Sign in to follow this  
Evil Stu

Grim Duty

Every year just after the winter solstice the enigmatic knight Ursula the Dragonkissed visits all the villages which lie within one day of Blackwing Peak, and in accordance with an ancient treaty, collects a toll before making the long trek up the Trail of Tears to the summit of the mountain. By upholding this treaty, the local villages ensure their survival for the next year. Such is the terrible price of survival in Nocturnus.

6740036809_40a8cc846e_z.jpg

6740037381_1df3422a46_z.jpg

6740037935_96d20fa401_z.jpg

6740038379_c6b4917e59_z.jpg

Fantastic build, and I love the story behind it. That really would be a grim duty.

Edited by Andonii

that is one evil lady ;)

she should be proposed with position in Nocturnus :)

I`m not for human victim, but its a cool MOC and great build :thumbup:

Definitely an interesting built, I agree, not so much for human sacrifice - but you are from Nocturnis...

Hersbrucker, SkaForHire, yes I felt uneasy about setting this up once it was completed. The idea for the build came from the below text from the opening Nocturnus guild background text:

"You will find humans surviving scattered throughout the darklands, they will always find a way to prosper, but its how they prosper that leaves them a scarred race..."

The addition of a female knight was intentional in order to reduce the perception of gender bias which may have resulted from the themes being drawn out of classic fairy tales/fantasy stories. (Insert 'Self-Rescuing Princess' quote here...).

While the build is suggestive of the fate awaiting these ladies, I intentionally avoided the inclusion of any parts or story text which may confirm the outcome. Personally, I choose to believe that the Dragon makes them all dance like chickens before sending them home again and laughing hysterically for hours on end. Perhaps dragons are more complicated beings than we give them credit for? Or perhaps I just need more sleep... :tongue:

Definitely an interesting built, I agree, not so much for human sacrifice - but you are from Nocturnis...

Yep, nocturnis things(people not the right word :tongue:) don't care a human less!