Picked mine up today, hopefully building this weekend.

Box is very nice with some good images of the B model on the rear. Not yet broken the seals!

Picked mine up today, hopefully building this weekend.

Box is very nice with some good images of the B model on the rear. Not yet broken the seals!

What, you should have had pics by now!!! :laugh:

Could we get a few photos of the instructions? Specifically the steps where the gearbox is assembled? :classic:

Looks pretty complex, and kinda reminds me of the one I built into a MOC last August... I like how it is built as a separate unit then placed in the model, should allow for easy customization (not by me though, I don't have the spare parts :grin: ).

Great that it is in the UK shops, but why hasn't it surfaced in the USA yet? This was the one I was looking for the most for 1H2012, anybody have any idea if its headed here anytime soon? Me and Camaro365 we're just discussing it.

It also hasn't surfaced in the Netherlands.:wacko: The more I read about it the more I want it :cry_sad:

Edited by bb15080

Seems odd that it’s in UK now. I don’t normally buy a kit until ive seen the building instructions. But nothing on the UK Lego site. I may order a 2nd one to build a trailer for it to pull. :sweet:

Some dude already has 9397.

And other dude has other video. :tongue:

NO NUMBERS (on bags)!!! :thumbup::laugh:

Edited by sama

From what I have seen, most sets seem to be released in the UK first, like all the 2H2010 sets. Wanted that 8043 Excavator bad, but it took more than a month after it appeared on UK S@H site to get to the USA. I don't quite understand Lego's theory on this at all.

It also hasn't surfaced in the Netherlands.:wacko: The more I read about it the more I want it :cry_sad:

I don't know if it;s been mentioned yet, but on the Toys R Us sight its says the Logging Truck comes with 1308 pcs.

Just checked the USA TRU website. The awaited 9397 Logging Truck is up on the site available. Couldn't find in store though yet. Bought it online Saturday afternoon, then thought I might buy a 2nd one for the 'b' model, but by evening they were out of stock already, incredible they sold all they had so quick, but could be that TRU Distribution Centers only were sent a small amount.

Edited by TechnicFreak

It's scary how close this setup is to my own gearbox in one of my MOCs :laugh:

Maybe lego are copying your designs. :laugh: I would not as i don't find any of yours useful.:tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Has anyone seen the instructions for the b-model yet?

The guy with the video said he contacted TLG and they said the shop shouldn't have been selling the set yet, as release date is March. They will be available closer to that date. :hmpf:

Excuse me, Peppermint, but this was posted in the Eurobricks and Technic forum. This truck, if you will check your facts first, was posted in THAT part of the forum. What the hell is it with you people anyway, are you against Americans???

This would be better suited to the BSTF forum. Moving :classic:

BTW - I'm moving it back to the Technic/Mindstorms forum. You got a problem with it, PM me...

This would be better suited to the BSTF forum. Moving :classic:

:hmpf_bad: Do you get off challenging forum authority or something?

Yes, this belongs in the BSTF and that's where it will stay. Why? Because it's local news. I'm not from the USA, and many people from this site aren't either. If a topic was created every time every set was available in every country can you imagine how silly the forum would get? A new topic is to discuss something new, not to mention a simple fact. How much discussion can be made about this? Not much. Thus I will close this topic and merge it later with the other one.

Now please stop wasting the last few hours of my weekend.

BTW - I'm moving it back to the Technic/Mindstorms forum. You got a problem with it, PM me...

I just had a better idea. I've merged them all with the existing topic, and changed the title so you don't feel like we hate Americans. (You are aware the two of the admins and many of the mods are from the USA... :look: ) Why you didn't post it here in the first place is quite beyond me.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the new mini turntable?.

It's gear has 28 teeth, so it's the same size as the current differentials outer gear.