You can make the old 3063 macaroni-bricks fit at a 45 degree rotated angle with a bit of tweaking. There are instructions here on the forum (can't remember where right now though...try to search for macaroni). The new one will not work however, either in LDD or in real life.

Here's the relevant topic. :classic:

I don't think this is necessarily a "bug" but recently when I use LDD and Youtube at the same time, both things slow down a lot. This stuff never happened a month ago. Anything to prevent this? It's really annoying.

-Sci

I have found a bug with 30332 Propellor (BrickLink).

It seems impossible to put a piece closer than in the image below. Even with scaffolding.

propellor_error.jpg

It's used in 9467 The Ghost Train, on page 32, book 1.

Same with 64951 Barrel (BrickLink):

tub_error.jpg

It's also used in 9467 The Ghost Train, on page 34, book 1.

Greetings Stephan

Edited by Stephan

I have found a bug with 30332 Propellor (BrickLink).

It seems impossible to put a piece closer than in the image below. Even with scaffolding.

Same with 64951 Barrel (BrickLink):

Interesting finds. I also tried with some manual editing the LXFML file, but to no avail.

Seems to be some kind of snapping error, since the x-axle doesn't quite snap all the way to the end.

With my NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB I can't seem to use Outlines on bricks and Advanced shading (the graphics card has 5.0 shading so...).

(Using Mac b.t.w.)

I've noticed a problem with an interaction between part# 87087 (1x1 brick w/ knob) and part# 6541 (1x1 technic brick). When you put them on the ground with the knob from 87087 going into the hole on 6541, they will fit together but no connection is made. This would be fine, except that when you go to move the two of them together like this, it will immediately crash LDD. Happens every time.

I've yet to try it with other pieces, but it's something worth looking into. I sent in a complaint on the main Lego Customer Service site letting them know about this, but I got a very general email in response that had nothing to do with the bug I reported. That's when I discovered this thread and realized it's the best place to bring these things up.

I don't know if this one's been covered before, or even if it's an illegal connection, but it caused me problems so I figured I'd spread the word.

EDIT: I just remembered, part# 75535 (Tube) and part# 62462 (tube w/double) are both very similar, and in fact, the only difference between the two is that #62462 has a slot in the middle that shouldn't impact anything. But when you try to attach #62462 to #85861 (Pl. Round 1x1 through hole) it won't form a connection or snap-to if it's in any other position than on the ground. #75535, however, has no such problem. I'm assuming this is a bug. :)

Edited by JagerBaBomb

I've noticed a problem with an interaction between part# 87087 (1x1 brick w/ knob) and part# 6541 (1x1 technic brick). When you put them on the ground with the knob from 87087 going into the hole on 6541, they will fit together but no connection is made. This would be fine, except that when you go to move the two of them together like this, it will immediately crash LDD. Happens every time.

I've yet to try it with other pieces, but it's something worth looking into. I sent in a complaint on the main Lego Customer Service site letting them know about this, but I got a very general email in response that had nothing to do with the bug I reported. That's when I discovered this thread and realized it's the best place to bring these things up.

I don't know if this one's been covered before, or even if it's an illegal connection, but it caused me problems so I figured I'd spread the word.

EDIT: I just remembered, part# 75535 (Tube) and part# 62462 (tube w/double) are both very similar, and in fact, the only difference between the two is that #62462 has a slot in the middle that shouldn't impact anything. But when you try to attach #62462 to #85861 (Pl. Round 1x1 through hole) it won't form a connection or snap-to if it's in any other position than on the ground. #75535, however, has no such problem. I'm assuming this is a bug. :)

First is an already known bug.

First is an already known bug.

So, where is this list of "known bugs"? It would save some time to not document and post stuff that's already known (to others).

So, where is this list of "known bugs"? It would save some time to not document and post stuff that's already known (to others).

It's a fair point, but there really isn't any list. Other then this topic perhaps (although some bugs are also reported in the "official sets in LDD"-topic).

So at the moment, we just have to live with the fact that occasionally a bug will be reported twice or so.

In all honesty I'm not sure that even if there was a published list, people would search through it before posting here. It's like those pinned topics in forums. No one reads them... :grin:

In one sense, it's even better to have people report the same bug several times, because it tells you which bugs are causing most irritation (and thus should be fixed first by TLG).

It's a fair point, but there really isn't any list. Other then this topic perhaps (although some bugs are also reported in the "official sets in LDD"-topic).

So at the moment, we just have to live with the fact that occasionally a bug will be reported twice or so.

In all honesty I'm not sure that even if there was a published list, people would search through it before posting here. It's like those pinned topics in forums. No one reads them... :grin:

In one sense, it's even better to have people report the same bug several times, because it tells you which bugs are causing most irritation (and thus should be fixed first by TLG).

Does the same go for gripes and missing features? If I report them often enough they'll get fixed? :sweet:

I'm having a problem with one particular LXF file, the bricks don't show up in Build Mode but I can still move the bricks even though they're invisible. The bricks show up fine in the other modes though.

The most precision you can get with any scaffolding equipment (as far as I know) involves less of a scaffold and more of a process. It takes advantage of the minimal difference between the center of the hole on a Technic brick and the center of a stud on a headlight brick by using a 1x1 headlight brick, 1x1 Technic brick, a Technic pin with stud, and a 1x2 plate. The process itself is very fiddly and I can't exactly describe it, but by using this tiny offset I was able to create XXXXXX which should be free of any overlapping parts or unnecessary gaps.

The most precision of all, of course, would be from editing the placement values of the bricks in a raw LXFML, but to be honest that kind of math makes my head hurt.

I know this is an old post, but I would LOVE to know how you did this, exactly! Your Imperial Guard looks great, and I've been unable to replicate the Aline Commander (from set 7065) the same way (I don't mind leaving out his cape, just need the epaulettes and 'mask' piece to join right!).