Sign in to follow this  
Parrothead Rasmus

MOC: Professor McGonagall's Office

Parrothead Rasmus presents...

Professor McGonagall's Office

(Book version)

1327095084m_DISPLAY.jpg

This is my first Eurobricks Community Build MOC, which I am absolutely thrilled about.

Since the room had 5 seconds of screen time in the films, it pulled as much as I could from the books. Here is its Harry Potter Wiki description:

"Minerva McGonagall's office was the place where Minerva McGonagall, the former Transfiguration professor, worked and slept during her stay at Hogwarts. It is located on the first floor of the Defence Against the Dark Arts tower.

There is a sparse stone-floored bedroom behind a concealed door in the office's study.

During their fifth year, the Gryffindor students went to this office to talk to Professor McGonagall about their academic future as she was their Head of House. Also, during Harry Potter's Fifth Year at Hogwarts, Neville Longbottom was forced to visit this office during the night to tell her that Harry was having a vision. There is a fireplace in this office, connected to the Floo Network, which was used by students during the 1996–1997 school year when they returned to Hogwarts, following the Christmas holidays. It is unknown whether she occupied this office due to her position as Transfiguration professor, Head of Gryffindor House, or Deputy Headmistress."

1327011301m_DISPLAY.jpg

Details: The Professor's desk, the Professor herself, a random owl, and Prefect Percy Weasley, wearing a smile he saves exclusively for McGonagall and Penelope Clearwater!

It's not as good or as entertaining as The Penguin's, but I had fun doing it. Thanks for viewing! :classic:

EDIT: HERE are some of the images featured above but larger.

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Umbridge's office was supposed to be overwhelming.

McGonagall's office would be understated/underspoken, but powerful, much like herself. There are a lot of little details here that work quite well. I really enjoy the fireplace and the chairs. The birdpost is quite lovely as well. I haven't thought much about how I'd picture her office, but this is giving me a good idea of what I'd expect.

Brilliant work. Keep it up.

I can't wait to see more.

Very nice! This is fantastic! (Way less pink than The Penguin's!)

Thanks JackJonespaw!

Umbridge's office was supposed to be overwhelming.

McGonagall's office would be understated/underspoken, but powerful, much like herself. There are a lot of little details here that work quite well. I really enjoy the fireplace and the chairs. The birdpost is quite lovely as well. I haven't thought much about how I'd picture her office, but this is giving me a good idea of what I'd expect.

Brilliant work. Keep it up.

I can't wait to see more.

Thank you! I was keeping the whole "understated/underspoken, but powerful" idea when I was building this. Glad you like it. :classic:

A very good MOC! Interesting that I incleded McGonagall in my MOC and you come up with her office, that is so strikinggy different. It's classic, strict, and very practical, unlike that of Umbridge. Great job! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Nice. I really like the chairs. Including Percy is a great touch. :thumbup:

A very good MOC! Interesting that I incleded McGonagall in my MOC and you come up with her office, that is so strikinggy different. It's classic, strict, and very practical, unlike that of Umbridge. Great job! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thank you! :sweet:

I really tried my best to incorporate her personality into the MOC.

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Great entry ' Parrothead Rasmus ', a sensible office for a sensible teacher....excellent detailing it all fits McGonagall perfectly. :classic:

Good luck ' Parrothead Rasmus ' and keep casting those spells. :wink:

Great entry ' Parrothead Rasmus ', a sensible office for a sensible teacher....excellent detailing it all fits McGonagall perfectly. :classic:

Good luck ' Parrothead Rasmus ' and keep casting those spells. :wink:

Thanks lightningtiger!