butcher9.jpg

butcher10.jpg

butcher13.jpg

butcher11.jpg

butcher12.jpg

... and one thing to always remember:

nurse.jpg

Edited by Phred

What a creepy combination of businesses. But I like the variation on the Green Grocer you made.

This really is rather spectacular! I'm putting the finishing touches on my own butchers just now but as I work in 16 wide it's a very different building! I personally love all the little touches you have added such as the diploma on the wall!

What a creepy combination of businesses. But I like the variation on the Green Grocer you made.

There is an element of Sweeney Todd to the combination of neighbouring businesses.

Great job on having it fit in with the official models, they integrate almost seamlessly. No mean feat. Thanks for sharing.

This is pure class! I love the exterior - to call it a variation on the Green Grocer is a bit harsh, I think it's much more than that :) - but the interior is just as good, and you've got just about the right amount of detail, it's not plain, and not over the top. Plus, it fits in so well with the official buildings. Great job, I hope to see "just another modular" soon!

Wow! Another astonishing MOC! It's a very nice modular with a lot of fun details. I like the 'secret door' at the back to improve playability. Also, you neatly incorporated several of the CMF figs. Although I think the design of this one is perhaps based on the original GG, it really does stand out and fits nicely in your street of modular building. Great job.

Excellent modular 'Bernd', exterior inspired by the green grocer and market street by the looks of it. :wink:

Interior fantastic, though a butcher's shop selling bread....well, you gotta shift with the times eh ? I like the fridge and freezer with merchandise in them ! :grin:

Gee that butcher minifig is great right, going to have that character for my supermarket in my Aussie town I built last year. :wink:

The doctor's rooms are nice and roomy....must make a killing to afford such a place eh ? :laugh:

Neat little downstairs feature of access to the butchers shop. :thumbup:

Oh, yeah and you have to becareful around some nurses ! :laugh:

Brick On 'Bernd' ! :classic:

Very impressive! I like the bay window and the balcony on the back. The inside is nicely detailed as well. Interesting career choices there. That nurse picture is the best, great use of faces! :laugh:

Nice looking MOC there, the butcher reminds me more of say a continental style deli (with the bread and stuff) than a proper butcher shop.

Great job on the doctors office, love the nurses and the use of the X-Ray.

Amazing stuff. I especially like the detail in the Butcher's Shop. And no - no one messes with the nurse

A great addition to the Modular series.

I really like the design/shape of the butcher shop windows. I may have to borrow that idea sometime. I really like the looks of the interior, especially the front case by the register.

Keep up the great work. It looks like it fits right in. I can't wait to see more!

Agreeing with many before, this isn't just a modular. I see it as a modular based on Green Grocer, yet being enough different to impress on its own. The details that caught my eye are the bay window in the middle floor, the little terace on top floor, and the fascinating interiors. The combination of Butcher's and Doctor's is unusual to be put together. The major impact of this modular is its interiors. I like how you put together two different freezers, and while the bread and crossants look strange at the butcher, the doctors from upstears can get a sandwich during the lunch break at the same place. :classic: Also the doctor's place is well equipped. I like how you made the examination table and the x-ray board in the back. But the top of this creation is definitively its message: 'Don't mess with the nurse!' :laugh:

I don't think that's a variation... :sceptic:

But all other dicscussion aside, great job bernd!

The tan and black reminds me of the creator townhouse from a while back (that's a good thing :classic: ). Good choice of figs. I just don't quite understand the opening in the back wall... :wacko: Oh well!

Brick On!

Dakar

Edited by Dakar A

Thanks for the comments everyone.

It is of course inspired by GG. The bay drove me crazy. I wanted it to be seven wide, but just leaving a gap didn't look good compared to the brick-structure. It took a little while till I had the idea with the 1x1 tiles sideways.

I didn't think about the butcher/doctor-combination, but as you say it: it is some kind of creepy. I just liked the butcher and I liked the nurse.

As to the bread: Customers become more and more demanding. You have to offer something. :wink:

Edited by Bernd

I love it! The building is really well detailed, and I think the mix of uses is great - I've seen stranger combinations in real life. :laugh:

I really like how well this building fits with the rest of the modulars, it really looks like it's part of the rest of the modular line, with similar aesthetics and parts usage. Great job!