kyphur

Coming Soon- MLCad Parts List to BrickLink Wanted List XML Converter

6721356777_ab7b28d5cb_z.jpg

Is anyone interested if I share this tool I've written to support my own projects?

Basically it takes MLCad generated Parts List in a text file and generates the proper XML to upload to a BrickLink Wanted List.

Current Features:

* - Supports mpd files:

- - - Using multiple copies of a sub-model it adds the proper number of parts needed.

- - - Combines parts from all models in the file before generating the XML.

- - - If Color is specified for sub-model then it overrides the user set Main Color.

* - Select between New or Old Grays

* - User defines "Main Color"

* - User can set the Parts List ID

* - Automatically overrides some Part Numbers (for example "4093b" Train Base 6 x 28 to "4093a")

* - Ignores any parts that are "Edge_Color", I use this to include PF Connectors in the model but not the parts list.

* - Confirms with BrickLink that the part exists in the desired color.

Current Limitations (working on overcoming):

* - Sub-model file names can't have spaces

* - Colors conversion chart isn't complete

* - Parts conversion chart isn't complete

It's a Windows App, no plans to make Apple or Lunix version.

Feedback, suggestion etc are appreciated.

Edited by kyphur

Hello,

it's amazing. I was looking for such kind of tool i already have gotten the one for LDD and it works very fine and i found it very useful! so if wanna share yours with me it'll be great and i'd thx you. :classic:

Ciao

Ale

Edited by aleluca

I'm not using MLCAD related softwares in this period, but surely your creation is very useful!

I would be very pleased if you decide to share it.

Unfortunately it is for windows only (is it a .net application?), so mac and linux users will not be able to take advantage of your work.

Email me

I hope he will provide a public link accessible to everybody, and not send it in this way.

PS: it is not a good idea to share "in clear" your email. Spam bots could read your address and overrun you with tons of spam! :tongue:

I'm not using MLCAD related softwares in this period, but surely your creation is very useful!

I would be very pleased if you decide to share it.

Unfortunately it is for windows only (is it a .net application?), so mac and linux users will not be able to take advantage of your work.

I hope he will provide a public link accessible to everybody, and not send it in this way.

PS: it is not a good idea to share "in clear" your email. Spam bots could read your address and overrun you with tons of spam! :tongue:

Ach!!! I made a mistake about the email!!! *huh*

Edited by aleluca

About the mail, I suggest you to edit your previous post deleting the reference.

About the bug, this is not the right place. Post it here! :wink:

Ok, I got it, thx very much. Then lets waiting that the MLCad Parts List comes, hehe!! :classic:

About the mail, I suggest you to edit your previous post deleting the reference.

About the bug, this is not the right place. Post it ... :wink:

Ok, I got it, thx very much. Then lets waiting that the MLCad Parts List comes, hehe!! :classic:

Is anyone interested if I share this tool I've written to support my own projects?

This sounds like exactly the tool I've been looking for. Is it possible to get a copy? You can email me by using my username and #######@gmail.com