's too bad about Poor Penelope. At least she wasn't a virgin.

I think they went after Penny Farago because she was blocked on Night One. I told you all our vigilante was blocked on Night One. However, Penny was actually our watcher. Rest in Peace, Scooby Doo. But megabluck you Cultists, Batman lives on.

Penny was our watcher? That sucks. :sceptic: Well, like I said above, at least she wasn't a virgin, and like you said, at least she wasn't our vig!

Rest in Peace, Penny.

So you think they were trying to get rid of Batman, Mehmet? They must be worried if they would go after a vig when they could've been trying to get a virgin.

Rest in Peace, Penny.

So you think they were trying to get rid of Batman, Mehmet? They must be worried if they would go after a vig when they could've been trying to get a virgin.

Yes and yes.

Top o' the morning to ya all!

That is indeed sad news about Penny, but two Cultists lynched one after the other is certainly something to be happy about!

Do we even have a vig? I haven't seen much evidence of one thus far. Hopefully some useful information will be presented to us today to make it three!

Not bad, not bad. :sweet:

We lost Scooby but thats 2 cultists in a row. :thumbup: I am waiting on a few action results too before going ahead.

I get it! I get it! Penelope was the watcher. I know who she was supposed to be watching. Who are the two dark figures? The pictures verify that his target was up to something, which is great. I just don't know what those other two figures are:

6742809665_d4785c13da_z.jpg

Well it's good to know we made the right choice yesterday, but I'm not sure we have a vigilante. If we do, he/she's not doing much at all.

Well it's good to know we made the right choice yesterday, but I'm not sure we have a vigilante. If we do, he/she's not doing much at all.

You are forgetting something, I think... If the vigilante kills a virgin by accident, whose to say the body wont end up in the statue :sceptic:.

I am very glad that I was correct yesterday :classic:. Here is to another bountiful day, today.

What do people think about the picture with the 2 dark figures? I don't know what to make of it...

Who would you like to see them killing, Hans? I bet you thought you had targeted the vigilante last night, huh?

Bhaa! Another cultist! Just like being back at the Somme, slowly but surely, we are getting there! Shame to see Scooby go, but at least she wasn't a virgin. Then again, with curves like that I'm not suprised! Bhaa-haa-haa!

Damn quire business with this vigilante, eh-what? Maybe it harkens back to previous vigilantes, where it only works 50% of the time?

Haha, take that you cultist s.o.b.s! Sorry to lose our Watcher, but at least it wasn't me one of us virgins. We still have a fighting chance at this, and if the cultists continue to make the same mistakes as Melaena and Mustafa did we should come on top in this ordeal in no time.

I sense there's all sorts of private conversations being whispered in every corner, and I wish I could be a part of them, but with no such luck I'll just wait what you all have found out during the night.

Let me summarize the night too :tongue:: scum lynched, good! :thumbup: watcher gone, bad :thumbdown: but could have been worse :cry_sad:. Good plan to pretend he was the vig!

I get it! I get it! Penelope was the watcher. I know who she was supposed to be watching. Who are the two dark figures? The pictures verify that his target was up to something, which is great. I just don't know what those other two figures are:

If I count, there appear to be 4 dark figures. A hint as to the number of Cultists still around?

I'm still waiting for all of the results to come in, but things are solidifying. We're a damn strong camp! :grin: I'll accuse someone soon so they have time to defend themselves and we can laugh at their weak response. And it's not what we thought! Last night's results are different than I expected, but we're definitely catching those megablock Cultists. :laugh: What a bunch of losers!

At least we saved that nice Nancy the Snake from its mean owner.

Who would you like to see them killing, Hans? I bet you thought you had targeted the vigilante last night, huh?

I'll have you know that I was asleep last night, unlike you prancing around the camp naked. I was merely pointing out that there is only one night kill at night and I'm assuming that the person doing all the killing is the cultist killer.

I'll have you know that I was asleep last night, unlike you prancing around the camp naked. I was merely pointing out that there is only one night kill at night and I'm assuming that the person doing all the killing is the cultist killer.

Then why aren't you paying attention? As pointed out by Melifluous, killing the wrong target could help the Scum. Why are you so eager to see people killed? You want to see some dead Virgins.

Since you know that is me out dancing naked at night and not killing people or doing other Scummy things, why are you still evading me in private? What are you hiding?

I am working on one helluva play. I love when people lie to me. :devil_laugh: megablock Cultists.

imhotep.png

Am I dreaming? Two lovely Friends visiting me in this goddamned desert hole out of nowhere - BEST DAY EVAH! :cry_happy::wub_drool: You can now me feed me to IMHOTEP, seriously. :tongue:

But we still have some cultist-weeding-out work to do, and this re-energized engineer will do his part despite his limited time to help. It's sad to see our watcher Ms. Fargo go :sadnew:, but looking at the bright side she ain't a Virgin that the Cultists want nor the investigator/protector who are both still useful to us. And two scum lynches in a row? Double :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now to go back talking to some people privately...

Poor Fargo. May you rest in peace. At the very least, we had nabbed and convicted the cultist. I am certain we can progress well in the day once we piece all of the clues together. We can't let those cultists running loose.

Well... a cultist down, and no more virgins killed. If Mehmet's suggestion that we're pretty close to weeding out the remaining cultists, then perhaps losing a watcher is one of the lesser evils that could have befallen us last night.

Harriet the Super Sleuth and the case of dueling investigators

Popeye: Bluto is lying!

Bluto: Popeye might be lying, or you are Harriet, or you both are.

Harriet the Super Slut: Oh silly men. You don't have to fight over me. There's plenty of me to go around. :blush:

Bluto: We're fighting near you, not over you.

Popeye: I was the one who talked to Patrick. Bluto is clearly a liar.

Harriet the Super Slut: Couldn't you both have talked to Patrick?

Popeye: No! Well maybe. Anyway, I'm the real investigator. I got this weird result about you being Cultist, but it said "thought" so I checked you again. You checked out this time.

Harriet the Super Slut: That's a relief.

Bluto: The result was "I think I investigated you and I found a Cultist." It was very vague and weird. And no, Patrick did not talk to two Cultists. I thought I was paranoid and he told me I couldn't be because no other investigator came forward. That's why he revealed the results the way he did. He needed to see if someone else came forward to claim investigator. He held the info back all day so that if there was an investigator he would come forward and clear things up. Nobody did. We even talked about investigating you again, but he knew the mirror cloak story scanned since there was corroborating evidence and he said it wasn't necessary. He re-iterated that he hadn't been contacted by two investigators and gave me a new target. If he had been contacted by two investigators, he lied to me, and why would a proven Townie do that?

Harriet the Super Slut: I've heard there was never a truer Townie than Patrick.

Popeye: Um, you're lying.

Bluto: I'm not.

Harriet the Super Slut: This is getting us nowhere. You'll both just have to sleep with me. :grin_wub:

Popeye: You don't believe me. You're going to have me killed.

Harriet the Super Slut: No, I wouldn't. Everyone needs a chance to be verified. Please investigate Roger good and hard tonight.

Popeye: You mean Roger Goodenharde.

Harriet the Super Slut: Yes. Investigate him good and hard!

Popeye: I still believe you intend to kill me.

Exeunt Popeye.

Bluto: I don't trust him.

Harriet the Super Slut: Neither do I. But, it's OK. I told everyone that the vigilante was blocked on Night One. It was actually the watcher. If they block the watcher again we'll know that they really thought I was going to kill Popeye and that I'm onto the next Scum. Popeye's lies are super Scummy. And thinly veiled.

Enter Is

Is: Penelope Farago, the watcher, was murdered last night.

Harriet the Super Slut: They didn't block her. He must be telling the truth.

Bluto: No, they murdered her. That's even more significant! You're onto the next Scum!

The last line of the play has been omitted in case the audience buys Popeye's line after line of utter megablocks.

Results are slow in matching up for some of the other info we learned last night. In the meantime I'm ready to serve Popeye to you guys. Personally, I don't believe a word of what he has to say. But, I've laid the evidence out here. What do you guys think?

If you're ready to hear Popeye's identity I can just finish the play. :sceptic:

If you're ready to hear Popeye's identity I can just finish the play. :sceptic:

By all means, give it to us. We won't hear his/her defense until you expose him/her.

I agree with your play that one of the "investigators" must be lying to you, and I think you've got it figured out pretty good which one it is. :thumbup:

...Not that my agreement means anything to you, anyway. :cry_sad: