#30367 has some pretty complicated decoration setup, it's so the Astromech patterns (like R2-D2) can be painted onto it. If you want an Astromech head though it's probably easier to switch to the non-extended palette temporarily and swipe the pre-made version from there instead.

I have found an apparent error with 90626 BEAM TORSO 7X9 BALL Ø10.2. The foot piece 90661 BASE 3X7X3 W. BALL CUP Ø10.2 cannot be attached to it by a pair of friction pins as is required in the instructions of set 6202 Rocka.

90626_error.png

The same foot piece can attach to the geometrically-similar piece 90625 BEAM TORSO 9X9 BALL Ø10.2 without any problem, leading me to believe the problem is with the torso piece and not with the foot piece.

90625_comparison.png

Additionally, I found a sort of an error with part 72039 CORRUGATED PIPE 144MM. This part is able to flex, which is great, but it cannot flex at a sharp enough angle to function correctly in the construction of set 6293 Furno.

72039_error.png

The tubes should connect all the way to the blue friction pins, but they can't do so because it would require them to bend at a sharper angle than is currently possible.

Also, the following parts should be able to be dual-colored:

• 32558 VOODOO FLAME*
  • 41671 BION. HEAD, TOP
  • 53562 SHELL WITH 3 CLAWS 5X8X2
  • 57557 SHELL 1 4X5X3 2007 - CO. INJ.*
  • 57558 SHELL 2 (3X5X3) 2007*
  • 61804 Foot/claw 3x9x3, 08 co-inject
  • 64297 WEAPON/FLAME 2009
  • 85582 BALL Ø 16.5 WITH STUDS*

Those with asterisks are particularly important because in the basic LDD mode, the parts appear in the colors they would only have if co-injected (that is to say, they seem to be intended to be multicolored but can't be).

Here is a bug I found while playing with the Lowell Sphere shapes:

6731589833_ba78619198.jpg

Not sure if this is a new bug or not, but it is a big odd. 1x1 plates and tiles do not fit, but the round plates do.

I'd like to report an error with part 98564 SHOOTER ARM-2012. This part is supposed to have only one connection point (an axle hole). Instead, it has two (an axle hole and a pin hole), much like its earlier counterpart 64275 SHOOTER ARM 8 M. 09.

I imagine the reason for this problem is that the part represents an earlier prototype of the piece.

I emailed LDD guys today, and reported that indeed they've used on earlier prototype of shooter. We even had a test mould of this "non-existing" part, and had them laying around in a high number of different colours.

Erland, Part Design

4474 Cockpit 4X6X2 will not attach vertically to 4625 Plate 1X4 Vertical Hinge in either orientation. This breaks 6925 Interplanetary Rover and 6882 Walking Astro Grappler as demonstrated in the first image. The closest it can get in LDD is 6.7 degrees. Past this, the cockpit and plate collide. I tested it with actual LEGO, and it works fine. So it is definitely a legal build.

As well it will not attach in the other orientation as demonstrated by the second image. The collision area is clearly visible. The fault lies with the 4474 Cockpit. If it were trimmed where the collision takes place, it would match its physical counterpart. While the cockpit is flush with the bricks in the third picture, with actual LEGO, there is a small gap between cockpit and bricks further demonstrating that 4474 as represented in LDD is slightly too long in that particular dimension.

4474_bug.png4474_bug_2.png4474_bug_4.png

Edited: Realized the error was with 4474, and not 4625 as originally posted.

An example of this issue on 6925 Interplanetary Rover can be seen here.

Edited by zinfinion

Hello everybody, i'm Ale and I'm a newer over here, i wanna share with you one bug very boring in LDD. The brick 1x1 with knobs (4733, 47905, 87087) once joint with a techinc brick 1x1 (6541) if try to move them together, LDD crash (you can seee the picture attached)!!! :hmpf_bad:

After you open it again, it's going to remove them from your design coz it considers wrong assebly!!! This bug comes from the ver.3 till the newest release 4.2.

This is very pity bug coz this way to build parts is very common in many project... Anybody has some suggestion? Or found it before?

Ciao

post-17438-132710688072.jpg

Edited by aleluca

6120 Undercarriage 1X4 (Ski) fails to connect to either of the three fingered hinges, 4275 Hinge Plate 1X2 1/2 and 2452 Plate 1X2 W. Hinge. You can see in the image that the hinge ghosts when placed where it should connect. A close approximation of proper placement can be achieved by placing a 1x1 plate underneath the hinge, moving it into position, and then deleting the 1x1. It looks rather convincing if close attention isn't paid.

6120_bug.png

An example of this issue on 6879 Blizzard Baron can be seen here.

Edited by zinfinion

Additionally, I found a sort of an error with part 72039 CORRUGATED PIPE 144MM. This part is able to flex, which is great, but it cannot flex at a sharp enough angle to function correctly in the construction of set 6293 Furno.

72039_error.png

The tubes should connect all the way to the blue friction pins, but they can't do so because it would require them to bend at a sharper angle than is currently possible.

Can you share the LXF - I'd like to try one thing.

Can you share the LXF - I'd like to try one thing.

Here you go. It's not exactly the same as the official set that requires this build, but the area having problems is. The only changes are in the legs and one of the hands.

Both of these errors occurred while building 5979 Max Security Transport.

61069-bug.png

6141 Plate 1x1 Round will not attach to 61069 Design Shell w. Ribs. It can be placed in the proper position with scafolding, but does not attach.

-On the left, with both parts on the floor, 6141 clearly ghosts.

-In the middle, with 61069 raised to the right height, 6141 can be placed illegally, and does not attach.

-On the right, a 4274 Connector Peg w. Knob + 6141 were used to lower the floor, thus getting the right and middle 61069 at the proper height to attempt attaching 6141. 6141 was placed as near as possible, then a clip and shaft were added as scaffolding. 6141 was then slid into place, but still does not attach.

57028-bug.png

57028 Arrow 8M w/Soft Upper P. collides with 3069 Flat Tile 1x2 at the rear of 57796 Release Housing. I'm unsure if this is an illegal build or a LDD collision error.

Bottom, ghosts when fully placed in Housing. Top, furthest it can be placed in.

LXF File

ENIMAGE1327188149211.jpg

I dont dare to say, that Jamie made a no-no in the corner section of the CC 1. floor. I know it IS possible, cause i'm sitting with the original right beside me on the desk. But i can't make LDD do the same trick, and make the curvy 1x2 intersect with the 1x6 plate in the 45 dgr. angle. It should be alligned with the edge of the wall. but it cant....

I dont dare to say, that Jamie made a no-no in the corner section of the CC 1. floor. I know it IS possible, cause i'm sitting with the original right beside me on the desk. But i can't make LDD do the same trick, and make the curvy 1x2 intersect with the 1x6 plate in the 45 dgr. angle. It should be alligned with the edge of the wall. but it cant....

Hmm, that is close. If you place a 1x1 round plate and then a 30136 1x2 brick on top of it, you can see it clips into the 1x6 plate. It might have been judged at design review that there was some leaway in the 2x2 turntable joint, and it was therefore legal. But you can try this yourself. Try to stick a piece of paper in the gap. If it will slip in and out freely, it's OK. If not - you found an illegal build.

post-4755-132722117949.png

57028 Arrow 8M w/Soft Upper P. collides with 3069 Flat Tile 1x2 at the rear of 57796 Release Housing. I'm unsure if this is an illegal build or a LDD collision error.

Neither I would say. With physical bricks, the 57028 arrow can move about slightly in the housing, so I suspect that would give the clearance needed (I did some quick unscientific tests with the bricks here at home and it seemed like it would be OK).

Neither I would say...

57028-bug2.png

I took a better look at it, and it seems that the 57028 Arrow or the internals of the 57796 Housing (and thus the arrow) are too low by 1/60th to 1/30th of a brick height in LDD. I tested it with real bricks, and everything fits. The gap between arrow and flat tile is the thickness of a sheet of paper, so a very tight tolerance. Clearly this is a LDD geometry/collision error, rather than an illegal build.

57028-bug2.png

I took a better look at it, and it seems that the 57028 Arrow or the internals of the 57796 Housing (and thus the arrow) are too low by 1/60th to 1/30th of a brick height in LDD. I tested it with real bricks, and everything fits. The gap between arrow and flat tile is the thickness of a sheet of paper, so a very tight tolerance. Clearly this is a LDD geometry/collision error, rather than an illegal build.

Yeah, but have you taken into account that the 57028 arrow in the real world can move up/wiggle about a bit inside the 57796 housing?

(Or am I completely missing something here... :look: )

Yeah, but have you taken into account that the 57028 arrow in the real world can move up/wiggle about a bit inside the 57796 housing?

At rest, the rear of my arrow has room to be wiggled down, but not up. To put it another way, after inserting the arrow, the rear of it is at the top of its range of wiggle. Hopefully one of those makes sense. Even if there was no wiggle room, it would still fit fine over the 1x2 tile. So it should clearly be able to be positioned identically in LDD. Since it can't, I'd opine that it is an error with either the geometry of the arrow, the holder, the height it snaps to when placed in the holder, or some combination of the three.

I've not looked into other sets that feature the arrow, but I'd imagine the majority of sets don't have a 1x2 tile directly behind the holder, hence this issue not being noticed before, to my knowledge anyway. The 5979 set that has this issue looks fine as built in LDD, so this is very low priority as errors go. :D Not complaining, just documenting them as I find them.

At rest, the rear of my arrow has room to be wiggled down, but not up. To put it another way, after inserting the arrow, the rear of it is at the top of its range of wiggle. Hopefully one of those makes sense. Even if there was no wiggle room, it would still fit fine over the 1x2 tile. So it should clearly be able to be positioned identically in LDD. Since it can't, I'd opine that it is an error with either the geometry of the arrow, the holder, the height it snaps to when placed in the holder, or some combination of the three.

I've not looked into other sets that feature the arrow, but I'd imagine the majority of sets don't have a 1x2 tile directly behind the holder, hence this issue not being noticed before, to my knowledge anyway. The 5979 set that has this issue looks fine as built in LDD, so this is very low priority as errors go. :D Not complaining, just documenting them as I find them.

Well, it seems you have a point here. I have to look again.

The intersting thing about these seamingly minor bugs is that sometimes they lead the way to some more serious underlying issue.

In LDD mode there is a Hero Factory shell that appears as if transparent with a golden print on the front, but when clicked, it turns out to be a fully gold shell.

EDIT: Also, this means that the golden shell (5m ball snap) appears twice in the palette.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

In LDD mode there is a Hero Factory shell that appears as if transparent with a golden print on the front, but when clicked, it turns out to be a fully gold shell.

EDIT: Also, this means that the golden shell (5m ball snap) appears twice in the palette.

Not being a HF expert, what is the LDD part numer of the shell?

Not being a HF expert, what is the LDD part numer of the shell?

90639. There's also another one of this part in LDD mode that looks like a decorated transparent shell in the parts tray, but when generated it's a decorated shell in Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange. Not sure what the causes for these problems could be. Normally the images in the parts tray tend to match up just fine with the parts they generate.

90639. There's also another one of this part in LDD mode that looks like a decorated transparent shell in the parts tray, but when generated it's a decorated shell in Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange. Not sure what the causes for these problems could be. Normally the images in the parts tray tend to match up just fine with the parts they generate.

I suppose it would have been a tad bit more helpful if I had shared the part number. I've never seen any incorrect renders in the palette until now. Also, when I checked to see if there happened to be any other similar glitches with the Hero Shells, I noticed the one Aanchir just pointed out. It appears to be 40 - transparent, with a tr. fluorescent reddish orange finish on the front, which is then covered with the print. So it's the same bug that the golden shell has.

The mini turntable (601948) wont allow the 12 tooth gear to attach to its edge.

Edited by Calabar
Oversized image converted in text link.

The mini turntable (601948) wont allow the 12 tooth gear to attach to its edge.

It works for me - you have to position the gears exactly, like within 1 degree and then the 12 tooth gear will slide all the way in.

But it's not optimal in LDD - there should be a bit more tolerance.

Nothing new, but I'd love it if they fixed the decals on transparent parts - so that they're on top of the transparency instead of inside it..

Nothing new, but I'd love it if they fixed the decals on transparent parts - so that they're on top of the transparency instead of inside it..

Example please :classic: