Tancred_de_Beauville

Review: 6480 Hook and Ladder Truck

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

At first Hi All (as this is my first review and only second post)!

This model has been issued in 1985 to support existing Fire Watch sets in Lego Town. With long ladder is really helpful in coming back with help to minifigures catched on upper levels of buildings. My fourth model, so some parts was lost in other Lego sets (I tried to replace them with parts I found under hand). Still it is one of the best cars I have in my collection and as I remember with brother we had great fun with this light and sound model (this one and 6450 Mobile Police Truck).

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252001.jpg

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252002.jpg

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252003.JPG

Number - 6480

Name – Hook and Ladder Truck

Theme – Classic Town; Subtheme – Fire Watch

Year – 1985

Minifigs – 1

Pieces – I found 107 in my set, via lego.wikia.com is 118 parts (still it looks nearly the same with different parts)

Price – US $23.00 also from lego.wikia.com, probably I had a prize in Deutsche Mark but it was lost

So it is time for parts or what left from them:

At first, white parts and brave firefighter named by me Strażak (in Polish its means firefighter). There are many great accesories (or at least I saw them great when I was 20 years younger). Axe, broom, shovel, walkie talkie and some other grey parts which I changed to fire extinguishers. Long grey ladder and also long enough fire hose (forget its on photo with red parts) to help citizens of Lego Town when fire catch them. There is also big white element to hide R9 battery - hope it still work, jet I cannot check it as I can't found such battery in home.

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252004.JPG

At second - black parts, mainly forms solid basis for six wheel fire truck and some for small trailer.

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252005.JPG

At last, red parts - at least they need some cleaing in water.

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252007.JPG

Btw, I changed whole instruction into .pdf.

Fire Truck ready to go to keep fire at bay.

Lego%252520stra%2525C5%2525BC%252520po%2525C5%2525BCarna%25252008.JPG

If I found some energy I try to add some more pictures from this set in action.

P.S. There is something to do this review better, if someone found mistakes please send suggestion. I would correct them.

Edited by Tancred_de_Beauville

Nice set, nice review. I had one when I was a child for Sinterklaas :) I was always trying to find out what my parents had in mind and therefore overheard them taking about it before I got it. My brother has the police version. Why don't you join the reviewers academy?! Nice start at least :)

Nice set, nice review. I had one when I was a child for Sinterklaas :) I was always trying to find out what my parents had in mind and therefore overheard them taking about it before I got it. My brother has the police version. Why don't you join the reviewers academy?! Nice start at least :)

Sinterklaas - its Santa Claus (św. Mikołaj in my)? I know Dutch very little, but hope thing good with this name. I'm not sure on what occasion I get it, probably on the same as you. God idea, but how I can join reviewers academy? I have some planse to review some olders models (last time after I saw minifigures series I bought some and later I think that bricks can be the same hobby as card or tank models).

Thanks and greetings :)

Not bad review 'Tancred_de_Beauville', is that dust all over the truck is it though ? :look:

I've learnt the hard way, a white back drop and base to photograph with is better for reviewing sets (I've joined the academy). :classic:

Brick On Review On 'Tancred_de_Beauville' ! :wink:

Not bad review 'Tancred_de_Beauville', is that dust all over the truck is it though ? :look:

I've learnt the hard way, a white back drop and base to photograph with is better for reviewing sets (I've joined the academy). :classic:

Brick On Review On 'Tancred_de_Beauville' ! :wink:

Yes, its covered by dust (or at least few milimeters of it). After I packed it many years ago in furniture I don't cleant it with water and detergent - so effect is horrible (like fire truck really get in hard action and is covered by dust). I think it would be better to build part of city to do photographs of sets. Still I must do some serious cleaning in toys (now I have problems with getting what I want). Its still suprise that I had few boxes alive, also police truck light and sound (I think soon I would scan/photograph them). Hmm, I think there will be some more trials with photography, thanks for advice - I would try it soon. :wink:

Nice review for such a classic set! TLG should make more sets like this-simple and effective!

I had changed the title of the thread to be similar to other review threads, which always start with "Review:"

Hope the revised title is alright with you. :classic:

P.S. There is something to do this review better, if someone found mistakes please send suggestion. I would correct them.

If you're very serious about creating some great reviews, I would see about joining the Reviewers Academy.

Nice review for such a classic set! TLG should make more sets like this-simple and effective!

Thank you, I would try to do some more reviews of old sets (especially ones which are still missing on eurobricks - someking of travel into the past).

I had changed the title of the thread to be similar to other review threads, which always start with "Review:"

Hope the revised title is alright with you. :classic:

If you're very serious about creating some great reviews, I would see about joining the Reviewers Academy.

Thank you, great that it is now similar to others reviews. :classic: I think that it can be interesting in joining to Review Academy :wink: . I would think about it and probably soon decide.