Sign in to follow this  
EM4CZ

[MOC] Firefighter Competition

indexed.gif B-V-14C

American firefighting competition

C Ladder / one firefighter climb on a ladder at the gate - car Cat. C

Category C vehicle with a ladder of length 25 ft (7.6 m) starts from a distance of 475 feet (144.7 meters) with a crew driver, three firefighters and one climber. After stopping on mark under the gate, ladder is taken down from the car, three firefighters it rests on the edge of the gate and the climber has to get up. There then grabs and holds the last position. Car during that leave. Competition time around 8.65 seconds

lfd_racing_1.jpg

lfd_racing_2.jpg

lfd_racing_3.jpg

lfd_racing_4.jpg

Interesting an ironman contest for fire fighting, 'EM4CZ'.....our Country Fire Service many years ago had similar contests, but not directly involving any vehicles.

Brick On Fire Fight On 'EM4CZ' ! :classic:

This is one of the eight disciplines of the whole competition.

You can see more here:

After seeing that video, I have a new look on firefighters. That is awesome! I had no idea that was a competition. Anyway, neat build. I take your firetruck... err, dragster, was inspired after the white one in the video? I like the diorama that goes with it, makes it complete. All it needs are more spectators default_classic.gif

Those pictures are almost a year old, diorama and dragster is disassembled, video is only ilustrated from the competition, dragster was inspired by all the cars in competition, not according to actual vehicle.

WOW, as a Firefighter myself i've never seen this before. We have had combat challenges here before that are pretty hard, but not like that.lol

Nice MOC and cool vid. :thumbup: :thumbup:

We had a Firefighters Challenge a few years ago in my city, most of the event involved climbing up a 4 story scaffolding tower in full gear as a relay race. Back in 2008, they did show off a new fire truck for my city.

They didnt do it here last year :(

We had a Firefighters Challenge a few years ago in my city, most of the event involved climbing up a 4 story scaffolding tower in full gear as a relay race. Back in 2008, they did show off a new fire truck for my city.

Climbing up in full gear is part of the TFA or Ultimate Firefighter, this competition is different.

According to all the photos and videos I've found is probably the competition just in the state New York.

Typically for the combat challenge you go up the stairs carrying a hotel pack, raise up 2 or 3 rolls of hose, run back down with the hotel pack, hit an object with a sledgehammer, drag a hoseline a certain distance, then drag a dummy a certain distance, while in full gear and on air.

Czech T.F.A."Iron Fireman"

1* deployment a two hoseline(2x2 hoses) a certain distance

2* roll up 2 hose and placed into wooden box

3* 8x roll over truck tire(2010), 60 hit in Hammerbox with a sledgehammer(2009)

4* carrying two barrels full of water 20kg to 15 meter distance

5* climb over 2 meter high barrier

6* drag a 80kg dummy a certain distance

7* climb over 2 meter high barrier

4* carrying two barrels full of water

8* go up the stairs to 26 floors in full gear on air

132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg

132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg132_88_crop.jpg

youngest volunteer fire squad on T.F.A. 2010, driver is a squad leader

132_88_crop.jpg

Edited by EM4CZ