Available from today Price £99, spend over £30 on Lego and get a £5 off voucher

Argos Website

Still no picture of the B model :sad:

Wow! I was expecting this to be a £70, maybe £80 set. I like it, but not sure I'm going to rush out and buy one for £100.

Or am I....?!

Just picked this up. First Technic set since 8421. Agree with those that said that the B model looks the more interesting of the choices. Am I not seeing it, or do Lego no longer put the piece count on the box?

Assuming you're also in the UK, they haven't put them on boxes here ever, I think. At least, I don't remember them ever putting them on boxes when I was a kid (in the 90's) and they still don't now.

Also, I would totally buy this right now as I've been looking forward to it for a while, but I just got the Flatbed... think I'll wait a month or two.

I got it,i am, away to build it now,the b model is a gritter with tipping body.:laugh:

Ur first for a few pics and comments so :)

I took a few photos but can't figure out how to reduce them to 100k. Any ideas?

Here's them on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74939056@N08/

Is that a new part I see? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else yet. Looks like a 32557 - Technic, Pin Connector Perpendicular Long, but with an additional axle hole on top of the other two holes. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Well, there are the final missing components for the Vampire GT :grin:

Is that a new part I see? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else yet. Looks like a 32557 - Technic, Pin Connector Perpendicular Long, but with an additional axle hole on top of the other two holes. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

I see it too in light gray. :classic:

This is also showing the old style traingular connectors. I though these were changed? :sceptic:

It would be interesting to telephone "Lego Direct" (Lego Customer Service) to see how much it would cost to buy that new 4652234 part (shown at the top-left of the Parts List below). For the time being, let's call it a "Technic, Pin Connector Perpendicular EXTRA Long":

6737644347_19c7e0d97f_b.jpg

It would be interesting to telephone "Lego Direct" (Lego Customer Service) to see how much it would cost to buy that new 4652234 part (shown at the top-left of the Parts List below). For the time being, let's call it a "Technic, Pin Connector Perpendicular EXTRA Long":

that is kind of a weird piece, i dont know how you would incorporate it into MOCs.

tim

There are so many pieces that don't exist yet, but instead of making something useful, they've decided to make a piece that (at first glance at least) looks like it exceeds the known boundries of awkwardness in the technic universe. Somebody in Denmark has clearly gone completely mad.

They're used to mount the changeover catches.

Edited by Pauger

Well the 1/2 stug offset for the driving ring always has been a huge problem. So in what way does this part make it easier?

Pics please!

They're used to mount the changeover catches.

LOL... I was just on the phone with Camaro365 and he gave me a brief description of this new part's appearance and that was what I told him they were probably used for... :classic:

I don't get it, why are there black bevel gears in some sets (8070, 9395) and tan bevel gears in other sets (8110, 8071)? The logging truck uses black bevel gears (I personally like tan bevel gears).

Edited by sama

I don't get it, why are there black bevel gears in some sets (8070, 9395) and tan bevel gears in other sets (8110, 8071)? The logging truck uses black bevel gears (I personally like tan bevel gears).

Don't know exactly... I am sure they wanted the Black one in the 8070 because it wouldn't stick out as much for the H.O.G. steering, so they just used all black gears instead of mixing them up with 2 different colors... Perhaps Lego was trying to get rid of their stock of tan bevel gears in the other sets...?

I actually think that the Tan 20 tooth bevel gears mesh better together with the smaller black 12 tooth bevel gears than the 20 tooth black ones do... I know this doesn't quite make sense because they are the same, but you can try it out for yourself and decide... You can even hear a little more friction noise with the Black 20 tooth gears and black 12 tooth gears than you can with a Tan and black combo...

Edited by Paul Boratko