Sign in to follow this  
zero1312

MOC: Amperox

This Bot was once a controller for the electric flow of the energy in a power plant, but after an "accident" fried his circuits he started to disrupt all kinds of devices in Makuhero city. Because of his abilty to control or disrupt electric current flows the commanders of Hero Factory hesitating the deployment of heros to stop him, since there never was a need for protection against this kind of ability. Not even Surge, who encountered him once already, was able to move even an inch, while he was laughing maniacally with his high-pitched voice.

amperox_009.jpg

amperox_012.jpg

amperox_013.jpg

amperox_010.jpg

amperox_011.jpg

He can shoot energy blasts of different polarities:

amperox_014.jpg

Edited by zero1312

I like that figure, has a nice color scheme going for it.

Just one thing, why the green cables? I would of thought the blue style like from Stormer 2.0 might of worked out better.

Great figure. He's very well-armored, and those System lightning bolt pieces work great as details. That torso shell used for his back and tail kind of upsets his silhouette from the front, though. Not sure what could work better there.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I tried using the blue cable and removed the shell on the back.

I also replaced the green head with an orange one.

Now he actually looks much better. Pictures will be up soon....

Nice! I quite like the backstory to this villain, having power like that.. does he have a short-distance range with his power, and can he focus it on more than one bot or device at a time?

Amperox looks as dangerous as he sounds. I like the use of the Nektann head and spine, works well for a villain. He looks well armored too, something I like in a villain. I particularly enjoy the dual-colored lightning pieces, they really give off that dark, electricy feeling.

Something about his feet bug me.. but it can be overlooked. I mean, who's going to be looking at this guy's feet when he's coming at them anyway?

I did see the pics before he was changed, what with the green eyes and green tubes.. and I have to say the blue and trans orange work so much better with this guy. I personally would like to see how trans blue works, but I imagine it would blend in too much with the exterior of the head.

I think you did a very good job with this one, backstory, armor, and all. :classic:

-Cirkit

Update: New pics of the updated MOC in the start post.

Forgot to mention that this was a WIP untill now. :grin:

New pictures of a completely revamped version in the start post. The old one did not look very robotic and Hero-Factory-like to me. :wink:

Edited by zero1312

While I agree with the fact that Amperox did not look as robotic, I think the older look suited the character better. Be it the spikes sticking up all directions, the paws as shoulder armor, the clawed hand or the older legs.. I dunno I just prefer it.

However, the new incarnation isn't that bad. I rather like the split electricity shock colors and the launcher on his back, makes him stand out a bit more I think.