Tancred_de_Beauville

Review: 6506 Precinct Cruiser

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Small police car, second set of my brother - he get it on the same occasion as I got Sport Coupe. Now citizens of so called Lego Town should drive safetly as police officer keep order in town. This set add much more playability to sets we had before.

Instruction - there is also example what we can do (this was also on the back of box):

Precinent%252520Cruiser.jpg

Elements

P1060608.JPG

Number - 6506

Name – Precinct Cruiser

Theme – Classic Town; Subtheme - Police

Year – 1989

Minifigs – 1

Pieces – 32

Price – $2.00 (via Toysperiod in 1989)

After some washing police inspector can still keep order in Lego Town. Keep eyes on minifigures who drive too fast or help in road traffics. Lego City of that time was relative safe - without bandinds or bears.

Some photos of this classic white police car:

6506%252520Precinct%252520Cruiser.JPG

6506%252520Precinct%252520Cruiser%252520from%252520sky.JPG

When alone playability of Precinct Cruiser wasn't much - but this is a problem of many small sets - often they are great addition to other sets. But when not alone playability of this set was great.

Edited by Tancred_de_Beauville

This was my very first set I got when I was 4 so I have very fond memories of it! :classic: Think I got 6522 the highway patrol shortly after. So it set up a nice little scene in my then small town! :laugh:

That is one small car! Good review. I like reading reviews of these old sets.

Thank you, I will try to do the best. Some building are in need to be rebuild as them for such reviews.

This was my very first set I got when I was 4 so I have very fond memories of it! :classic: Think I got 6522 the highway patrol shortly after. So it set up a nice little scene in my then small town! :laugh:

With brother we always wanted to have Highway Patrol you mentioned, but never had them. Small nice set with two motorbikes. My brother was 5 or 6 when he get this set. :wink:

Another review....you have been busy 'Tancred_de_Beauville', lighting issues sorry for saying it again....poor police officer was being blinded ! :laugh:

If I might suggest the first image be the completed model on it's own, followed by the breakdown of year, parts count, cost, then images of parts breakdown and instructions....these are things I've had to learn too. :blush:

I must say very classic town this vehicle is.....now days this style has return in the advent calender and in poly bag sets....simple yet it does the job....except if it rains ! :laugh:

Brick On Review On 'Tancred_de_Beauville' ! :classic:

Policeman don't have easy life. I have problems with those light, thanks for every issue - I would do that reviews better. I would try to do review with those points you're mentioned (order at first).

Polybags sets looks really nice, especially Jet Skie (nice minifigs).

my first reaction was: "is that from 1980? i must be getting old" :sadnew: then i checked brickset... it is from 1989... you might wanna change that :wink:

anyway, a cheap set to fill up the Lego Town and easily modified into a normal car... I never liked the large black plate though... the wheels, on the other hand, where pretty cool :sweet:

my first reaction was: "is that from 1980? i must be getting old" :sadnew: then i checked brickset... it is from 1989... you might wanna change that :wink:

anyway, a cheap set to fill up the Lego Town and easily modified into a normal car... I never liked the large black plate though... the wheels, on the other hand, where pretty cool :sweet:

Thank you, my mistake of course it is from 1989. With a bit of imagination it can be turned into nice civilian car, with few additional elements also for two minifigures. :wink:

I love this car I have it in my town and its the Cheif of Polices car. :classic:

Indeed, its great car for police inspector. :classic:

I always liked that one.

6506_1.jpg

6506_2.jpg

6506_3.jpg

Great photos, so many cars - it must be a large Lego City to support so many policeman in those cars. :sweet: